Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 05:43 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,610 times

Advertisements

New Rap Song Advocates Killing Bill O'Reilly and Michelle Malkin

New Rap Song Advocates Killing Bill O'Reilly and Michelle Malkin | NewsBusters.org

Although the hatred for conservative media members by leftists in this nation knows no bounds, a new "song" by the rap group East Coast Avengers represents a new low in vitriolic musical expression.
Entitled "Kill Bill O'Reilly," the piece actually advocates the murder of "The Factor" host, as well as a similar fate for Michelle Malkin.

Fifty years ago, they said Rock & Roll was bad for America's youth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 06:05 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Hate to say it but nothing surprises me in the rap world anymore. You know, when hip hop first came into its own, the songs were filled with cool beats and pretty decent lyrics. The artists were out to have a good time with a new sound. Artists like Run DMC and the Fresh Prince came on the scene with clean lyrics just trying to bring young black and white men together under the common banner of music. Now days, the rap scene has changed dramatically. Though the days of hardcore gangsta rap are for the most part behind us the subject matter of the songs is increasingly vile. There are only so many ways you can sing about sex, money, drugs, and violence before you just run out of material.

But today's youth keep buying up the smut rap so it keeps getting produced. If hip hop could just go back to its roots and stop providing our children with such a negative bunch of role models, we would see a change in the attitude of our kids. Hearing such hateful songs from people they respect as artists only reinforces the youth's general negative attitude towards everything and everyone. The entertainment industry has no conscience, shamelessly producing music that teaches our kids to idolize drug dealers and thugs.

I hate to be that guy but that has to have some effect on our children's state of mind. You know for years I have heard people put down heavy metal, saying it warps kids minds and turns them into insane criminals. Well where is that sentiment when it comes to rap. I'm sorry but I have listened to a lot of metal, and if you really read the lyrics(because a lot of the time you can't understand them) you will see the majority of these guys are singing songs about freedom. Of course there are the "death metal" bands out there who also promote extreme violence and hate, but they are the few and not the many. The same can also be said about hip hop and rap today. They are not all bad, but sadly the majority of hip hop and rap artists stick to what sells.

And what sells is sex, drugs, and violence. So I say that while I love my freedom of speech, songs such as this that seem to directly threaten an individual should be strongly fought against. Because freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, as long as you're exercising it does not affect someone else's freedoms. Such as their freedom to live and exist. Not saying these guys are going to go out and kill Bill O'Reilly, but who knows who they may influence through their music.

Its time to start looking at this kind of rap in a different light folks. If Marilyn Manson can be blamed for Columbine, then you have to look at the possibility of blaming violent rap music for the endless murders of American youth everyday on the streets of our towns and cities.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 01-02-2009 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 08-24-2008, 06:12 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post

New Rap Song Advocates Killing Bill O'Reilly and Michelle Malkin | NewsBusters.org

Although the hatred for conservative media members by leftists in this nation knows no bounds, a new "song" by the rap group East Coast Avengers represents a new low in vitriolic musical expression.
Entitled "Kill Bill O'Reilly," the piece actually advocates the murder of "The Factor" host, as well as a similar fate for Michelle Malkin.

Couple of babies having at each other.

O'Reilly incidentally makes empty threats about "Fox security" coming to prank callers' houses. Doesn't that idiot realize that prank callers of the 21st century have a myriad of tricks to get around caller ID without having to block the #?

Old 08-24-2008, 06:18 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
East Coast Avengers Call For Bill O'Reilly's Head | Listening Post from Wired.com

Song here.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:19 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
O'Reilly incidentally makes empty threats about "Fox security" coming to prank callers' houses.
Does he really? When?

Quote:
Doesn't that idiot realize that prank callers of the 21st century have a myriad of tricks to get around caller ID without having to block the #?
Don't you realize that there's a lot more to phone company record keeping than caller ID?

Old 08-24-2008, 06:29 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Does he really? When?
Kindest apologies for the ultra liberal website, but the original audio is hard to find since they seem to "disappear" from youtube quite often.

Media Matters - O'Reilly threatened radio show caller with "a little visit" from "Fox security" for mentioning Olbermann's name on the air (http://mediamatters.org/items/200603030010 - broken link)

Click the clips on the upper right corner. The big dummy thinks he's actually going to bust someone for making a prank call.

Quote:
Don't you realize that there's a lot more to phone company record keeping than caller ID?
I didn't know tracing a calling card proxy # to a payphone was going to get you busted for prank calling?

Heck, you could make a fake terrorist call to your favorite federal government building call center and not get busted that way.

Also, I have research colleagues doing NSA work (data mining/spook work) and I happen to "hear things".

Old 08-24-2008, 06:43 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
It was a joke, a quipp, a gag. I saw it and heard it.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:02 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post

What BillO and Malkin can't take it? Well they sure can dish it out. Ever hear of Karma?

Maybe I'm slow but what does R & R have to do with it?

Old 08-24-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Kindest apologies for the ultra liberal website, but the original audio is hard to find since they seem to "disappear" from youtube quite often.

Media Matters - O'Reilly threatened radio show caller with "a little visit" from "Fox security" for mentioning Olbermann's name on the air (http://mediamatters.org/items/200603030010 - broken link)

Click the clips on the upper right corner. The big dummy thinks he's actually going to bust someone for making a prank call.
I saw that as a bad joke, nothing more. Anyone believing he was serious, particularly taking into account the nature of the 'vulgarity', needs a reality check. It's ok to dislike O'Reilly, but at least be honest with your criticisms.

Quote:
I didn't know tracing a calling card proxy # to a payphone was going to get you busted for prank calling?
You were suggesting that caller-ID was all that was involved. No mention of 3rd parties or proxies.

BTW, last I heard, the legality of those proxies was in question. Do you know if anything was done about them?

Quote:
Also, I have research colleagues doing NSA work (data mining/spook work) and I happen to "hear things".
I seriously doubt that your colleagues are leaking anything to you. The people who get those clearances take that responsibility very seriously. If they are leaking anything to you, then they're committing a felony by doing it, and you really shouldn't be bragging about it.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
What BillO and Malkin can't take it? Well they sure can dish it out.
When have either of them ever called for someone's death based on their politics? You're letting your dislike for them get in the way of your ability to have an honest debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies