Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:49 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,775,309 times

Advertisements

Forgive me if this has been posted before.
Are Conservatives the Silent Majority?
Seems like Liberals are more Activist,More Vocal,Get into Media-Related..
Fields.Are Conservatives too busy with day to day life to make their voice Heard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,982,185 times
I think moderates or centrists are the silent majority. I think the overwhelming majority of people fall into the "centrist" category, but the far left and the far right are the most vocal. Its about time the democratic party was rescued from the liberals, and the republican party was taken back from the neocons.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,658,073 times
I think they are more afraid of being automatically labeled racist, xenophobic, mysogynist, homophobic, and a lot of other very PC terms designed to shame people from their personally held beliefs.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:56 AM

22,956 posts, read 28,362,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
I think moderates or centrists are the silent majority. I think the overwhelming majority of people fall into the "centrist" category, but the far left and the far right are the most vocal. Its about time the democratic party was rescued from the liberals, and the republican party was taken back from the neocons.
Yup. Well, stated.

Extremists are always the most vocal, be it the far left or the far right. Most folks are somewhere in the middle.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:58 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,654,613 times
I think people in general don't care that much about politics. It mainly comes to their attention through large trends that intrude into daily life, like spiking gas prices.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:36 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,088,079 times
I consider it the vast majority of people who care so little for the country that they do not bother to vote at all. Not the ones who made a decision not to vote for a specific race, but those who opt out altogether.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:39 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,982,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I consider it the vast majority of people who care so little for the country that they do not bother to vote at all. Not the ones who made a decision not to vote for a specific race, but those who opt out altogether.

Not true in all cases. there are many people who are just disgusted with the corrupt slop that we are given from the 2-party system. The people who really do not care for this country are the ones who vote for the jokers from the D and R parties and base their opinions off of sound bites on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News.

Its time for people to say enough is enough and thumb their noses at both parties. I wish there was a way to motivate EVERYONE to stay home on election day this year. That would finally force some change.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:46 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,088,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
Not true in all cases. there are many people who are just disgusted with the corrupt slop that we are given from the 2-party system. The people who really do not care for this country are the ones who vote for the jokers from the D and R parties and base their opinions off of sound bites on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News.

Its time for people to say enough is enough and thumb their noses at both parties. I wish there was a way to motivate EVERYONE to stay home on election day this year. That would finally force some change.
I think I qualified my statement by saying unless someone made a decision to not vote about a specific race. Nothing is stopping you from voting for any person you want. And there is no reason that anyone has to get their news from some esoteric news source, they can just become active in their communities and that is the best way to stop being silent and learning about the real issues that affect Americans.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,808,486 times
Wouldn't it be nice if we could include the ballot option:
"no one here is qualified"

if majority voted that way, make them go back to the drawing board. hahahahaaaa

Old 06-19-2008, 01:04 PM

509 posts, read 692,855 times
I agree, moderates are the silent majority, they no longer the Reagan conservatives.

Although I think election may bring out the silent majority much the same way Reagan brought out his version of the silent majority.

This because they are not happy with the present administration. I think the polls average approval rating is 28% or 29% for Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies