Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 10:30 AM

63,007 posts, read 29,203,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I live in NE Florida and have a lot of friends who own businesses in landscaping, pools, moving, and construction. None of them have any problem finding Americans to do the work. Are Arizonans really so soft that they won’t work manual labor jobs?
No, that's true all over the country. It's merely pro-illegal propaganda that Americans can't be found to do manual labor jobs for a fair wage. Businesses that hire illegals like to use that as a bogus excuse though and so do the defenders and supporters of illegal immigration. They have no other defense and you can see right though it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 12:50 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,347,454 times
Quote:
I live in NE Florida and have a lot of friends who own businesses in landscaping, pools, moving, and construction. None of them have any problem finding Americans to do the work. Are Arizonans really so soft that they won’t work manual labor jobs?
I doubt you can find any Americans working in the heat we have here my observation of laborers. It has lot to do with the sub contractors who can bid the lowest price. Everything comes down to money, and profits large corporations don't want anything changed.

Arizona requires E-verify to get around that contractors hire sub-contractors who lot of the time the owner is illegal I'm referring to large companies not mom and pop. Landscapers most are illegals doing it on their own. Even the larger licensed landscape contractors still use illegal labor. Your just putting more profits into the contractors pocket. Might as well just hire illegal landscaper to do the work. I mostly do my own landscaping not remodeling a pool I had to hire a contractor to do that. He sent illegals to do the work typical.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:48 AM

7,943 posts, read 3,485,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Then why do you want Republicans not to hire them, and why is it their job to do something?

Hey man don't harsh the buzz from that "refreshingly unique take" from one smart cookie!

Old 06-22-2022, 05:54 AM

10,122 posts, read 7,792,278 times
If I were in TX or AZ, I'd want my taxes paying for this. It's better than using taxes to have CRT in schools or taxes used to give illegals free telephones and free healthcare.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:22 AM

Quote:
I live in Florida and see Americans doing manual labor in the heat all day long. Sounds like the issue is people not hiring Americans rather than Americans not wanting the jobs.
Same thing here in Calif. though on a reduced level from what it use to be and it's not because Americans don't want to do those jobs anymore for a fair wage it's because of employers wanting cheap, illegal labor and there is an abundant supply of them.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You wouldn’t tell the truth at gunpoint, would ya?

Amazing liberal lunacy knows no limits …. The first “legal hurdle to come here legally” is now accomplished by successfully climbing over walls.
There should be no "legal hurdle" to allow asylum claimants into our country before their claims are verified either. Many if not most just disappear into our country and don't even show up for their hearings. Statistically 80% of them are making bogus claims and therefore it makes no sense not to make them wait outside our country and their claims investigated for legitimacy first.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:52 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Well that sounds like a recipe for world wide chaos.
As intended. You have to remember that leftists are trying to harm this country. Flooding the nation with foreign criminals is just one more way to do so.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:55 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
I live in Florida and see Americans doing manual labor in the heat all day long. Sounds like the issue is people not hiring Americans rather than Americans not wanting the jobs.
Of course. There are a lot of unethical contractors willing to violate the law to line their pockets, and undercut legitimate ones. That is what hiring foreign criminals does-it harms honest American businesses-and American workers.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Of course. There are a lot of unethical contractors willing to violate the law to line their pockets, and undercut legitimate ones. That is what hiring foreign criminals does-it harms honest American businesses-and American workers.
Oh but the pro-illegals claim they are just doing the jobs that Americans won't do. They leave out the part that Americans won't do them for less than a fair wage. With the abundant supply of cheap, illegal labor Americans couldn't get those jobs in the first place and many of them had to leave those jobs because their wages were reduced. The construction industry is flooded with illegal Spanish speakers so there is a language barrier now to.

Old 06-22-2022, 11:46 PM

10,235 posts, read 15,946,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I don't have an issue with tax dollars used in this manner. I just wish the bus went the complete opposite direction towards Mexico City.
Then they will just return again in the next caravan. Sending them to DC and to liberal states lets those liberals experience for themselves the ravages of illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies