Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2023, 10:05 AM

6,012 posts, read 2,836,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I have a background in Geographic Information Systems and Demography. Republicans and there obsession with remaking the Supreme Court into one that is far more conservative will not lead to greater Republican voting patterns.
What do you think the Democrats want to do with the Supreme Court, stack it with unicorns and rainbows? Republicans want to appoint Originalist justices and Democrats want to appoint justices that will interpret the Constitution in a way that validates what they want it to, regardless of the Founder's intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater
As someone that doesn't delve into partisan fights, but understands demographics, Republicans have little clue how to plan for the future of Congress as they banked all of there gains on the Supreme Court.
All minority groups shifted towards the Republican Party during last Fall's Midterm elections, which occurred after overturning Roe V. Wade.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:06 AM

5,151 posts, read 3,080,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You mean for white straight male Americans. Everyone else not so much.
Pitch an oh-so-affected tantrum, we love the free entertainment.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:08 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,802,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Its not like this guy has some sort of monopoly on the service. Plenty of willing providers.

Should Jewish bakers have to do cakes for an American Nazi party event?
Should a Muslim bbq place have to have pork?
I hope the State forces homophobic bigots to post signs saying whom they will not serve. That way those of us who find their views repugnant can take our business elsewhere.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:25 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,277,582 times
Quote:
And a lot of us over 40 as well. I’m a registered Independent, but no Republican will ever get another vote from me until they stop eroding rights.
There is no right to an abortion in the Constitution, the President doesn't have the right forgive student loan debt, and compelling someone to use your preferred pronouns is unconstitutional.

Sounds to me like the adults are finally in charge.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:25 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Those will just ensure Democrats more victories in the years to come. Democrats are going to dominate the social issues until the Supreme Court is fixed
It just got fixed. Thank you President Trump. 50 or so more years of this too

Old 06-30-2023, 10:51 AM

1,397 posts, read 676,029 times
Quote:
You mean for white straight male Americans. Everyone else not so much.
Relax.

If you are a baker (Jewish or otherwise), you don't have to put a swastika on a cake for a Nazi wedding.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Democrat's confidence in the Supreme Court dropped after they correctly overturned Roe V. Wade. Even Justice Ginsburg didn't agree with Roe V. Wade.

But, the fact that Democrat's support of the Supreme Court is dependent on whether or not they agree with its rulings, regardless of whether what Democrats support is constitutional, or not, goes to show how much Democrats are a threat to our democracy. Undermining confidence in our institutions because what you support is not constitutional is a threat to our democracy and an all-out assault on our country.

Think about it, Democrats are upset that they cannot be racist against Asians in college admissions... Some Democrats are even suggesting that black people will no longer be accepted in Ivy League schools. Think about how racist that entire situation is. "We need to discriminate against Asians, and prop up dumb black people, who cannot advance on their own, without the help of us lily-white liberals, so that our narcissistic selves can feel like we're doing something." - Democrats

It's absolutely infuriating!
Dissent is not undermine democracy, but the very behavior our democracy is supposed to protect. As long as that dissent is in the form of words or peaceful protest then it is protected speech. Storming the Capital with weapons because you’re pissed that Orange Man lost a duly certified election is treason not peaceful dissent. But keep harping on people speaking out against SCOTUS. It’s always good for a laugh.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Maybe one will be murdered thanks to incitement and rhetoric coming from Democrats, as almost happened to Kavanaugh.
Or Scalia.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Coven View Post
Relax.

If you are a baker (Jewish or otherwise), you don't have to put a swastika on a cake for a Nazi wedding.
But I thought neo Nazis in America were a myth. At least that’s what the Republicans claim. So moot point.

Gay/trans people do exist and they should be able to order a cake from any bakery selling cakes to the public. I really do hope CO makes the homophobes post signs that they will not make cakes for gay/trans folks. If you’re going be a homophobe at least save everyone time by putting on your website, and store window. That way you won’t be bothered by those pesky gays and those of us who are opposed to your views can avoid your store.

Old 06-30-2023, 11:01 AM

Quote:
And a lot of us over 40 as well. I’m a registered Independent, but no Republican will ever get another vote from me until they stop eroding rights.
The First Amendment enshrines several rights, including freedom of speech, which SCOTUS upheld.

It sounds like your argument is "speech for me, not for thee".

Last edited by Winter Coven; 06-30-2023 at 11:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies