Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2024, 09:22 AM

34,101 posts, read 13,140,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I think CNN gave Joe Biden a few “assists” (camera panning away when he looked particularly awful, moderator not following up) but it wasn’t enough to conceal his mental decline.
Exactly.

I kept thinking throughout that the CNN camera people were 'riding the crest of a wave'....helping him out as you mention and riding the edge of 'in-the-tank', just barely keeping from going over.

Old 06-28-2024, 09:22 AM

10,072 posts, read 8,030,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If the Trump team knew Biden was this bad they should have NEVER agreed to this debate. In fact they should have delayed as long as possible.

Because now the Democrats have time to bring in another candidate. Big screw up.
No, that doesn't matter. The powers behind the scenes have this all planned out.

Old 06-28-2024, 09:23 AM

3,666 posts, read 1,844,659 times
Seems like Old Joe had the questions and written answers beforehand because he was looking down at his papers the entire time, reading. Trump was just answering off the top of his head.

Old 06-28-2024, 09:26 AM

30,068 posts, read 15,156,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
It is because MSM and Dems know it does not matter. They are counting on a repeat of the 2020 result. MORE PEOPLE VOTE AGAINST TRUMP THAN PEOPLE VOTE FOR TRUMP. Do you watch CNN's "after debate panel"? Almost every single dialogue started with "orange man bad." When they discussed Biden, they usually did it like "a grandpa talk about their gangster grandson"
Yep, SMH....a quote from one of the Terminator movies "We’re not gonna make it, are we? People I mean." Lol

Old 06-28-2024, 09:26 AM

2,186 posts, read 781,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If the Trump team knew Biden was this bad they should have NEVER agreed to this debate. In fact they should have delayed as long as possible.

Because now the Democrats have time to bring in another candidate. Big screw up.
my fd, you forget the current POTUS is DEMS. If they bring in another candidate, what does it mean to the sitting POTUS He is not fit to run for the election, but he is fine to be POTUS

Old 06-28-2024, 09:31 AM

30,561 posts, read 19,086,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Seems like Old Joe had the questions and written answers beforehand because he was looking down at his papers the entire time, reading. Trump was just answering off the top of his head.
Exactly-

So even with two weeks prep, an ear piece telling him what to say, and rehearsed answers to the pre-provided questions, HE BLEW IT.

SO if Biden is that incompetent, he obviously can't do ANYTHING.

I was particularly shocked at how "un presidential" Biden was. He resorted to petty name calling and relied almost exclusively on personal attacks using debunked hoaxes to attack Trump. Had Joe not been stammering and confused, his whole presentation was very uncomfortable to hear, as it revealed a very petty, small man.

All the dems had was name calling, personal attacks, and presentation of outlandish debunked hoaxes. They had NOTHING in the form of policy measures or any accomplishments to discuss. The dems HAVE NOTHING, because they have DONE NOTHING positive for the nation.

This was the ineptitude of the entire democrat party on display and how all they have to offer the nation is petty personal attacks on opponents- ZERO LEADERSHIP.

Old 06-28-2024, 09:32 AM

4,714 posts, read 3,505,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And still no one will stand up and say "The emperor has no clothes on"
Try to find the post commentary from CNN after the debate, especially Van Jones, his commentary was passionate, from the heart, and devastating to the DNC.

Old 06-28-2024, 09:35 AM

25,355 posts, read 13,559,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Biden right out of the gate was just sad. I mean sad. His body language throughout the whole thing was sad. He did a few of his usual muttering without making some sense. I'd give him 5 out of 10.

Trump, he was amazingly restrained. He did give Biden a Brandon zinger, he also made one comment about him not knowing what he said. He was relaxed, didn't take any bait from Biden. He was really just off the cuff and appeared to know his talking points pretty well. Trump didn't answer the question a couple directly a couple of times and had to be pressed by the mods to do so. That was probably the only thing he didn't do right. I'd say 7 or 8 out of 10

CNN was pretty even handed I'll give them that.

Whether you like each guy or not, there is not really any way you could say that Biden got the better of Trump. Biden just came off as old and really shouldn't be running for President. I actually felt sorry for him last night. When Trump was speaking and watching Biden in the split screen shots, it was just pitiful many times. I actually was glad when Biden made a smirk or whatever a couple of times when Trump was speaking, it at least made him look like he had some basic sense of being with it. He was deer in the headlights far too much throughout the debate.
One thing that I'd noticed, it appeared that the moderators had asked Trump a good number of pointed questions that were aimed at things Trump had done or said that really had nothing to do with running the country, like J6, election denial, Trump trials, etc. Meanwhile they didn't do the same with Biden*, they didn't ask him about the Hur report, the laptop, the House investigations, his bungled pull out from Afghanistan, etc.

Imo, that was anything but even handed.

Old 06-28-2024, 09:45 AM

25,910 posts, read 20,917,932 times
So, who won?
Israel, Saudi Arabia, China, Russia…?

The people throwing hundreds of millions of dollars at these two vegetables must be wholly convinced that they’ll have no issues getting their own way.
Who’s to stop them?

Old 06-28-2024, 09:48 AM

38,860 posts, read 22,747,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
The first presidential debate will take place Thursday, June 27 at 9 p.m. ET

{snip}
Hmmm.... I'm having trouble finding the video of the actual debate. I even tried searching on YouTube for the official CNN debate.

I can find are 'deepfakes,' which are these insidiously manipulated videos by the MAGA Republicans, which falsely depict Joe Biden experiencing a cognitive decline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies