Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 07:13 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,915,017 times

Advertisements

With all due candor: I'm not offended one bit.

But that's not really the point.

This is OK and will be forgotten, because it's the right kind of racism.

Quote:
“Every day in the Police Department, I kicked those crackers’ ass,” Adams says in the
video.

Adams’s comments came during a private event held by the Harlem Business Alliance on December 13, 2019, several months before he officially launched his mayoral campaign.

A former NYPD captain, Adams spoke candidly about his time spent in the nation’s largest police department.

Black Lives Matter activist Thomas Lopez-Pierre shot the video and uploaded it to his Youtube channel on Tuesday. Lopez-Pierre defended Adams’s racially-charged diatribe, telling New York Daily News, “This is how Black people talk. To us, it was family. We were having a conversation with family.”

After the video was unearthed, Adams apologized on Friday and attempted to contextualize his racial comments.

“I definitely apologize. Inappropriate, inappropriate comments, should not have been used. Someone asked me a question using that comment and playing on that word,” Adams said.

“I responded in that comment, but clearly these comments should not have been used, and I apologize not only to those who heard it, but to New Yorkers because they should expect more from me,” he added.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ed-2019-video/

Can we agree that if this kind of racism is survivable, perhaps society and pop culture should adopt a more permissive attitude toward stupid one-off moments like these?

I mean, even Michael Rapaport is sick of cancel culture.

Michael Rapaport hit with a snowball while filming an angry rant

https://www.indy100.com/celebrities/...t-hit-snowball

Allegedly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 08:06 PM

4,039 posts, read 4,489,003 times
Blacks are allowed to be openly racist against Whites and rewarded for it ..

Old 02-04-2022, 08:09 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,562,754 times
Same topic?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...ked-those.html

Old 02-04-2022, 08:10 PM

4,346 posts, read 2,252,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Blacks are allowed to be openly racist against Whites and rewarded for it ..
Not only that, but they are allowed to commit crimes and not be arrested or prosecuted under the moniker called "restorative justice".

Remember the summer of love, aka burn loot murder? Hardly anyone is serving time..."restorative justice".

Hooray for our country and rule of law!

Old 02-04-2022, 11:21 PM

34,141 posts, read 17,206,205 times
This proves Adams is a scumbag.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:01 AM

2,450 posts, read 978,200 times
Adams is openly racist and must resign in disgrace. How many 'crackers" did Adams unfairly profile while he was a cop??
If this bigot won't resign, Gov Kathy Hochul must exercise her right to remove Adams from office. Us crackers will remember in November.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:24 AM

29,869 posts, read 25,002,140 times
Why would this bother me? For one thing, I like saltine crackers. Always have. They go great in soup or with your favorite toppings. As for NYC, I don't care what the leadership has to say. I would rather see positive results and improvement in the city. Same logic applied to my support of Trump. I care not about the linguistics or semantics. I care about results and outcomes.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:42 AM

13,637 posts, read 4,360,891 times
What do you expect, this is Def Comedy Jam at the NYC City Hall. Roseanne was banished from her show and tv for a tweet but this mayor is funny for some. Being Black and a Democrat has many advantages.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:45 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,288,019 times
Let them reap what they sow if they keep this clown. Folks are already leaving in droves. Let the tax base continue to crumble.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:11 AM

2,450 posts, read 978,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
What do you expect, this is Def Comedy Jam at the NYC City Hall. Roseanne was banished from her show and tv for a tweet but this mayor is funny for some. Being Black and a Democrat has many advantages.
Black privilege. I'm sick and tired of black privilege keeping the white man down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies