Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2023, 08:24 AM

6,831 posts, read 14,074,086 times

Advertisements

"im at the point, if he got arrested, hog tied, stuff and cuff like roscole p coltraine always said, i wouldnt care
he brought it on himself"

The self proclaimed patriots would never be happy with that. They will happly put on their bargain basement military gear and strap own their firearms. at 5ft 8inches and 260lbs they will proclaim they are ready to protect their orange god and the nation as directed by their god. Once they mowed down by those really in charge the same orange god will say he had nothing to do with it but their names just be placed on a plaque at his presidential library in Trumpville Montana.

Old 03-25-2023, 08:42 AM

1,866 posts, read 938,376 times
If the U.S. were to engage in a hypothetical 2nd civil war based on political grounds, here is how that would turn out...

1. The political right owns most of the firearms and they're better trained at using them.
Many have military or police experience.

2. The liberal big cities can easily be cut off and isolated along the coasts.

3. The rural farmlands that produce most of the food are almost entirely conservative, they can easily cut off food shipments to the liberal big cities and starve them out.

4. Liberals won't last two weeks without their pumpkin spice lattes or internet connectivity.

Let's be completely honest with ourselves, and I'm saying this as a urban raised city slicker:
Rural guys are tougher, stronger, and more resilient. They would easily wipe the floor with city dwelling liberals.

Old 03-25-2023, 08:44 AM

515 posts, read 257,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
"im at the point, if he got arrested, hog tied, stuff and cuff like roscole p coltraine always said, i wouldnt care
he brought it on himself"

The self proclaimed patriots would never be happy with that. They will happly put on their bargain basement military gear and strap own their firearms. at 5ft 8inches and 260lbs they will proclaim they are ready to protect their orange god and the nation as directed by their god. Once they mowed down by those really in charge the same orange god will say he had nothing to do with it but their names just be placed on a plaque at his presidential library in Trumpville Montana.
Tough talk from a liberal. We will go down 20 to 1, or at least that would be my goal. I am 6'0, 250, my kids will be bigger. Don't need firearms to handle your kind. The 'people mowing us down who are really in charge' - would love to know who they are, or are you claiming a fictitious military force you do not have. Lol.

Old 03-25-2023, 08:44 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,195,507 times
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=RD...DiA&playnext=1

Old 03-25-2023, 11:35 AM

2,178 posts, read 1,233,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You have to take into consideration what percentage of the military who will refuse to fight for Biden and his side and flip over to the other. Could it be half or more?
Why wouldn't it be zero? You don't believe in taking an oath? When you take an oath do you feel honoring it is optional? Half or more of the time? Perhaps we should poll the troops and see what the number is...then share that info with ... I dunno who ... CIC?

Old 03-25-2023, 02:24 PM

28,711 posts, read 18,886,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
Why wouldn't it be zero? You don't believe in taking an oath? When you take an oath do you feel honoring it is optional? Half or more of the time? Perhaps we should poll the troops and see what the number is...then share that info with ... I dunno who ... CIC?
The oaths of enlistment and commissioned office are not absolute.

As I mentioned earlier, if such a situation should arise, senior military leadership will be closely watching what Congress has to say about it. If it appears that Congress is clearly hostile to the orders the President has given them, telephones in the Pentagon will strangely stop functioning.

Generals are not going to take the rap for any particular short-timer in the White House, even if they like his politics. They intend to have their jobs after that short-timer has long gone.

Old 03-25-2023, 02:34 PM

18,566 posts, read 7,412,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

What if you can't do both?

When the oath gives rise to conflicting duties, it's not a violation of the oath to pick one over the other. If opposing domestic enemies of the Constitution means disobeying the CIC, then so be it. The situation is such that you can't uphold everything you've sworn to, so there's no violation.

Old 03-25-2023, 02:43 PM

28,711 posts, read 18,886,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

What if you can't do both?

When the oath gives rise to conflicting duties, it's not a violation of the oath to pick one over the other. If opposing domestic enemies of the Constitution means disobeying the CIC, then so be it. The situation is such that you can't uphold everything you've sworn to, so there's no violation.
It's not a choice. The oath is to the Constitution above all. There is the implicit presumption that the President would be obeying his own oath to the Constitution...but when another of the two branches of government clearly calls that into question, the generals will hesitate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies