Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2023, 06:22 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,235,634 times

Advertisements

Mike Pence has his John McCain moment when he tells a voter she was wrong about VP job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTa4QhW5UnI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2023, 06:28 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,676 posts, read 18,045,481 times
That was absolutely masterful. Good job, Pence.

Explained the election process with regards to the VP role incredibly clearly, and reminded the crowd they need to look forward, not backward, or they'll lose again.

Old 07-07-2023, 06:29 AM

13,527 posts, read 4,329,873 times
Wrong name to bring to the GOP voters. They still remember how John sold them out in the Obamacare vote. Pence pointing at an elderly lady while lecturing her is not a good look.

Old 07-07-2023, 06:36 AM

13,527 posts, read 4,329,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Explained the election process with regards to the VP role incredibly clearly, and reminded the crowd they need to look forward, not backward, or they'll lose again.
You mean ignore what happened in 2020 with massive fraud and irregularities and pretend things will go back to normal? yeah, dumb idea. No wonder Pence is stuck @ 4% in the party.

Reminds me of Barr. He basically accused in public the Obama administration of spying on the Trump campaign and the FBI lying under oath to keep getting warrants but did nothing about it as the head of the DOJ and says We need to move on and elect a new Republican.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:27 AM

4,897 posts, read 3,319,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Wrong name to bring to the GOP voters. They still remember how John sold them out in the Obamacare vote. Pence pointing at an elderly lady while lecturing her is not a good look.

I expect that elderly lady would be pointing if she was 'lecturing', too.

We need to quit worrying about 'optics'.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:34 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,676 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
I expect that elderly lady would be pointing if she was 'lecturing', too.

We need to quit worrying about 'optics'.
I agree, it's silly to put so much emphasis on optics. He was being extremely respectful to her.

On the other hand, what was that woman in the foreground in the beginning of the video trying to pull out of her mouth?

Old 07-07-2023, 07:46 AM

6,833 posts, read 9,389,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That was absolutely masterful. Good job, Pence.

So, is Mike Pence the candidate you would like to see become the nominee? Or are you still planning to vote for Joe Biden?

Old 07-07-2023, 07:47 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,756,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
It's the best look Pence has had in his political career.

Simply enough, it's time (well past time actually) to stop enabling the stupid. It's perfectly acceptable and expected that not everyone is a political scholar or even informed. But when the uninformed start acting like authorities on a subject just because a twice impeached, twice indicted game show host and his cowed cable cronies tell them on a loop that the sky is green and water is dry.....that's no longer acceptable. They go from uninformed to just stupid. And sometimes stupid people just need to be told they're stupid.

THAT'S where wokeism is actually the GOP extremes best friend. They can actually think they're respected because smarter people tan they are won't dissuade them with reality.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:48 AM

21,181 posts, read 19,792,767 times
He's done.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:48 AM

1,838 posts, read 680,791 times
I watched it a second time focused on his hand/finger movement. It changes as he speaks and his voice is not of one lecturing or in being argumentative, or hostile. She also has hand and finger movement while she is expressing her statement.

The optics issue is that his audience has very little enthusiasm of his presence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies