Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:52 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,367,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo2008 View Post
Wow such hostility Gina! Does this mean you didn't vote for Obama? I think Obama will do a lot better job than Bush did. I thought Bush did a pretty lousy job. The Republicans have been very unfair to Obama. They won't give him a chance because he's a Democrat. Obama is doing the best that he can and he believes in what he is doing. I think he has done a decent job so far. Please don't tell me you prefer Sarah Palin to Obama. If Sarah gets elected America will definitely go to he** in a hand basket.
Hostility? Since when is truth, hostility?

She was absolutely right. Obama is out to destroy America. He hates it. He has spent his entire life hating it. Look at who his accociates are? They all hate America. That is why they are trying to destroy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 05:51 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,068,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Glen says he is not a journalist, but he has NEVER said he doesn't check facts. You made than one up, but that's to be expected.
If you want the real facts, listen to Glen.
Actually I've heard the same thing. Someone told me she saw Glenn Beck a while back on TV and he said that he doesn't research a lot of what he says on his show. He basically said that he was playing to the right wing crowd and not really checking into things whether they were true or not. My impression of Glenn Beck is he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Good point, but if people actually analyzed the positions of their candidates before they voted them in, nobody would vote for a Democrat or a Republican, they'd vote for Libertarians, Greens, Constitutionalists, Communists and Fascists. Instead we get the choice "would you rather elect a douche or a turd sandwich?"

But for Beck to have said that Palin was the most qualified of the 4 just proves that he talks from his Donkey. Palin, who barely graduated from some backwoods hick college, who was a housewife and a local sports reporter in ALASKA until just a couple of years ago and who had never made any real decisions, was somehow more qualified than McCain, Obama, Biden...or even Bob Barr. That is why he'll never have any credibility, he just says things that he knows will get him ratings.

He was a "morning zoo" disc jockey before he became a political pundit...and before that, he was a drug addict, alcoholic who needed Jesus to save him.
Well stated! It looks like Jesus really helped him out because now he's racking up the cash with all the BS he talks on his show. He's probably a Democrat. He's playing up to the right wingers because he's taking this to the bank. A lot of people think Glenn Beck is an idiot, a racist or whatever but if you think about what I said he's a very smart man.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Just because people share your views, doesn't mean they are right.

Thousands of people tried to stop schools from integrating.

2,000,000+ people were active in the Klan back in the 1920s.

David Duke (former Grand Wizard of the KKK) was nearly elected to the senate just 20 years ago.

Hitler was Democratically elected.
So was Hugo Chavez.

If public opinion is fueled by hate and bigotry, it's never right.
Glenn Beck fuels hate and bigotry. I don't support Obama or most of his policies, but I certainly don't hate him. He's simply the man America decided was the best person to help us recover from the disaster known as President George W. Bush.
Yeah and believe me we'll probably all be dead by the time we recover from the Bush disaster. Speaking of Jesus we all better start praying right now because 2012 is only three years away.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:59 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,919,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo2008 View Post
Actually I've heard the same thing. Someone told me she saw Glenn Beck a while back on TV and he said that he doesn't research a lot of what he says on his show. He basically said that he was playing to the right wing crowd and not really checking into things whether they were true or not. My impression of Glenn Beck is he's laughing all the way to the bank.
"Some one told me"...!! You should be embarressed to make a post like that..
Someone told me the moon is blue. It must be true, 'cause someone told me.... Read your post again, and then go hide
Your point is made, democrats aren't the shapest of people...

Old 11-16-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

She was absolutely right. Obama is out to destroy America. He hates it. He has spent his entire life hating it. Look at who his accociates are? They all hate America. That is why they are trying to destroy it.
Why do you think Obama is trying to destroy America? Since he lives in Chicago (one of the famous American cities) wouldn't he also be destroying himself if he destroys America? If he destroys America then he also destroys Chicago and Hawaii (where he grew up). I definitely don't think he's trying to destroy America I just think he's trying to change America. I know a lot of people don't agree with what he is doing but if he thinks he's doing the right thing then it's not his intent to destroy America.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
"Some one told me"...!! You should be embarressed to make a post like that..
Someone told me the moon is blue. It must be true, 'cause someone told me.... Read your post again, and then go hide
Your point is made, democrats aren't the shapest of people...
You should be embarrassed by your post. The someone is a friend of mine and she has no reason to lie to me about this. If she says she saw it on TV then she saw it. Whoever you were replying to several posts back obviously heard the same thing.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:40 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,845,879 times
Quote:
I didn't write "white" Americans, because it isn't only "whites" that disagree with Obama and his policies. There are more than just "whites" that love America.

Have you ever heard of Michelle Malkin, a "Filipino American" (though I'm sure Michelle calls herself an "American" — why do you find it necessary to say "Filipino American"?) You should become familiar with her work. She doesn't find it necessary to identify with "white" America. She is an "American". Period. Why aren't you? Are you Filipino first and American second?

What did you think of Marcos? Did you agree with him because he was a "Filipino"? He was basically a dictator. That's what Obama is. Is that what you want? Someone like Marcos?

Or, were you born in America, as was Michelle Malkin. In which case, you are not a "Filipino-American".

Which is it? And what is your point? Do you support the destruction of America? Why? You live here. Why don't you go back to the Philippines? Live there if you don't like it here.

Finally, Beck is neither racist (prove it), nor a moron (prove it). He does not act or speak like a racist (race has notihng to do with disagreement with Obamas Marxist policies — Obama is a Marxist. And, yes he is black. So what? He is still a Marxist).

Beck is far from a moron. He is smarter than most who post on this forum, including you (and me).

u sound like one of those who disagree with the FILIPINO insurrection against the US

Old 11-16-2009, 07:40 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,946,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Why dont you be more concise? why dont you just write "white" americans cuz Blacks, Asians, Hispanics dont share your views as in general public. Me personally a Filipino American (+ other ethenticities - color) think beck is a racist moron.
I love it when racists like you make ironic comments.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:41 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,341,971 times
Quote:

Exactly and his followers do not see it for some reason.

Why do you think he shut down the investigation into the worst terrorist act on US Soil in recent memory?

He knows it will expose the enemy within and of course he does not want that to happen.

Do not worry, Beck will be all over Obama on this issue also.

Beck is NOT racist at all. If you listen long enough his facts are dead on right.

He has taken down 3 of Obamas buddies all by himself, now that impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies