Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 07:12 AM

15,197 posts, read 12,367,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
No I would not. I would self quarantine until the symptoms are gone. You have exactly what I have. My husband went and got tested but I did not. You probably have covid. No need to test for it. Stay away from other people.
Exactly what I would do. As I would do with ANY respiratory illness, treat symptomatically, stay home and as best I can, stay away from others till I am better. In the event things started going south, ie, difficulty breathing, high fever, coughing up "pneumonia" type junk, I'd contact my PCP for further instructions, as I would do with ANY respiratory illness.

You are just as likely to have those symptoms caused by any number of viruses around us, not necessarily covid. But since you'd treat the mild symptoms you describe, or any respiratory viral illness pretty much the same way, covid or not, no point in jumping into all that covid insanity out there. IMO, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 07:34 AM

45,671 posts, read 24,179,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Sore throat, stuffed nose, 100 temp sat and sun. Feeling a little better Monday but tried to get a test. Line is too long and you have to wait outside. Trying to find another place but nobody is answering their phone or it’s a long hold time. Stores are sold out. Trying to find a place while working from home. Night sweats for a few nights but that stopped. Tuesday pretty much better except for stuffy nose. Wednesday same and was able to exercise. Today fine but still the stuffy nose. Middle of the night is hard also because of my nose. Don’t have cough except a little at night from post nasal drip. When I had Covid a year ago I had same symptoms minus the sore throat and I didn’t have cough but had to rest after simple things like laundry, shower, anything I had to bend over to pick up or clean. Don’t have that now. Just feels like that lingering head cold. You think now a test is still important or it’s probably a bit of the flu or cold? I’m assuming I wouldn’t be able to exercise if it was Covid. I was with my sister last Thursday and we both started feeling sick Friday night. She tested negative.
Whether or not it is COVID -- it seems to be 'catchy' as both you and your sister were sick.
I'd just stay home until most symptoms are gone. Maybe follow the quarantine/isolation guidelines -- not because of COVID -- just because good not to spread whatever.

Keep an eye if your breathing gets worse it might be worth looking into only for the treatments that are being offered to fight off COVID and prevent hospitalizaiton.

Old 12-30-2021, 07:42 AM

4,999 posts, read 2,770,972 times
why didn't you get vaccinated?

Old 12-30-2021, 08:05 AM

5,615 posts, read 2,352,342 times
Quote:
You think now a test is still important or it’s probably a bit of the flu or cold?
Do you want to know if it's Covid or cold or flu? If you don't test soon then you'll never know. Perhaps you'd like to know whether it's Covid or not. Up to you.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:17 AM

585 posts, read 500,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
why didn't you get vaccinated?
I said above because I already had Covid. Also I know several people right now who have been vaccinated and some had the booster but still pretty sick with Covid.
And several people I know had ailments that got worse after they were vaccinated.
I might have to though just so I could go places.

If I have Covid yet feel better (except for the head cold feeling). Will it get worse again? I know they say it could get worse and then to late to get treatment.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:22 AM

27,419 posts, read 15,525,143 times
Quote:
Sore throat, stuffed nose, 100 temp sat and sun. Feeling a little better Monday but tried to get a test. Line is too long and you have to wait outside. Trying to find another place but nobody is answering their phone or it’s a long hold time. Stores are sold out. Trying to find a place while working from home. Night sweats for a few nights but that stopped. Tuesday pretty much better except for stuffy nose. Wednesday same and was able to exercise. Today fine but still the stuffy nose. Middle of the night is hard also because of my nose. Don’t have cough except a little at night from post nasal drip. When I had Covid a year ago I had same symptoms minus the sore throat and I didn’t have cough but had to rest after simple things like laundry, shower, anything I had to bend over to pick up or clean. Don’t have that now. Just feels like that lingering head cold. You think now a test is still important or it’s probably a bit of the flu or cold? I’m assuming I wouldn’t be able to exercise if it was Covid. I was with my sister last Thursday and we both started feeling sick Friday night. She tested negative.

Personally I would not but alas, the government is forcing me to.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:24 AM

63,917 posts, read 46,971,140 times
Quote:
You got sick.

Does it matter if it’s Covid or the flu?

Old 12-30-2021, 08:30 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,945,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You got sick.

Does it matter if it’s Covid or the flu?
Ikr? Isolate like you do when you have the flu, the flu can be just as harmful as covid.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
The odds of having it twice are slim. Reason I didn’t get vaccinated. But I guess if it’s Omicron it’s possible.
I am aware of several people who have had Covid twice. The durability of the so called natural immunity from a prior infection is a huge variable.

It’s reasonable to assume POTUS receives the best medical attention in the world. Trump chose to get vaccinated just 3 months after being infected, hospitalized and treated with antibodies. He also chose to get a booster.

I don’t understand how his loyal followers have not done likewise.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Ikr? Isolate like you do when you have the flu, the flu can be just as harmful as covid.
Indeed it can.

If people self isolated with the flu it would not spread as it does, some years.

Alas, some don’t care or don’t get paid unless they work so they work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies