Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 08:02 AM

8,984 posts, read 2,612,578 times

Advertisements

They aren't typically as corrupt as Pelosi and the Democrats, so they probably don't stoop to the lows she did filing frivolous impeachment charges......but if they did, it would be completely justified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 08:03 AM

2,009 posts, read 1,262,627 times
of course. Dems will just double down on the stupid.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:04 AM

10,597 posts, read 8,114,424 times
The left can control Biden and make him do things because he stays confused but they can't control Kamalllla.

And it's not "if' there will be a red wave, there will definitely be a red wave. It will be glorious.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:16 AM
Status: "Democracies tend to decline into despotism. (Aristotle)" (set 16 days ago)

16,233 posts, read 11,473,903 times
Hp[efully, if the Democratic Party implodes, their moderate center, including the less-flagrant one-issue voters, will coalesce quietly and responsibly.

But the radical hijackers (I'll cite Omar,Talib, and AOC as examples) should have nowhere left to go except the sump filled with their own kind.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 12-30-2021 at 08:35 AM..

Old 12-30-2021, 08:17 AM

14,580 posts, read 14,602,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Let's say the Republicans retake the House AND Senate, & do very well in Governors races, AG's, ect..

Will Biden's handlers/puppetmasters allow him to remain in office?

Or, do they force him to step down due to "medical reasons" or some other contrived excuse?

Kamala's polling 1% higher than Joe right now.

I say watch the msm closely to see which one they start propping up with positive press. That will be the key.

Right now, they are trying to prop up Joe with positive economic news on employment, wages, & labor participation, but he's still behind Kamala. How long until they quit on Joe?
Joe's ratings are similar to the ratings that both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama had at this point in their presidency. The economy is in bad shape because of coronavirus problems. People are frustrated and want coronavirus and inflation both to end. My prediction is inflation will fall to about 4% in 2022 and as treatments for Covid 19 are distributed throughout this country fear of the disease will lessen.

The GOP will capture Congress in 2022. When that happens, the moderate elements in this country will find Biden more appealing. If the Supreme Court strikes down abortion rights this spring that will be further impetus to some to support Biden in 2024. The right also hurts itself through its extremism. Chants like "Let's go Brandon" do not appeal to average people in this country. They instead remind people of January 6th.

Biden is down in the polls. He is far from out.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:58 AM

1,069 posts, read 758,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Joe's ratings are similar to the ratings that both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama had at this point in their presidency. The economy is in bad shape because of coronavirus problems. People are frustrated and want coronavirus and inflation both to end. My prediction is inflation will fall to about 4% in 2022 and as treatments for Covid 19 are distributed throughout this country fear of the disease will lessen.

The GOP will capture Congress in 2022. When that happens, the moderate elements in this country will find Biden more appealing. If the Supreme Court strikes down abortion rights this spring that will be further impetus to some to support Biden in 2024. The right also hurts itself through its extremism. Chants like "Let's go Brandon" do not appeal to average people in this country. They instead remind people of January 6th.

Biden is down in the polls. He is far from out.
I'm a moderate independent libertarian. I find absolutely nothing appealing about President Biden. His administration is responsible for the most disgraceful military evacuation and retreat in U.S. history. The U.S. military's hasty retreat created a void in Kabul resulting in chaos that led to the murders of 13 fine young Americans and several hundred Afghan civilians and stranded hundreds of U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents and special immigrant visas holders who became de facto hostages of the Taliban. Biden and DHS Secretary Mayorkas refusal to secure the Southern border and orders to the Border Patrol and Customs and Border Protection to parole and admit thousands of indigent migrants is a flagrant violation of 8 U.S.C. Aliens and Nationality Act. Then there is Biden's support of the Build Back America boondoggle that if passed is estimated to add $365 billion to the national debt over the next ten years. I could go on but what's the point?

Chants of "Let's go Brandon!" may remind some of January 6th but whenever I see Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Sandy Ocasio-Cortez, Maxine Waters, Bernie Sanders, Rashida Tlaib, Ayanna Presley, Ilhan Omar, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Steve Cohen, Pramila Jayapal and other progressive members of the Democratic Party I think of how they either openly supported the dozens of rioters that waged mayhem in U.S. cities in 2020 or said very little to condemn them. I'll never vote for another Democrat for President, the House of Representatives or the U.S. Senate.

Last edited by irishcopper; 12-30-2021 at 09:23 AM..

Old 12-30-2021, 08:58 AM

26,829 posts, read 13,623,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
There is no need for Republicans and/or Libertarians to initiate any action. Let the Democrats' clown car drive itself over a cliff.
Agreed, my OP asked if the Dems will remove Joe, if a Red wave occurs.

Trying to think that through from a Dem perspective is what I'm trying to do.

I think the Dem party could get better results in 2024, if Joe was a bad memory by then.

Using Kamala instead as theri puppet, could shore up the support from women, & blacks.

The Dem party has been losing blacks for the last 2 election cycles...& hispanics.

It would be esy to come up with a health related excuse to give Joe the hook.

I do agree with you though, the Republicans should take the high road, take no action, and just be an observer of the Democrat party's turmoil.

If the Pubs do so, I think they'll gain some Indy's and Moderate Dem votes....grow their tent.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:01 AM

26,829 posts, read 13,623,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcopper View Post
I'm a moderate independent libertarian. I find absolutely nothing appealing about President Biden. His administration is responsible for the most disgraceful military evacuation and retreat in U.S. history. The U.S. military's hasty retreat created a void in Kabul resulting in chaos that led to the murders of 13 fine young Americans and several hundred Afghan civilians and stranded hundreds of U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents and special immigrant visas holders who became de facto hostages of the Taliban. Biden and DHS Secretary Mayorkas refusal to secure the Southern border and orders to the Border Patrol and Customs and Border Protection to parole and admit thousands of indigent migrants is a flagrant violation of 8 U.S.C. Aliens and Nationality Act. Then there is Biden's support of the Build Back America boondoggle that if passed is estimated to add $365 billion to the national debt over the next ten years. I could go on but what's the point?

Chants of "Let's go Brandon!" may remind some of January 6th but whenever I see Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Sandy Ocasio-Cortez, Maxine Waters, Bernie Sanders, Rashida Tlaib, Ayanna Presley, Elizabeth Warren, Steve Cohen, Pramila Jayapal and other progressive members of the Democratic Party I think of how they openly supported the dozens of riots in U.S. cities or said very little to condemn them. I'll never vote for another Democrat for President, the House of Representatives or the U.S. Senate.
My fear is that the Republicans will somehow blow it, with voters like yourself. Every time the Pubs have a chance to sway some Indy's & Mod Dems, they manage screw it up.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:10 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,330,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcopper View Post

Chants of "Let's go Brandon!" may remind some of January 6th but whenever I see Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Sandy Ocasio-Cortez, Maxine Waters, Bernie Sanders, Rashida Tlaib, Ayanna Presley, Elizabeth Warren, Steve Cohen, Pramila Jayapal and other progressive members of the Democratic Party I think of how they openly supported the dozens of riots in U.S. cities in 2020 or said very little to condemn them. I'll never vote for another Democrat for President, the House of Representatives or the U.S. Senate.
Your take on things, although certainly valid, represent just a minor minor minor percent of the voting public.
The key is the younger voters. Few post here but they hold the future.
Want to know how they think- go on reddit.
Most don't care about Afghanistan, border issues are of medium importance,
This may come as surprise, but they are not turned off as much as you by the progressive members.
They care a whole lot about the national debt
They care a whole lot about the environment
They care a whole lot about healthcare
They care a whole lot about pro choice

Old 12-30-2021, 09:12 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,970,960 times
Yes, he will stay. If not, there will be Harris. Pick your poison, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies