Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2022, 08:11 PM

6,016 posts, read 2,838,772 times

Advertisements

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...her-countries/

From the article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitbart News
White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre responded to questions about high gas prices during the daily briefing by noting it was “really important” that people understood that prices were higher across the globe.

She noted that gas prices in the European Union were $8.15 a gallon, prices in Germany were $8.88 a gallon, and prices in Canada were $6.23 a gallon.

“This is a global challenge, this is something that everyone is feeling across the globe,” she said, arguing that gas prices had risen as a result of Russian President Vladimir Putin invading Ukraine.

She repeated that “everything was on the table” to deal with high gas prices but said that she did not have any information on actions the president would take to help lower gas prices.

“I don’t have anything to preview,” she said.
I look back on the $2.00 - $2.25 I paid per gallon of gasoline, under the previous administration, with fond memories...I just paid $4.60 per gallon to fill up my car. I miss having a proactive president, rather than our current reactive president...
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2022, 08:13 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,198,572 times
Dem deflection and blaming Putin who Sleepy Joe couldn’t keep the peace with for a second time. Priceless coming from a clown who doesn’t know what a woman is.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:13 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,281,411 times
Belling had brought up this article today about how Trump predicted this and the left was mocking him for it. It's amazing how often so-called "experts" end up being wrong.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washin...ase-gas-prices

I have around 15 of those "I did that stickers" to put to good use.. I had a hard time justifying using them there for a while, but now...

Old 06-06-2022, 08:15 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...her-countries/

From the article:

I look back on the $2.00 - $2.25 I paid per gallon of gasoline, under the previous administration, with fond memories...I just paid $4.60 per gallon to fill up my car. I miss having a proactive president, rather than our current reactive president...
Yup, the US is a big supplier of oil to the world market. Screw up US oil production, lower future production expectations, and watch world oil prices soar. It isn't rocket science.

Once again, the 1% income earners don't really care about high oil prices, they have the money to ride it out. But the lower income earners are freaking devastated, and the Biden admin tells them to buy a $40,000 electric car, and to stop whining about it.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:16 PM

19,020 posts, read 27,579,284 times
Basically, current administration has no interest in lowering gas prices. End of sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies