Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 08:21 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,630,631 times

Advertisements

turns out that having a walking vegetable as president is not a popular idea after all.
Concerns about President Joe Biden’s mental abilities have gone mainstream.

Although the press has largely overlooked Biden’s gaffes, his disastrous performance at a decidedly friendly CNN townhall prompted the Wall Street Journal to editorialize that Biden’s “frequent public confusion about the major issues of the day is a reason for the growing public concern.”

Even the notoriously partisan “Saturday Night Live” has started to use Biden’s mental acuity as a punchline. One of the show’s characters has quipped about how “insiders are also saying that, during meetings, President Biden repeatedly uses the f-word in conversation. More concerning, the f-word he keeps using is ‘forget.’”

Biden’s critics have long pointed to increased verbal gaffes, along with his advanced age (he turns 79 later this month) as problems. But the mainstream press has largely ignored signs of mental decline.

The latest I&I/TIPP poll shows that, despite this, the perception of Biden’s cognitive descent has become widespread.

The poll tried to gauge the public’s perceptions of Biden on several measures, including mental abilities, by asking a random sampling of adults to “indicate your level of agreement or disagreement with the following descriptions of President Joe Biden.” Among the choices given were “mentally sharp,” “energetic,” and “a good communicator.”

The results are not good for Biden.
https://issuesinsights.com/2021/11/0...entally-sharp/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2021, 08:35 AM

27,189 posts, read 15,364,237 times
Turns out that 42% of the nation lacks mental acuity.

Old 11-01-2021, 08:39 AM

10,134 posts, read 7,805,985 times
Trump's fault.

Old 11-01-2021, 08:49 AM

27,693 posts, read 16,186,489 times
Embarassing us on the world stage currently. Msm keeping it on the down low.

Old 11-01-2021, 08:54 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,180,429 times
I'd rather have a good man with some age-related decline in office than an egocentric idiot who spins lies and can't admit he lost a fair election.

Old 11-01-2021, 08:55 AM

3,655 posts, read 1,610,755 times
Dems will keep Biden in office even if he loses his mind. Or even if he is hospitalized talking gibberish. If he leaves office for any reason Harris becomes president and she no longer breaks senate 50/50 ties. A tie in the senate means the bill does not pass.

So Biden is staying until 2024 and the press will start having comments like "yes he is mentally declined but can still make sound decisions..."

Old 11-01-2021, 08:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,677,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Turns out that 42% of the nation lacks mental acuity.
Right. People started wondering about Trump when it took him an overly long time to find his limousine. People past 70 shouldn't run for president. So I hope Bernie doesn't try to run for president again. And hope Biden doesn't run for reelection.

Old 11-01-2021, 08:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,812,132 times
Seems to me people voted against Trump which is not the same thing as being pro Biden. While anecdotal, I know plenty of life long straight ticket Republican voters who split the ticket and voted against Trump.

I am a reluctant 2 x Trump voter. I held my nose both times. Last year I did so for continuity relative to Covid.
I am ashamed by my 2020 vote given Trump’s reaction and perpetuation of the Big Lie.

The October 2021 NBC News Poll got a lot of media attention this weekend when it showed Biden’s job approval rating had plummeted to 42%.

The October 2017 NBC News Poll also got a lot of media attention when it concluded Trump’s job approval rating had plummeted to 38%.

Trump called it a fake news poll.

Trump had a tendency to confuse attendance at his rallies with overall approval. Most people don’t attend political rallies.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:01 AM

43,234 posts, read 18,372,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Seems to me people voted against Trump which is not the same thing as being pro Biden. While anecdotal, I know plenty of life long straight ticket Republican voters who split the ticket and voted against Trump.

I am a reluctant 2 x Trump voter. I held my nose both times. Last year I did so for continuity relative to Covid.
I am ashamed by my 2020 vote given Trump’s reaction and perpetuation of the Big Lie.

The October 2021 NBC News Poll got a lot of media attention this weekend when it showed Biden’s job approval rating had plummeted to 42%.

The October 2017 NBC News Poll also got a lot of media attention when it concluded Trump’s job approval rating had plummeted to 38%.

Trump called it a fake news poll.

Trump had a tendency to confuse attendance at his rallies with overall approval. Most people don’t attend political rallies.
Lots of stuff about Trump there but "what about Biden" ? which is what this thread is about.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:02 AM

43,234 posts, read 18,372,336 times
All I can say is....

Don't blame me. I didn't vote for him.

I haven't voted D or R since 2000.
People are so stuck on their party that they don't even know/care who is running as long as "their party" gets into power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies