Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2023, 11:19 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else even remotely impressed by d’s tough talk? The man refuses to say anything remotely bad about Trump even though there is plenty of material there to work with. Twice-impeached, failed coup plotter, indicted on 32 felons with more charges expected soon, about to be found guilty of rape - seriously, the negative ads write themselves. Yet d says nothing as Trump accuses him of grooming teenagers. What is d’s strategy here? He thinks he can be the man without having to beat the man? That doesn’t work. I know a lot of you are huge fans of the orange dumpster fire, but don’t even you guys think the Republican primary should have at least one contender who isn’t afraid to make the anti-Trump case? If you’re not going to articulate why Trump shouldn’t be the nominee why bother running? I seriously don’t get this. Can someone who better understands MAGA world explain to me what d’s angle is here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 11:24 AM

15,822 posts, read 6,530,298 times
As a politically expedient move, my understanding is that DeSantis is simply ignoring DJT. Which, of course, drives the overt narcisist completely bonkers.

Old 05-08-2023, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
As a politically expedient move, my understanding is that DeSantis is simply ignoring DJT. Which, of course, drives the overt narcisist completely bonkers.
Which is my Trump’s poll numbers have surged above his? If this is d’s plan, he clearly needs a new one. This one isn’t working. It works about as well as mom’s advice to ignore the bully and he’ll go away. No, actually, you have to punch the bully in the face. Then he stops.

Old 05-08-2023, 11:32 AM

29,820 posts, read 24,885,583 times
Who says DeSantis is running? If he is not running, why would he want to tarnish the image of the potential republican candidate, which would only help Biden/the dems?

Other than that, why should Trump or "D" care what partisan democrats think? They were never going to vote for or support either one of those candidates anyhow.

Old 05-08-2023, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Who says DeSantis is running? If he is not running, why would he want to tarnish the image of the potential republican candidate, which would only help Biden/the dems?

Other than that, why should Trump or "D" care what partisan democrats think? They were never going to vote for or support either one of those candidates anyhow.
I 100 percent would not support either of them. So yeah, it would be a total waste of time for either to try to get my vote. Agreed. I also see your logic that d shouldn’t attack Trump if he has no plans to run. He does though. If he never declares, it’s clear Trump took him out before the fight began.

Old 05-08-2023, 12:02 PM

7,345 posts, read 3,517,785 times
i am going to start a support group for liberals who care about Republicans. I will name it BLM (breathy liberals matter)

seriously, why all the concern for “little D” if you would not support him anyway

Old 05-08-2023, 12:06 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,201,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
According to some video released over the weekend, DeSantis doesn't attack Trump because he believes he has to tread carefully to not p*ss off Trumps voters. He will need them and their support should he run.

From what I hear, he is planning to announce next month. Personally, I would prefer he remain Governor of Florida. But, I think he will be a strong contender for Republican nominee in 2028.

Old 05-08-2023, 12:08 PM

25,702 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Early signs of DDS. seriously, why all the concern for “little D” if you would not support him anyway
Early signs of DDS.

Old 05-08-2023, 01:19 PM

43,055 posts, read 18,231,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Is anyone else even remotely impressed by d’s tough talk? The man refuses to say anything remotely bad about Trump even though there is plenty of material there to work with. Twice-impeached, failed coup plotter, indicted on 32 felons with more charges expected soon, about to be found guilty of rape - seriously, the negative ads write themselves. Yet d says nothing as Trump accuses him of grooming teenagers. What is d’s strategy here? He thinks he can be the man without having to beat the man? That doesn’t work. I know a lot of you are huge fans of the orange dumpster fire, but don’t even you guys think the Republican primary should have at least one contender who isn’t afraid to make the anti-Trump case? If you’re not going to articulate why Trump shouldn’t be the nominee why bother running? I seriously don’t get this. Can someone who better understands MAGA world explain to me what d’s angle is here?
You are too used to politicians slandering anyone and everyone in their path.
Then you see someone who doesn't stoop that low and you seem upset over it.

Old 05-08-2023, 01:36 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,090,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post

What kind of a person gets upset because a politician doesn’t attack another? Seriously.

I would hate to see where you’re getting this rage from. It’s not healthy.

p.s. Trump is not being tried in a criminal court for rape (that allegedly happened 30+ years ago but the alleged victim cannot even remember what year).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies