Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 08:00 AM
LML LML started this thread

7,100 posts, read 9,124,764 times

Advertisements

Just some thoughts:

1. The U.S. tax policies benefit companies that move their production jobs from the U.S. to China, thereby removing jobs from American workers and giving them to workers in China

2. Rather than raise taxes to fight the war in Iraq, the U.S. has borrowed billions and billions of dollars from China, thereby indebting us to China for generations to come.

3. Now, after sacrificing over 4000 American lives and thousands more in life changing injuries to American troops and spending trillions of dollars in "freeing" Iraq, what is one of the first thing that "free" Iraq does? It sells its oil to CHINA and NOT the U.S.A.

Guess the years that Bush I spent in China weren't wasted, were they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 08:50 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,143,925 times
Here's another one. The US government has mandated that all TV be digital by next February. A year ago, I bought a perfectly fine 20-inch flat-screen TV that I'm very hapy with for $139. I was in the same store the other day, and they do not have a single 20-inch TV for less than $289. Millions of people have to buy either a new TV or a converter box, which the government is paying for. Question: Where are all those TVs and converters being made?

The US has made a law that requires US TV viewers to spend maybe 10- or 20-billion dollars this year on Chinese-made replacement products or converters, and even using taxpayer money to reimburse many of the buyers.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:26 AM

In addition, many states, including my own, have passed legislation that irridescent light bulbs...which are manuafactured in the U.S. MUST be phased out by 2010. In their place the new type of light bulbs that MUST be used are manuafactured in CHINA.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:32 AM

214 posts, read 288,355 times
Did China's Central Bank, the IMF and others twist U.S. policy makers' arms into bailing out FM / FM? No, they gladly did what they were told! One must remember, most of "our" illustrious representatives are paid to take care of their corporate masters, not the citizens. Looks as if the Red Dragon bought its way through the back door, at the U.S. taxpayers' expense. Bonds will be bonds, after all.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobodog View Post
Did China's Central Bank, the IMF and others twist U.S. policy makers' arms into bailing out FM / FM? No, they gladly did what they were told! One must remember, most of "our" illustrious representatives are paid to take care of their corporate masters, not the citizens. Looks as if the Red Dragon bought its way through the back door, at the U.S. taxpayers' expense. Bonds will be bonds, after all.

I'm afraid I have to agree.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:50 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,899,100 times
To be fair... China owns the U.S. as we owe them too much... so of course, our laws are in favor of the Chinese... after all, they are our real president... we sold our presidency a long time ago... I think people just haven't realized it... 50+ trillion in unrealized debt.. we sold our country a long time ago for the entitlements and handouts we have been getting... why are we complaining? The more entitlements and handouts we demand, the more we sell our country away... Nothing is for free... unless you are a delusional American...

Old 09-14-2008, 06:08 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,744,837 times
Clinton sold us out, with the "most favored trading nation" BS when he was in. He's the treasonous SOB.......Bush and company just stayed the course. Too late to do anything about it now. After Lehmann Bros, and those just before, and the many, many , many more financial institutions to fail coming up, the Chinese will also end up with ACTUAL ownership title to all of the real estate, and everything else in this country. They never had to invade, they'll just move their people into the property that they own.......WE were sold out by our own.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:30 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,899,100 times
I don't think we were sold out... look at all the people holding out their hands for a handout.. the price was simple, for every $1 dollar you get you sell $10 worth of your country... did that stop people from demanding more entitlements and handouts? Nope, they asked for more even... even now, people are demanding more and more entitlements... they don't want to pay for their own entitlements so they borrow from the Chinese and hope their grandchildren will pay the Chinese... That's when China becomes the boss.... I guess we could vote to abolish China's debt and tell them too bad, but then that would be the end of entitlements and all these social programs... like Americans would ever give up their entitlement programs... they'll just keep selling out America one property at a time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies