Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2023, 01:36 PM

13,029 posts, read 9,562,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
because under the xoe regime, having trannies in the military appears to be the military's most important function.

US army exempts trans personnel from physical fitness standards

https://www.sott.net/image/s34/68248...my_730x202.jpg
Was this one of Biden's "Executive Orders"? If so, it's my understanding that Executive Orders go out the window once another president is sworn in.

In my opinion, the power of the president to issue executive order should be very, very limited, and his power to pardon criminals should be removed.

Old 07-07-2023, 01:48 PM

38,014 posts, read 22,198,300 times
Quote:
because under the xoe regime, having trannies in the military appears to be the military's most important function.

Apparently if you are in the military and you fail the annual physical fitness testing, or weigh over the maximum amount and all of this will be forgiven if you just claim to be trans?

Remember, you don't have to actually do anything different, or make any changes in your life in order to demand everyone treat you as a trans person.

Old 07-07-2023, 02:09 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,619,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Was this one of Biden's "Executive Orders"? If so, it's my understanding that Executive Orders go out the window once another president is sworn in.

In my opinion, the power of the president to issue executive order should be very, very limited, and his power to pardon criminals should be removed.
my guess is that it came from some pencil-pushing lifetime bureaucrat, but i can't find much regarding where it came from.

"The Air Force updated its requirements Thursday to permit transgender airmen to skip the annual physical fitness test while they undergo gender-confirmation surgery.

The policy itself is actually not new, Bree Fram, president of Servicemembers, Partners and Allies for Respect and Tolerance for All, told Stars and Stripes by email Tuesday. But the update puts the information in a more commonly referenced document. The policy on transgender service members appeared in an Air Force policy memo published in April 2021.
"
https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/...y-5804461.html

of course, the 'transition' process will be paid for with your tax dollars.

Old 07-07-2023, 03:25 PM

19,870 posts, read 18,152,644 times
Quote:

The leaders of every adversarial military in the world are laughing at our stupidity.

Old 07-07-2023, 03:32 PM

5,992 posts, read 2,247,824 times
I expect some standards to change, Americans as a whole are fatter so something has to give. The US is not going to change how food delivery works, get away from that horrible food pyramid, or change policies to give subsidies to vegetable growers instead of soy and corn growers.

So we change the standards for entry, it's such an American solution right. I guarantee any changes made to weight requirements in relation to one subsegment of the population will find their way to all since the US population as a whole are fat as ever.

Old 07-07-2023, 03:47 PM

6,701 posts, read 3,002,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I expect some standards to change, Americans as a whole are fatter so something has to give. The US is not going to change how food delivery works, get away from that horrible food pyramid, or change policies to give subsidies to vegetable growers instead of soy and corn growers.

So we change the standards for entry, it's such an American solution right. I guarantee any changes made to weight requirements in relation to one subsegment of the population will find their way to all since the US population as a whole are fat as ever.
Well once you are IN the military, there are tried and true ways of losing the weight. It seems absurd to say it, but well,....we exercise. We eat three squares a day. We train. PT tests,..battle simulations,..turn wrenches.

Stay away from PX pizza and Burger King and you'll get in shape.

To say these 'special' people are exempt is ridiculous. You are in the freak'in military. blank your feelings. square yourself away. You could be in a real combat field at any moment. People's lives are on the line and don't have time to make sure you have the means to 'tuck' properly. Don't even enlist if you worried about breaking a nail. jeez.

Last edited by naicha; 07-07-2023 at 04:08 PM..

Old 07-07-2023, 03:54 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times
Around 19% of service members are obese and unfit to deploy, only 1 in 3 volunteers would be accepted into the military since they are overweight or incapable of physical activity

But, sure let's worry about a few people in transition getting a temporary exemption. All you have to do is mention transgender and it's news worthy, I'm guessing this applies to around 10 soldiers nationwide.

https://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity...062322-508.pdf

Old 07-07-2023, 03:57 PM

4,209 posts, read 2,527,057 times
Don't want fat transexuals? Then get fit kids to enlist.

Old 07-07-2023, 04:01 PM

46,326 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Well once you are IN the military, there are tried and true ways of losing the weight. It seems absurd to say it, but well,....we exercise. We eat three squares a day. We train. PT tests,..battle simulations,..turn wrenches.

Stay away from PX pizza and Burger King and you'll get in shape.

So say these 'special' people are exempt is ridiculous. You are in the freak'in military. *********r feelings. square yourself away. You cold be in a real combat field at any moment. People's lives are on the line and don't have time to make sure you have the means to 'tuck' properly. Don't even enlist if you worried about breaking a nail. jeez.

The bold is the only thing I disagree with you. In basic, AIT, and (when I got to my first unit) living in the barracks I had no choice, but to eat at the chow hall (3 squares). Now a days, it's a free for all, and I still here this from current friends in the Army. I retired in 2009. 21 years.

Old 07-07-2023, 04:11 PM

25,982 posts, read 22,176,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Indefinite exemption...wow. Imagine never having to partake in PT the whole time you're in the military ?
God help them if they ever have to get deployed for war.

All because they are fat transgenders.
Nope! Due to the medications that they must take for the rest of their lives, they will be given an exemption from being deployed for war. It used to be if you had a mental or physical disability, you could not enter the military. My cousins wanted to join, the female didn't have good enough eyesight, and the male had flat feet. Another cousin had a broken nose when a kid, so that stopped him from entering. All 3 were aware of which sex they were, and had all of their original parts.

I remember when I was in the AF, there was another female in the barracks, and she worked really hard trying to lose weight, but she couldn't. She was discharged. She, too, knew what sex she was, was mentally stable, and had all of her original parts, and was not that much overweight. She was a sturdy built female. We also had several lesbians that were serving fairly openly, of course, in that day no signs of affection were allowed in uniform, and they were not "in your face" with it, so it was live and let live.

I have a son who is stationed with his family in Korea. He is a Colonel over 20 yrs., and I will never, ever understand how he can stand this new military. A neighbor just left after 11 years saying he just couldn't take what has happened to the military anymore.

Nope, they'll get waiver after waiver, so this weight waiver is just the beginning. What a shame.

Many will go for the surgery, and probably get an "unsuitability" discharge by their behavior, when they are ready to get out.

https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/D...di/130028p.pdf

"IN-SERVICE TRANSITION FOR TRANSGENDER SERVICE MEMBERS"

"Transgender soldiers can openly serve in the Army and the force will provide hormone theropy, mental health care and surgeries they might require, according to a force-wide memo issued out last week."

It is easy enough to get out of the military if you don't care what kind of discharge you get, and then they get out, they go back on SSI disability due to their depression, etc., all of those things associated with their mental state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.