Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 07:26 PM

9,528 posts, read 4,355,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I think it will burn itself out, like any utterly stupid idea.
I think it's already burned itself in the minds of rational people. The race-baiters have seriously overplayed their hand. It's just a matter of time before our dim witted politicians and corporate executives assimilate this fact and stop obsessing over racism.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:16 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,428,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Systemic racism doesn't mean most cops are racist. It means that slavery, brutality directed toward black people after the Civil War, the Jim Crow era of segregation in education, housing, voting, and employment, a history of inequality in legal proceedings, etc., etc., etc., continue to have an effect on the way black people are treated today.

Systemic racism doesn't mean an evil cabal of white people is sitting around thinking of ways to screw over black people. It means that until roughly two generations ago, it was legal to deny black people all sorts of rights and privileges. While laws have changed, repercussions from legal mistreatment of black people remain.
Just about every ethnic group has been mistreated in horrible ways. The obsessive endless focus on blacks creates resentment. And worse, it makes blacks feel like resentful victims, and that could be the main reason they have not done as well.

Does it help black children to teach them that their ancestors were mistreated, and therefore they should get special privileges? Maybe it would help them more to teach them it is their own responsibility to get ahead, and to prove they are as good as anyone else. That is what other mistreated ethnic groups did.

I doubt my ancestors had it that much better. But what happened to my ancestors doesn't make me a victim. It doesn't affect me much at all. And it didn't hold my ancestors back either -- they felt this country was a place where you can work hard and be successful. No matter how badly this country treated them.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Regarding the murder of George Floyd, the issue is not whether Derek Chauvin was motivated by racism. Who knows what motivated him? The issue is that until the very recent advent of video cameras being everywhere, if a black person was killed in police custody and the officer said he was resisting arrest, that was the end of the story.

Protests after Floyd's murder were fueled by hundreds of years of white people murdering black people with impunity. Seeing it on video allowed the whole world to see what black communities have seen since the first enslaved Africans were brought here.
But white cops are NOT murdering blacks! You have no evidence for that, and in fact the evidence says the opposite.

Blacks are more likely to have run ins with cops, since they commit more crimes. But white cops are NOT more likely to harm a black suspect. That is a myth, repeated mindlessly with no evidence.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:56 PM

1,153 posts, read 632,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvbvbvbv View Post
sigh this is most boring topic there is because we contantly talk about white people alegedly being racist while there is bigger racist out there then whites. i mean find something trully racist to talk about and not i do not want my girlfriend around black guys. nobody would want their girlfriend around other man when he is not there not just black
The thing is....and I already know I'm going to be called a blackfisher(even though I have 2 pics in my profile) or Uncle Ruckus for saying this but I genuinely don't care about White people holding racist opinions. I seriously don't unless it translates into actions with real world consequences.

There's too many important things to focus on to wonder how racist people are or aren't.

It's impossible to know who's racist or who's not anyway without observable action or behavior. I saw a video of a White mom slapping the life out of her Bi-Racial daughter and caliing her the N word with a hard ER at the end.

Now, the mother would probably not be seen as racist in the public with her daughter because she'll probably be seen as "open-minded" for having a child with a Black man even though she was.

Unless you're a mind reader or live next door to David Duke, there's no real reason for a Black person or other minority to feel like White racists are out to attack and destroy them. That's just a Boogeyman that the MSN sells because most people are just out trying to make ends eat and pay their bills regardless of race.

Old 04-07-2022, 09:27 PM

The USA is unique in that the early white settlers needed slaves, and were able to buy them from Africa. So hatred between the owners and the owned was seen as racial hatred.

In many other societies, the owner - owned relationship had nothing to do with race. Whites owned whites, blacks owned blacks, etc.

Slavery and racism were associated in this country, and a causal relationship was assumed. There is no causal relationship. Slaves were available from Africa because tribal societies still existed in Africa, and tribal warfare resulted in slaves being captured. And then possibly sold to Europeans.

Hatred between social classes happens and has happened everywhere. It will never end, as long as humans are on this planet. Marx was wrong -- you can't get rid of social classes, and you can't get rid of hatred.

The anti-racism we see today is related to Marxist utopianism. It is profoundly mistaken, and based on ignorance of history and human nature.

Old 04-07-2022, 10:21 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,769,712 times
Quote:
Protests after Floyd's murder were fueled by hundreds of years of white people murdering black people with impunity. Seeing it on video allowed the whole world to see what black communities have seen since the first enslaved Africans were brought here.
Actually those protests were fueled by the utterly false belief, promoted in woke media, that cops are racist and target black people disproportionately for violence. Since then the roll back of policing has led to several thousand more murders than would have occurred otherwise. Never has a major social movement been based on such a misinformed premise or resulted in more unintended mayhem.

Old 04-07-2022, 11:02 PM

32,091 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
The USA is unique in that the early white settlers needed slaves, and were able to buy them from Africa. So hatred between the owners and the owned was seen as racial hatred.

In many other societies, the owner - owned relationship had nothing to do with race. Whites owned whites, blacks owned blacks, etc.

Slavery and racism were associated in this country, and a causal relationship was assumed. There is no causal relationship. Slaves were available from Africa because tribal societies still existed in Africa, and tribal warfare resulted in slaves being captured. And then possibly sold to Europeans.

Hatred between social classes happens and has happened everywhere. It will never end, as long as humans are on this planet. Marx was wrong -- you can't get rid of social classes, and you can't get rid of hatred.

The anti-racism we see today is related to Marxist utopianism. It is profoundly mistaken, and based on ignorance of history and human nature.
How horrifying is that. We bought other humans to be our slaves because we felt superior. We didn't buy white people though, we bought blacks. Even when they were freed we still treated them inferior with different water fountains and segregation in schools just to name two. This is our history which needs to be taught and not sugar coated. Is this what some consider crt.

Old 04-07-2022, 11:50 PM

32,091 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder3 View Post
Oh boy your white guilt is showing. Do you cherry pick what history you regurgitate?
What white guilt? Why would anyone feel guilt about the history of our country. History not only teaches us about our past….it also teaches us lessons learned so we don’t make the same mistakes.

Old 04-08-2022, 02:30 AM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
That seems... unlikely.
I'm AI and every time I come on here I read some of those posts and I realize how lucky I really am to not be "woke" and hate myself for who I am. Some of these folks are really in the realm of needing serious help.

Old 04-08-2022, 02:56 AM

2,284 posts, read 638,363 times
Quote:
The USA is not unique. The British, French, Spanish, and Portuguese all bought slaves and settled their colonies with them. Brazil received more Africans than the USA. The Portuguese were the first to buy African slaves, FYI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.