Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 10:08 AM

761 posts, read 447,731 times

Advertisements

The most popular radio talk-show host, now deceased, made an interesting comment, some months before he died. He criticized pop culture and one example he gave was people using the term "pissed-off" on broadcast programs.

I was amazed, happy to hear him say it, and thought it was about time that someone finally mentioned it.

But that was just one of many crude expressions that are now being used on broadcast programs, and it seems to be getting worse as time goes by. How far will it go into the sewer?

I sometimes thought I was the only one offended by it until the (now deceased) host mentioned it.

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 10:12 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
I think you're pissing in the wind!

Old 01-26-2022, 10:19 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
I don't give a f. These f-ing guys can say whatever the f they want to. In London they show boobs on public tv too...

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
I'm not sure "pissed off" is all that offensive, but it is unprofessional.

On the other hand, Megyn Kelly dropped the F bomb on her radio show. The F bomb.

I really enjoy her indepth interviews with people, and find her to be fair and reasonable typically.

But the F bomb?

21,140 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Don't listen and watch programs that use bad language. I don't.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:21 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I don't give a f. These f-ing guys can say whatever the f they want to. In London they show boobs on public tv too...
Oh maaaaannnn…

Somebody gonna rat you out to ibginnie

Old 01-26-2022, 10:34 AM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Class, real class!

Old 01-26-2022, 10:36 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not sure "pissed off" is all that offensive, but it is unprofessional.

On the other hand, Megyn Kelly dropped the F bomb on her radio show. The F bomb.

I really enjoy her indepth interviews with people, and find her to be fair and reasonable typically.

But the F bomb?
I'm old and give out, but in my younger days growing up, it was unheard of the use any form of cussing in front of a female. Even Damn or Hell were not tolerated, and any female using such language was considered the worst kind of person, not someone would would take home to mama.
Today every teen, male or female use ever swear word in the dictionary as part of their everyday conversation, they would put a sailor to shame and think nothing of it. Turn on any reality show, young ladies(?) commonly use locker room talk and no one thinks a thing about it.
There is no such thing as a 12 year old virgin of either sex anymore, in the old days, a kiss on a first date showed someone you liked them, today a first date BJ or more is considered standard procedure. Morality drops a few points with ever generation, society is going down hill rapidly. The world today is far different than Ozzie and Harriet..! I can't think that it's a good thing..!

Old 01-26-2022, 10:37 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Every cable so called news show is all about pizzt off. Anger, outrage sells. Its unhealthy in large doses, but sells.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:50 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
I understand some older people having problems with curse words being used on network tv...but if you look into history, 'curse words' were determined by the church and deemed to be offensive.

The Govt has NO place in determining what is profane and what is not, the basis would rely too heavily on the churchs definition...

Besides that, think about it, do you really want the govt to determine what is profane and what is not?!! That is getting into some very dangerous territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies