Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2023, 04:10 PM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 14 hours ago)

1,304 posts, read 651,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
They have been clamoring for one-party rule for 50 years. Working tirelessly day in and day out to undermine our representative democracy.

What it comes down to is that they are dumb enough to think that when their beloved despot finally gets placed into power that the boot will never come down on them or affect their lives. After all they are fawning loyalists who have declared fealty to their King.

As history has shown us so many times, the pawns that are used to bring an authoritarian to power are among the first to be dumped in the ditch. They will learn that lesson far too late to undo their mistake. And we will all pay the price in the end.
Ouch! You must admit however that life under King Trump was pretty good..

Old 12-17-2023, 04:24 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
Ouch! You must admit however that life under King Trump was pretty good..
You mean, like no war in Ukraine, no Hamas killing innocent Israel citizens. Under 2% inflation 2017-2019 with gas incredibly cheap.

Old 12-17-2023, 05:04 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
They have been clamoring for one-party rule for 50 years. Working tirelessly day in and day out to undermine our representative democracy.

What it comes down to is that they are dumb enough to think that when their beloved despot finally gets placed into power that the boot will never come down on them or affect their lives. After all they are fawning loyalists who have declared fealty to their King.

As history has shown us so many times, the pawns that are used to bring an authoritarian to power are among the first to be dumped in the ditch. They will learn that lesson far too late to undo their mistake. And we will all pay the price in the end.
Exactly. And Trump is supported by a relatively unknown group that is smarter than him and has a much longer term outlook. Some are Christo-Fascists like Dunn and the Wilks Brothers, others are long time so called conservatives that want to eliminate the regulatory state and destroy the environment while they make billions.

Old 12-17-2023, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
You mean, like no war in Ukraine, no Hamas killing innocent Israel citizens. Under 2% inflation 2017-2019 with gas incredibly cheap.
You have no way of knowing whether the war in Ukraine would have been forestalled by a second Trump term and no way of knowing just what Hamas would do. Trump is weak on foreign policy, lacking any knowledge of the topic and not actually caring what happens elsewhere unless he can make money out of it.

Old 12-17-2023, 06:37 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I've never insisted an election was stolen.
Plus its impossible to imagine something so far-fetched as a Biden victory, now that America knows who they elected....
The opponent might not be Biden.

They might replace him at the convention.

He might have a health issue that ends up with him not being the nominee.

Etc.

Old 12-17-2023, 06:38 PM

2,850 posts, read 4,522,770 times
trump may not be the nominee either

Old 12-17-2023, 06:53 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,966,443 times
Anyone that thinks the average American wasn’t much better off under Trump’s admin is a liar and/or a delusional imbecile.

The contrast is incredible and obvious. I believe TDS and witch-hunts contribute to Trump’s success. The next election might be a landslide which would likely result in another evening of leftwits screaming and crying and a repeat of the most entertaining election win ever.

TDS 2024!

Old 12-17-2023, 07:20 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Now Trump is asking Putin and Kim to support him in his political persecution. Just what is he asking of them. No telling what they might do. This guy is just a traitor in my book.

Old 12-17-2023, 07:48 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,187,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggamomma5 View Post
I am not to up on politics however I feel that our gov. Is scared of Trump because he has his own money and he does not listen to them he does what he wants and he gets results I say let him run!
They do appear to be scared of him but I don't buy it. I think they want him to believe he is at the top by having people say in polls that they want him. Then they will turn around and not vote for him. The supposed polls said Hillary would win and she didn't all the while they said Trump would lose well we know how that turned out.

Then they said oh Trump he will win again the polls show it and what happened. See where I am going here.
Trump is fearful he won't win and I doubt any of the Democratic leaders fear his winning but for sh-ts and giggles and just plain fun they go after him legally just in case. I don't for one second believe Biden is the one and only Democrat who can beat Trump but at this point it seems he is all they have they can control.

I doubt he has any real money of his own and even if he did so what big whoop.

Old 12-17-2023, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Anyone that thinks the average American wasn’t much better off under Trump’s admin is a liar and/or a delusional imbecile.

The contrast is incredible and obvious. I believe TDS and witch-hunts contribute to Trump’s success. The next election might be a landslide which would likely result in another evening of leftwits screaming and crying and a repeat of the most entertaining election win ever.

TDS 2024!
I am better off than under Trump. I make more money, and am not having to think about whatever ridiculous, ill thought out proposal Trump is going to come up with next, whether it be insulting long term allies, breaking the law while trying to achieve his bizarre policy goals, or some other act based on his gut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies