Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: You don't think that Gays/Lesbians are capable of falling in love?
Yes, Gays and Lesbians can fall in Love. 33 100.00%
No, Gays and Lesbians are only together for sex. 0 0%
I am not sure. 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 06:48 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
There aren't enough lesbians where I live for me to be promiscuous...

In any case, I'm the kind of girl who at least has to be in a relationship with a girl before I have sex with her.

I don't know why gay men are less likely to be in a stable relationship...I might have to do some research.
Well maybe it has to do where you live? It is harder for gay people to be together? Less gay people around, most just leave when they can, lots of closeted people, some even married to the opposite sex, a lot of descrimination, etc. Where I live in a big city, I see plenty of lesbians and yes, gay males together as couples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 AM

479 posts, read 1,443,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Do you think been a homosexual is only about having sex? Well let me tell you that sex can be part of the relationship (but not all gay people need to have sex to be stable and some just don't have sex - just like heterosexuals). But gays and lesbians do fall in love and they can have stable relationships. Many can last together longer than some Heterosexuals. That is why many want to marry, cause they are in love and they want to be recognize by the law as a true partnership. They don't care about what churches want to do. You want a 'Holy' marriage you go to a church, you want a 'Legal' marriage you can go to a courtroom. And for some there is always Las Vagas, I guess.

Here just read on it if you don't believe me...

Gay couples can be as stable as straights, evidence suggests / Bush quote makes longevity an issue

Yes I think that they can fall in Love and have healthy relationships, even raise kids. That is why they should be allow to get marry. I met a friend in college who was raised by two gay man. At first I wasn't sure how that will turn out. But he was into sports like I was and love girls as well. And in the end, he turn out straigh as they come. He is married to a woman and they both have two beautiful smart children. Such a nice and good family I must say. That is why I don't believe in what religious people preach.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:54 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Well maybe it has to do where you live? It is harder for gay people to be together? Less gay people around, most just leave when they can, lots of closeted people, some even married to the opposite sex, a lot of descrimination, etc. Where I live in a big city, I see plenty of lesbians and yes, gay males together as couples.
I did mention where I live in my post. lol.

I know my dating options will be limited but oh well.
I'm only 18 so it's not like I just NEED to be surrounded by lesbians (even though that would be awesome).

The closest city I can really think of going to would be Dallas and I am planning a trip to Nashville soon. The Lipstick Lounge is calling my name.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:25 PM

^ Yeah I hope you can find happiness elsewhere.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekitor View Post
Yes I think that they can fall in Love and have healthy relationships, even raise kids. That is why they should be allow to get marry. I met a friend in college who was raised by two gay man. At first I wasn't sure how that will turn out. But he was into sports like I was and love girls as well. And in the end, he turn out straigh as they come. He is married to a woman and they both have two beautiful smart children. Such a nice and good family I must say. That is why I don't believe in what religious people preach.
Thanks. That was a nice story.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:35 PM

So it seems like the majority voted yes. So now all we need is that marriage license to make it publicly official.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:07 PM

540 posts, read 630,030 times
Now wouldn't that be perfect...ther's a cure there's a cure!

Old 11-26-2008, 05:09 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
I did mention where I live in my post. lol.

I know my dating options will be limited but oh well.
I'm only 18 so it's not like I just NEED to be surrounded by lesbians (even though that would be awesome).

The closest city I can really think of going to would be Dallas and I am planning a trip to Nashville soon. The Lipstick Lounge is calling my name.
Dallas? Why wouldn't you do Austin instead, isn't their slogan "Keep Austin Weird"? And I don't mean that as in gays are weird, I mean that I think it's probably a laid-back cool city, the ONLY city in Texas that I would even think to visit if I was ever near Texas.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
Now wouldn't that be perfect...ther's a cure there's a cure!
Hmmm, Ok. I see you haven't even vote. So what do you really think?

Old 11-26-2008, 08:43 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
the ONLY city in Texas that I would even think to visit if I was ever near Texas.
Houston's not bad. It's the only city in Texas I've visited, so I guess Austin's sure to be more impressive, but I like Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies