Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Code Pink calls marines war criminals. DO YOU AGREE WITH CODE PINK?
Yes 11 9.82%
No 93 83.04%
Not Sure 8 7.14%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 05:34 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,356,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I agree totally, but they are right about Nancy Pelosi being a sellout. She is a traitor like they are.

From a Dem's perspective I couldn't fathom an bigger invert wishy washy sell out than Pelosi.

She give's anti Bush speeches and like a good trained dog does exactly what he wants as far as voting with him goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 07:18 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,640,496 times
Default I'm not sure about criminals but they killers.

That's what they are trained to do, unfortunately. That is a fact.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:29 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
That's what they are trained to do, unfortunately. That is a fact.

That is not a fact .
A so called "fact" only to those who have no concept of the military (now that is a fact) .

You have countless jobs in the military . Only a small percentage are in combat type jobs .

So not sure where you get your "facts" from.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:34 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,648,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Code Pink calls marines war criminals

YouTube - Code Pink calls marines war criminals
Thanks ProudCapMarine, I have to have those images burned in my head the rest of the night. it looks like a bunch of women rejected from a K.D. Lang concert.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:18 PM

1,001 posts, read 2,724,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
They are war criminals............Ask yourself, which is the courgeous thing to do: Stand up and be right and honest and moral, and go to prison for your convictions? Or line up innocent civilans against a wall and mow them down because you are told to. Given that command, which would you do?
I cannot believe this has gone the entire thread unanswered!

WHEN EVER have our brave men and women in combat EVER been asked to LINE UP INNOCENT CIVILIANS AGAINST A WALL AND MOW THEM DOWN????? I would daresay....NEVER? All the ignorance of the argument is displayed in the one single sentence. And I would imagine given this type of order, they would and should decline. It is ridiculous.

I have the utmost respect for our military and never a second thought about their service to our great country! I don't like code pink, but they have the right, as all Americans do, to their opinions. My grandmother used to say....It is sometimes better to remain silent and let others think you a fool, than it is to open your mouth and prove it so. Let Code pink open their mouth in protest all they wish.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:23 PM

789 posts, read 1,339,151 times
Code Pink is against torture.
Do you agree with Code Pink? McCain does.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 PM

20,340 posts, read 37,425,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
like all groups, the marines have some bad apples

i understand that theyre just doing their job, but when theres massacres and harrassment it is where the bad feelings come out in the public
Perhaps that's true, but a lot of times marines and others in the armed forces are wrongly accused of crimes they have never committed. I remember a prominent Democrat in Congress, Murtha, publicly accusing some soldiers of war atrocities, long before the investigations took place. Later these accusations were found to be false, and now some of them may even take legal action to clear their names. What Murtha did back then was terrible, and he should apologize.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 PM

2,550 posts, read 5,474,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Perhaps that's true, but a lot of times marines and others in the armed forces are wrongly accused of crimes they have never committed. I remember a prominent Democrat in Congress, Murtha, publicly accusing some soldiers of war atrocities, long before the investigations took place. Later these accusations were found to be false, and now some of them may even take legal action to clear their names. What Murtha did back then was terrible, and he should apologize.
among other things. that guy is a disgrace to the usmc and the country.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:40 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,980,244 times
The leader of Code Pink which is Medea Benjamin is a far leftwing loon who believes that Hugo Chavez is a great human being. And not surprisingly she resides in San Francisco, which is the motherland for anti-U.S leftwing radicals. So it's not surprising that she and her organization would bash our American troops like that.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:25 AM

225 posts, read 343,295 times
I served in the Navy years ago and worked with marines often. Two points to make:
1. Marines are in the marines because they want to be there. And I can say honestly that many, many of the marines I met sincerely craved the chance to go to war, to kill and to be under fire. It is what they trained for and it is the highest honor for them to see combat. They are not terribly discriminating about who it is they fight.
2. When you give an order to a sailor, he/she thinks about it, complains some and then maybe gets to it. When you give a marine an order, he/she does it immediately without a word. That is the way they are trained. Although in theory military personnel are told that they need not follow an unlawful order, the truth is a bit different and entirely different among the USMC, a very cohesive group. I believe that few marines would hesitate to follow an unlawful order.
The Marine Corp is a necessary ingredient of a military. I want a group like the marines in a box ready to be brought out and pointed at an enemy, but in the meantime, you can't turn off their natural tendencies. I think Code Pink is pretty crackpot. There is a horrible potential for wrongdoing among military personnel when they are put in a lawless situation. Best to not have them there unnecessarily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies