Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 05:50 PM

221 posts, read 67,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Even further, I tried to join the military days before Obama was sworn into office. Bush was still technically in office. I was lost and on the verge of becoming a college dropout (thankfully, I graduated from college). I figured the military might straighten me out, or at least given me a job. I got turned away. Having previous back surgery meant they wouldn't take me.

This is my theory. The U.S. military started going through shortages during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. It got to where the military would take any persons who were considered physically healthy enough to fight. This meant taken anyone, including gang members. In fact, in one of my posts, there is a YouTube video about gangs in the military. The vast majority of people in the military serve with honor, and are not criminals. However, I think the military is taking some people they otherwise would not take because they need bodies. The recruiters also need their numbers to go up.
That's right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2024, 07:27 PM

73,184 posts, read 62,875,880 times
I wonder how many persons might be as angry and unstable as that would-be mass shooter.

Old Yesterday, 04:43 AM

221 posts, read 67,811 times
Quote:
I wonder how many persons might be as angry and unstable as that would-be mass shooter.

Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM

38,651 posts, read 26,455,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I don't know why any White American born male, or female, would ever join the armed forces at this point.

I have several retired military family members and they agree, they would never enlist today under the current "leadership", or really total lack of credible leadership.

They have painted a target on the backs of Whites with falsities and spin. Then wonder why they're not enlisting. Ignorant, irresponsible, and shameful.

My father was a marine and I was a marine.

My advice today to my white nephews is no ****ing way!

Old Today, 12:16 PM

39,343 posts, read 27,744,099 times
Quote:
This is my theory. The U.S. military started going through shortages during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. It got to where the military would take any persons who were considered physically healthy enough to fight. This meant taken anyone, including gang members. In fact, in one of my posts, there is a YouTube video about gangs in the military. The vast majority of people in the military serve with honor, and are not criminals. However, I think the military is taking some people they otherwise would not take because they need bodies. The recruiters also need their numbers to go up.
In my opinion, the military simply does not need this many people.

I actually think at this point, when the US is spending nearly $1 trillion annually on "national security", you have to ask yourself, what the hell for?

If I am in charge, I'd cut the military to 2/3, and increase their pay. I certainly won't beg the internet fatties and mentally ill people to join.

I am willing to bet that we can cut the military budget significantly without endangering ourselves.

Old Today, 12:56 PM

50,536 posts, read 47,325,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I don't know why any White American born male, or female, would ever join the armed forces at this point.

I have several retired military family members and they agree, they would never enlist today under the current "leadership", or really total lack of credible leadership.

They have painted a target on the backs of Whites with falsities and spin. Then wonder why they're not enlisting. Ignorant, irresponsible, and shameful.
They aren't that's why they have considered allowing illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies