Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,062,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Because there is no need to possess anything. Greed is an intense feeling that you need to have something you don't...more of something you already have, or something you don't have. If I have something, and I'm not using it, why shouldn't it also be available to someone else?

Why do you need more land, for instance, than the amount you can physically occupy? If you plant crops in an area of land, why take the whole crop for yourself? You have to preserve the food, or it will go to waste. Is it better for it to go to waste?

I have no need for material possessions, I can take none of them with me when I'm dead.

WOW, this is a GREAT post!!! This is the way that I think too!

In regards to what the other poster said, "most of us live in the real world." Not to be argumentative, but, I wish more people like you that live in this, so called, "real world" would investigate it more then just blindly excepting it.

This so called "real world" that you live in has been entirely created for you, so no, it's not real; its artificial and EXTREMELY corrupt!

Many people worry that human civilization would collapse if extra terrestrial beings were discovered but the truth is that all modern civilization would collapse if most in the population knew that all the problems, wars, and stolen wealth were all caused by a small group of family's that run the show through corrupt governments, churches, modern media and other large agency's that are created to control people.

The cycle is hard to break because all of you go to school thinking you are learning but how are you learning if they don't tell you the truth? They don't tell you the true history of your nation and that was founded on stolen land. If by chance they do tell something, they paint a vague picture for your mind.

Ha, the United States of America is ONLY a corporation and your current leader is the president; just like any other corporation. Many people don't realize that America; which is a corporation, is owned by England. The Queen of England owns your @%%.

Every person that is issued a birth certificate in America is a commodity that is bought and sold on the stock market. Don't believe me? Do your homework as to why your full name is spelled in all capital letters on all of your bills. i.e. JOHN DOE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 07:52 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,092,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
When you park your car, do you leave the keys in it and the doors unlocked so that anyone who wishes may drive it while you are not driving it?
(assuming you own a car)
Hehe.....sure...everyone share!!

And what about your shoes and bed...does someone use them when you are not? Underwear??

Old 09-26-2008, 07:55 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,092,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
WOW, this is a GREAT post!!! This is the way that I think too!

In regards to what the other poster said, "most of us live in the real world." Not to be argumentative, but, I wish more people like you that live in this, so called, "real world" would investigate it more then just blindly excepting it.

This so called "real world" that you live in has been entirely created for you, so no, it's not real; its artificial and EXTREMELY corrupt!

Many people worry that human civilization would collapse if extra terrestrial beings were discovered but the truth is that all modern civilization would collapse if most in the population knew that all the problems, wars, and stolen wealth were all caused by a small group of family's that run the show through corrupt governments, churches, modern media and other large agency's that are created to control people.

The cycle is hard to break because all of you go to school thinking you are learning but how are you learning if they don't tell you the truth? They don't tell you the true history of your nation and that was founded on stolen land. If by chance they do tell something, they paint a vague picture for your mind.

Ha, the United States of America is ONLY a corporation and your current leader is the president; just like any other corporation. Many people don't realize that America; which is a corporation, is owned by England. The Queen of England owns your @%%.

Every person that is issued a birth certificate in America is a commodity that is bought and sold on the stock market. Don't believe me? Do your homework as to why your full name is spelled in all capital letters on all of your bills. i.e. JOHN DOE
OK Morpheus ....message received. (cool how you disguised your true identity with the name misspelling )

Neo Out.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,597,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Ah no wonder I have been feeling a little down lately, the corporation that "owns" me must have had it's stock share prices go down this last couple of weeks.

Now back to reality, I think a couple of posters need to find their medicine again, badly!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:28 PM

20,397 posts, read 20,063,289 times
Quote:
....I consider ownership a crime.

Have fun getting that one on the books

How would you punish those that currently commit the crime of "owning their home"?

Old 09-26-2008, 10:31 PM

20,397 posts, read 20,063,289 times
Quote:
Because there is no need to possess anything. Greed is an intense feeling that you need to have something you don't...more of something you already have, or something you don't have. If I have something, and I'm not using it, why shouldn't it also be available to someone else?

Why do you need more land, for instance, than the amount you can physically occupy? If you plant crops in an area of land, why take the whole crop for yourself? You have to preserve the food, or it will go to waste. Is it better for it to go to waste?

I have no need for material possessions, I can take none of them with me when I'm dead.
I really would like to know how, exactly, you support yourself and in what fashion?

It might be for me or it might not.

Just curious.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:52 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,480,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I really would like to know how, exactly, you support yourself and in what fashion?

Just curious.
Living in the basement at his mom's house?

Old 09-27-2008, 05:59 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,407,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marysally View Post
Some one told me that they had heard there was a plan floated to tax people as income on the value of their homes if owned outright or if they owed less on it than it was worth. I said that I couldn't believe that idea would float. Talk about punishing people who are doing the right thing financially!
Democrats proposed such an idea many years ago. It didn't fly. They wanted to tax the "rental value" of a home that you owned.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:39 AM

27,224 posts, read 46,948,649 times
If the Dem. think this is a good idea ....guess how many people would live the country and take their money abroad....This will never be a bill IMO, but with Obama you never know...we all know that people will losse money on their 401K when Obama would be the president...he is going to raise capital gaines so even the little man and woman will be hit hard under Obama...If that is what you want than vote for Obama, otherwise be smart and vote for the plan that creates jobs and that is McCain....the companies can only create jobs if they don't pay more taxes....just a simple economy lesson, you don't have to be smart to figure that one out!

Old 09-27-2008, 02:11 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,820,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Just curious.
I earn enough money to pay for food and shelter...what happens to the rest of the money, I have NO idea, because I have no interest in what happens to it. My girlfriend, who does not work, handles the finances. I could care less about money, as long as I have one meal a day and a roof over my head.

But I don't OWN my home either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies