Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:03 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,890 times

Advertisements

You are going to love this short video if you cannot stand JOE THE PLUMBER.

YouTube - CNN Rick Sanchez VS Joe The Plumber
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:31 AM

472 posts, read 872,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post

Joe... is completely outclassed in answering this arguement. He is the example of many Americans on the left and right who stand completely on the principles but can't grasp or comprehend the 'ISSUES'.

In a very transparent way his dialog exemplifies the failure of the Bush legacy... which stood on principles at the expense of resolving the issues.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:48 AM

372 posts, read 849,150 times
This was a total hit job, and Rick Sanchez should be ashamed of himself. Rick is now on TV, maybe his financial records should have been part of the discussion too.

All I got from Rick was, "since you're not in that tax bracket why should you care if they're taxed more?"

What if he asked, "Since you're not an African American, why should you care about civil rights legislation?".. or "Since you're not a pregnant woman, why should you care about Roe v. Wade?" Why should we care about genicide while we're at it?

I'm not too poor to afford health care and insurance, why should I care if someone else falls through he cracks? I don't live in an inner city, why should I care about failing schools with high drop out rates?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:57 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post

Nothing personal against good old Joe but he sure made an a$$ out of himself! Oh well his 15 minutes of fame is done, he is history now.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:12 AM

184 posts, read 359,454 times
let me help you translate Joe The Idiot

"Joe's principles" = "Joe's own personal xenophobia and racism"

Old 11-05-2008, 10:34 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,219,487 times
It's time for JTB to go back to obscurity. As quickly as possible.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:28 PM

7 posts, read 20,934 times
I call Joe the plumer "Joe the looser wanna be plumer"

Old 01-22-2009, 10:49 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasNootz View Post
This was a total hit job, and Rick Sanchez should be ashamed of himself. Rick is now on TV, maybe his financial records should have been part of the discussion too.

All I got from Rick was, "since you're not in that tax bracket why should you care if they're taxed more?"

What if he asked, "Since you're not an African American, why should you care about civil rights legislation?".. or "Since you're not a pregnant woman, why should you care about Roe v. Wade?" Why should we care about genicide while we're at it?

I'm not too poor to afford health care and insurance, why should I care if someone else falls through he cracks? I don't live in an inner city, why should I care about failing schools with high drop out rates?
Did you listen to the interview? Rick Sanchez was absolutely right to ask him this, after Joe astoundingly announced that people making less than $250K should pay MORE taxes than those who make over $250K.

tekka-maki's link to the Jan. 14 Rick Sanchez comments on Joe the Journalist is excellent too - snippy, but RS makes extremely important points about journalism that Joe, and people like Joe, should remember.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:59 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,191 times
Default CNN's Rick Sanchez VS Joe The Plumber Part II

Anyone remember the interview Rick had with this guy?

Well... there's more now.

YouTube - CNN's Rick Sanchez vs. "Joe the Plumber"

And that's not alll:
Samuel J. Wurzelbacher, a.k.a. 'Joe the Plumber': War reporting should be 'abolished'

Old 01-23-2009, 02:25 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,294 times
^ so Joe the Plumber is for press censorship? How lovely! I'm sure if he was in his ancestral nation of Poland during WW 2 where he proclaims ""To be honest with you, I don't think journalists should be anywhere allowed war [sic]. . . . I liked back in World War I and World War II, when you'd go to the theater and you'd see your troops on the screen and everyone would be real excited and happy for them," he'd be singing a different tune when the Nazis were slaughtering Poles in Warsaw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies