Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 07:10 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times

Advertisements

This is in Australia. Claims up to $600,000. They estimated at least 79,000 people have been injured by the COVID vaccine.

Various requirements must be met depending on the monetary amount, including must have stayed at least 1 night in a hospital. Requirements increase as monetary amount increases. This is explained in the video news report.

There is also a government website where those injured from the COVID vaccine can register.

https://twitter.com/NewGranada1979/s...26692505505795

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work...28766ebee5c8b2

https://www.health.gov.au/about-us/c...-claims-scheme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2022, 09:11 AM

19,037 posts, read 27,614,590 times
Hold on, hold on!!

Does that, actually, mean that there WERE those injured by vaccines? That it is not lies, misinformation and fake news? And 79 000 is in Australia ONLY?

No kidding....

Yumm, yummm... can't wait to see vaxxers justifications to come..

Old 01-01-2022, 09:15 AM

608 posts, read 239,691 times
...well, a step in the right direction at least...

Old 01-01-2022, 09:16 AM

19,037 posts, read 27,614,590 times
Oh, I can only imagine, how much money will make those, who will start offering vaccine detox...

Old 01-01-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Hold on, hold on!!

Does that, actually, mean that there WERE those injured by vaccines? That it is not lies, misinformation and fake news? And 79 000 is in Australia ONLY?

No kidding....

Yumm, yummm... can't wait to see vaxxers justifications to come..
The 79,000 is just an estimate.

We'll have to follow this to see how it shakes out.

IF the government truly will award the money, or drag it's feet for 10 years, or deny every claim. Time will tell.

Old 01-01-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Oh, I can only imagine, how much money will make those, who will start offering vaccine detox...
I would bet anyone who tries to do this will find themselves in jail.

Just a hunch.

Old 01-01-2022, 04:28 PM

Would any of the pro vaccine mandates and passport posters like to weigh in?

Old 01-01-2022, 04:51 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,504,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Would any of the pro vaccine mandates and passport posters like to weigh in?
I am vaccinated, and Australian, though not really pro vax or pro passport, I think we should all be able to make our own decisions.

The reality is however about 18 million Australians are fully vaccinated, 79,000 is 0.44% of that. Obviously we do not know if that number is complete or not, regardless its almost impossible to tailor a vaccine to each individual person, when you are talking about adverse reactions among less than 0.5% of the population. The British AZ vaccine was largely removed from Australia following some adverse reactions, which were well documented.

It will be interesting to see how many of these claims are legitimate and go through we have a strong anti-vax population, and had it well before COVID was even heard of. Though it could be a decade before we know, we had a massive flood in Brisbane in 2011, which was made a lot worse because of how the water authority released excess water from the cities main dam, it took a decade for that one to be settled.

Though as with most of these things, the big winners will be the lawyers.

Old 01-01-2022, 05:29 PM

1,154 posts, read 274,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
I am vaccinated, and Australian, though not really pro vax or pro passport, I think we should all be able to make our own decisions.

The reality is however about 18 million Australians are fully vaccinated, 79,000 is 0.44% of that. Obviously we do not know if that number is complete or not, regardless its almost impossible to tailor a vaccine to each individual person, when you are talking about adverse reactions among less than 0.5% of the population. The British AZ vaccine was largely removed from Australia following some adverse reactions, which were well documented.

It will be interesting to see how many of these claims are legitimate and go through we have a strong anti-vax population, and had it well before COVID was even heard of. Though it could be a decade before we know, we had a massive flood in Brisbane in 2011, which was made a lot worse because of how the water authority released excess water from the cities main dam, it took a decade for that one to be settled.

Though as with most of these things, the big winners will be the lawyers.

And the big losers will be those who suffered severe adverse side effects but did not spend the mandatory one night in the hospital to become eligible to collect benefits. There's a stipulation to compensation.

Old 01-01-2022, 05:36 PM

25,767 posts, read 18,826,754 times
It's about time SOMEBODY on the face of this earth in a position of power is actually acknowledging this. And of all places... a country will overkill draconian covid restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
The reality is however about 18 million Australians are fully vaccinated, 79,000 is 0.44% of that.
I would assume that rate to be fairly consistent around the world. So, in light of the fact that I have a 0.44% chance of adverse reactions to the covid shot, and that I have about a 0.14% chance of dying from covid (should I contract it)... which option should I choose? In light of the fact that I am healthy, run/exercise each day, and have had no serious health problems.

The way I see it, I have nearly four times the risk by taking the "vaccine" (which in itself doesn't guarantee that I won't get covid anyway). You see, this is exactly why I believe the shot should be a personal choice. I realize that the odds/risks are totally different for different people. But in my case, it makes zero sense to get the shot. (and no, I'm sorry, I'm not going to fourfold increase risk to myself for the benefit of others--that's just the way it is)

Last edited by ChrisC; 01-01-2022 at 05:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies