Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 11:21 PM

18,570 posts, read 9,266,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
No, but why let a bad situation go to waste?
So you’re saying that Covid policies were specifically designed to hurt Trump politically? Can you give some examples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 12:10 AM

24,988 posts, read 9,730,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
-Biden saying he is would “shut down” the virus. This was arguably the primary focus of his campaign. A totally unwinnable war against a respiratory virus. Looks absolutely foolish in retrospect.
And the left took the bait.

The notion that anyone, let a lone him, could shutdown a global viral infection is insane.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:15 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,079,088 times
I, for one, can’t wait until masks truly become a thing of the past. It’s been an absolute nightmare for my partially deaf daughter who utilizes lip reading as a coping mechanism.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:31 AM

5,103 posts, read 2,318,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiner81 View Post
if that's true, then why do other countries all around the world also wear masks?
In the beginning, they were a useful tool in our attempt to minimize risk. They started to become political in the US when Fauci said 'don't wear them', then 'wear them', then don't wear them', and now 'wear only this specific kind - and maybe with cloth on top'. And all that flip-flopping was going on while evidence existed - from prior to the pandemic - that cloth masks are not effective, yet we were, in many cases, being forced to wear them anyway.

Now it's time to let them go, especially for our kids. The Op Ed I linked to is nicely written and explains better than I could why it's time. If the Covid fearful continue to push masking at this point, the polarization will only get worse.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:53 AM

3,987 posts, read 6,611,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
In the beginning, they were a useful tool in our attempt to minimize risk. They started to become political in the US when Fauci said 'don't wear them', then 'wear them', then don't wear them', and now 'wear only this specific kind - and maybe with cloth on top'. And all that flip-flopping was going on while evidence existed - from prior to the pandemic - that cloth masks are not effective, yet we were, in many cases, being forced to wear them anyway.

Now it's time to let them go, especially for our kids. The Op Ed I linked to is nicely written and explains better than I could why it's time. If the Covid fearful continue to push masking at this point, the polarization will only get worse.
So Fauci made them political? This makes 0 sense. Fauci may be a fool, but saying he is the reason it became politicized is not true. Try again.

And yes, I agree at this point masks should be optional. Most people that I know, regardless of political affiliation, are over it.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:11 AM

4,663 posts, read 2,360,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Wait, are you suggesting that the DNC somehow created the coronavirus in a lab to hurt Trump politically? Please elaborate.

Not specifically the DNC, but the global elite (Soros, Rothchilds, etc.). And not just to hurt Trump (although it was very convenient), it was to bring about the great reset.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:26 AM

22,711 posts, read 24,793,659 times
As long as governmental higher-ups, including Biden, continue to wear
and push masks...most liberals will follow suit.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:33 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,831,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
As long as governmental higher-ups, including Biden, continue to wear
and push masks...most liberals will follow suit.
As long as those liberals keep it to themselves, all will be well.

I don't give a flying rat's ass what you wear over your nose and mouth. But leave me the hell alone. And no, that's not a suggestion.

Old 02-03-2022, 07:30 AM

12,991 posts, read 9,267,812 times
Quote:
if that's true, then why do other countries all around the world also wear masks?
Wearing masks has little to do eith how the politics were portrayed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Wait, are you suggesting that the DNC somehow created the coronavirus in a lab to hurt Trump politically? Please elaborate.
No, I'm suggesting they took a health crisis and used it as a political bludgeon.

But both of y'all know that. You're just trying to distract from the point.

Old 02-03-2022, 07:45 AM

14,488 posts, read 6,141,643 times
Quote:
Many other countries aren’t masking kids. The US has the strictest policy for masking kids in the world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies