Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:00 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
I've said it on here one hundred times, I don't care if the chairman comes before congress once a week-The Federal Reserve System is NOT the federal gov, a gov agency, controlled by congress, or WE THE PEOPLE.
Repeating a falsehood -- even as many as a hundred times -- does not make it true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 08:21 PM

564 posts, read 892,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Repeating a falsehood -- even as many as a hundred times -- does not make it true.
In my lectures throughout this nation, and in my appearances on many radio and television programs, I have sounded the toxin that the Federal Reserve System is not Federal; it has no reserves; and it is not a system at all, but rather, a criminal syndicate. From November, 1910, when the conspirators met on Jekyll Island, Georgia, to the present time, the machinations of the Federal Reserve bankers have been shrouded in secrecy. Today, that secrecy has cost the American people a three trillion dollar debt, with annual interest payments to these bankers amounting to some three hundred billion dollars per year, sums which stagger the imagination, and which in themselves are ultimately unpayable. Officials of the Federal Reserve System routinely issue remonstrances to the public, much as the Hindu fakir pipes an insistent tune to the dazed cobra which sways its head before him, not to resolve the situation, but to prevent it from striking him.

Secrets of the Federal Reserve

Old 11-12-2008, 08:27 PM

464 posts, read 660,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
So are you stating that The Federal Reserve System is a Government Agency? I am pretty sure that you would not state that. You would probably say that it is a system of private banks. Correct?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Now the only smart person that buys into this nonsense is the fellow who gets rubes to pay to hear is lectures.

Might you be so good as to point to a single non-governmental entity in which the entire governing structure is appointed by the President of the United States and confirmed by the Senate? Or could you perhaps point out a single private entity whose structure and operation can be amended by either Executive Order or an Act of Congress?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:54 PM

396 posts, read 1,035,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daminos View Post
In an interview with Jim Lehrer, Alan Greenspan admits that the Federal Reserve is not a government agency. This should put to rest the deniers on this board who are willingly ignorant:

When asked by Jim Lehrer what should be the proper relationship between a chairman of the Fed and The President of the United States, Greenspan said:
This is true. The Fed is not a government agency. I learned that when I was in college.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:26 PM

396 posts, read 1,035,164 times
The Founding of the Fed - Federal Reserve Bank of New York

Old 11-12-2008, 09:51 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old biddie View Post
This is true. The Fed is not a government agency. I learned that when I was in college.
Then you need to get a refund on your tuition.

Greenspans quote as posted above:

"Well, first of all, the Federal Reserve is an independent agency [of whom pray tell ovc], and that means, basically, that there is no other agency of government [surely if the Fed were not an agency the sentence should have omitted "other"] which can overrule actions that we take. So long as that is in place and there is no evidence that the administration or the Congress or anybody else is requesting that we do things other than what we think is the appropriate thing, then what the relationships are don't, frankly, matter."

Old 11-13-2008, 06:07 AM

464 posts, read 660,523 times
Quote:
Might you be so good as to point to a single non-governmental entity in which the entire governing structure is appointed by the President of the United States and confirmed by the Senate?
Only the Board of Governers is appointed and approved. And that is pro forma at best. The President is told who to appoint and the Congress is bought and paid for. The management of the Regional Banks and ALL of the PRIVATE Member Banks are private entities the stockholders of which own stock in the Federal Reserve System. So you, and all others like you, conveniently gloss over the fact that THE SYSTEM IS A PRIVATE ORGANIZATION.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
could you perhaps point out a single private entity whose structure and operation can be amended by either Executive Order or an Act of Congress?
That is an easy one. Every single corporation chartered in the United States can have its Corporate charter revoked by either the President or the Congress, and, for that matter, the Supreme Court. So whatever argument you were trying to make is fallacious.

I sincerely hope that you are not a teacher or University Professor because I would hate to think that I am wasting more of my money sending my kids to school. And I hope you don't work for the Federal Reserve System because then Ben Bernanke isn't the only incompetent employee of the Federal Reserve System. My money is that you are just another one of the American sheep-le with a slave mentality.

I notice you're still incapable of answering my questions.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:32 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,207,534 times
As posted on a few threads, a bill has be tabled for congressional approval. if you believe the fed needs to be reigned in, contact your congressman and get them to support HR1207. then pass it on to everyone you know.

YouTube - Sen Sanders asks Bernanke to tell us where our money has gone and the Chairman refuses!!! (03.03.09)

Old 02-19-2011, 05:29 PM

258 posts, read 238,714 times
The Fed owes it's existence to an act of Congress, there are Congressional appointments on the BOD and there is reporting every year to Congress in subcommittee hearings.

This is enough for most to be convinced that it's Federal. But in reality it's the functions outside of this that reveal that it's true power really is in independent and private hands, that don't even have to pretend they care about the public good.

Congress and the President have no say in the day to day actions of the Fed, the ability to set monetary policy which is possibly the greatest power of all.

They can't have any say on the Fed's ability to lend money that's printed out of thin air on concessionary terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies