Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2023, 12:09 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,006,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That's almost as dumb as the guy who suggested we nuke hurricanes.

There was a guy who suggested we nuke hurricanes? What - seriously???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2023, 12:18 PM

178 posts, read 136,616 times
Trump, haha
I am curious how it would turn out
How is blocking the sun going to help out with wind and solar?

Old 07-04-2023, 12:19 PM

14,004 posts, read 5,652,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
There was a guy who suggested we nuke hurricanes? What - seriously???
It was reported that Trump mused upon the idea, like in casual conversation that became ZOMGROFL super huge news!! But...

America's Decades-Old Obsession With Nuking Hurricanes (and More)

Old 07-04-2023, 12:23 PM

29,855 posts, read 24,968,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That's almost as dumb as the guy who suggested we nuke hurricanes.

Is that the same guy that literally told everyone to drink bleach by the gallon to defeat COVID?

Old 07-04-2023, 01:04 PM

5,960 posts, read 2,780,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Coven View Post
Just move the entire world population to Seattle and London.

But not now - I hear that it is sunny and pleasant in Seattle.
Probably not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket. No?

Seattle will be totally annihilated at some point in the future due to Pac NW plate tectonics/subduction zone and volcanic activity.

It might be next year, might be 500 years or 5,000 years from now, but it will happen one day.

Old 07-04-2023, 01:09 PM

5,960 posts, read 2,780,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
This is the most lame-brained, idiotic scheme I've ever heard of. Humans are going to attempt to control the planet's weather in the name of fixing a "climate crisis" that doesn't even exist. Closest thing that comes to mind is Jurrasic Park when they had the great idea of bring the dinosaurs back to life but 'controlling' them by using electric fences and not allowing them to reproduce. As we know, by the end of the movie everyone was running for their lives.

Leave Nature Alone!

This is nothing more than a gigantic power grab by the elites and attempted depopulation.
Or it reminds me of when scientists thought it would be a good idea to tinker with deadly bat coronaviruses to make them more infectious with human cells. They skirted a ban put in place by US law and decided to do it overseas in a CCP lab that had very questionable preventative measures in place.

What could possibly go wrong?!?

Old 07-04-2023, 01:10 PM

1,397 posts, read 679,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Seattle will be totally annihilated at some point in the future due to Pac NW plate tectonics/subduction zone and volcanic activity.

It might be next year, might be 500 years or 5,000 years from now, but it will happen one day.
It will look like the Puget Sound scene in On the Beach.

Old 07-04-2023, 01:31 PM

17,835 posts, read 13,750,003 times
In case still have any of those spray cans of Right Guard laying around...

https://climate-intervention-research-letter.org/

Quote:
In contrast to greenhouse gases, another category of emissions from human activities, particulate (aerosol) emissions, can act to cool climate. Aerosols cool climate by scattering sunlight and, when they mix into clouds can increase cloud reflectivity and lifetime. Through these mechanisms, aerosols from human activities are currently estimated to be offsetting about a third of greenhouse gas climate warming. This aerosol effect is also the most uncertain human driver of climate change, adding considerable uncertainty to the amount of climate warming attributable to greenhouse

Old 07-04-2023, 01:55 PM

19,229 posts, read 16,748,952 times
Heading out to buy a sunbrealla right now. Who'd have thought the leader of the free world would imagine such a crazy notion? This guy is getting scarier by the day. And so are the people behind him, pulling his strings.

Old 07-04-2023, 02:48 PM

19,438 posts, read 15,284,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Coven View Post
It will look like the Puget Sound scene in On the Beach.
I read the book once when I was pretty young. It keeps popping up in my mind a lot lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies