Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 09:02 AM

8,165 posts, read 4,022,779 times

Advertisements

A person could OD on Penzeys' "Crying Thyme"!

Old 02-02-2022, 09:03 AM

6,539 posts, read 2,823,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
This guy's Twitter page is raging anti-Republican loony bin material. How stupid can you be.

Btw, Penzeys went from 67 stores nationally to 53. They blamed it on COVID. With so many restaurants shuttered home cooking with all the spices required to make it enjoyable sales should have exploded.
The company website isn't much better. I wonder if he realizes that BLM is being investigated for fraudulent activities?

But in addition to BLM he is defiantly a "Covidian". On his store page, he states that they are going to again close all of their stores to in-store shopping starting on January 1st due to the rise in COVID cases. Oh, yea and be sure to get vaccinated and wear a mask.

Old 02-02-2022, 09:14 AM

5,147 posts, read 2,199,167 times
Ok, I'm just going to come out and say this. A lot of people are thinking the same but are afraid to admit it. With all the things going on in the world right now, racism is placed on a scale of importance at around a 2/10 for me. Yes it is an important topic and awareness is at an all time high, but let's put this topic on the back burner for awhile.

What? How dare he say that?? Listen, go watch any financial expert talking about the end of cash, the perilous stock market, declining employment, food shortages, supply shortages, energy shortages. Guess what? These topics are WAY WAY WAY more important than the endless chatter on racism.

These days when I hear the word "racism", it simply goes in one ear and out the next because we've hammered this topic to death! There isn't anything else to talk about. Let's all be less racist and move on. NEXT TOPIC PLEASE for crying out loud.

Other HUGE issues coming that need our attention. Please wake up folks!

Old 02-02-2022, 09:21 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,984 posts, read 82,178,055 times
I don't mix politics and shopping, if I like a product or service I will pay for it regardless of the company political views. I often patronize both Hobby Lobby and Penzeys and will continue to do so. I'm not registered to either party, and vote for the best person regardless of their affiliation. Boycotting a company whose products you like because you find out their management doesn't reflect your views is cutting off your nose to spite you face. This one is blatant, but there are probably many places that you spend money without knowing that they too have opposing political views.

Old 02-02-2022, 09:46 AM

79,303 posts, read 61,429,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I don't mix politics and shopping, if I like a product or service I will pay for it regardless of the company political views. I often patronize both Hobby Lobby and Penzeys and will continue to do so. I'm not registered to either party, and vote for the best person regardless of their affiliation. Boycotting a company whose products you like because you find out their management doesn't reflect your views is cutting off your nose to spite you face. This one is blatant, but there are probably many places that you spend money without knowing that they too have opposing political views.
I generally agree with you.

However, this isn't like finding out the CEO gives money to right or left wing groups but rather an antagonistic message sent directly to customers.

That's a negative customer experience and I have loved ones that are R and D so regardless of the targeted group it could definitely impact my future association with the company.

It'd be like going to the grocery store and having them harassing me about how bad group X is....no thanks.

Old 02-02-2022, 09:59 AM

3,582 posts, read 2,954,487 times
Imagine there’s no Penzey’s
It’s easy if you try

Old 02-02-2022, 10:06 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,335,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
But it's racist to say the protests weren't peaceful.

The CEO has an extremely unhealthy level of hate and needs to get out of whatever echo chamber he's fallen into. This is like intervention level mental imo.
yup. you reap what you sow. They HAD a store in my city, I used to get a few things you couldn't get in the grocery store ... before ethnic food stores exploded and the same spices were 1/3 the price. Then he came out as a LWNJ and I sadly celebrated their store closing.

Old 02-02-2022, 11:13 AM

20,847 posts, read 17,226,092 times
I've liked Penzy's for several years. Their spices are among the best and I appreciate their happy place attitude. Whoever allowed their sophomoric fool onto the web is regretting it. \

There are many companies that violate human rights. Why does Southwest Airlines come to mind I wonder?

These companies behavior is far more unbecoming than the very ideas they condemn. Kicking a lovely woman off a plane for a short skirt, refusing to serve police officers, condemning soldiers, and boycotting businesses which serve and help low income families. Where did shame go?

The search begins for a great curry.

Old 02-02-2022, 11:15 AM

20,847 posts, read 17,226,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I generally agree with you.

However, this isn't like finding out the CEO gives money to right or left wing groups but rather an antagonistic message sent directly to customers.

That's a negative customer experience and I have loved ones that are R and D so regardless of the targeted group it could definitely impact my future association with the company.

It'd be like going to the grocery store and having them harassing me about how bad group X is....no thanks.
It is a conflict of values. I have a list of companies which I won't trade with due to their behavior and values. It's up to them to serve the public regardless of race, creed, beliefs or values. Everyone gets to choose. That is the essence of a democracy.

Old 02-02-2022, 11:18 AM

19,965 posts, read 12,263,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I've liked Penzy's for several years. Their spices are among the best and I appreciate their happy place attitude. Whoever allowed their sophomoric fool onto the web is regretting it. \

There are many companies that violate human rights. Why does Southwest Airlines come to mind I wonder?

These companies behavior is far more unbecoming than the very ideas they condemn. Kicking a lovely woman off a plane for a short skirt, refusing to serve police officers, condemning soldiers, and boycotting businesses which serve and help low income families. Where did shame go?

The search begins for a great curry.
Try The Spice House out of Chicago. It's the original Penzey family spice company, now run by Bill's sane sister. Bill started his own, lower quality, business in the 80's. I switched to The Spice House last year and have been very pleased with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.