Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 11:44 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,787,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
God, could he be any more hypocritical? What's that old saying about fooling some of the people some of the time?
I can only conclude Democrats want to be fooled. They just refuse to hold Brandon accountable for what he says or does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2021, 11:49 AM

45,671 posts, read 24,208,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
This is not about what we think regarding the supply chain. It's about what Brandon said in 2020 and how he does not feel the same way today.

What is your opinion on what Brandon said in 2020 and why he is not saying the same thing now? Seems like you and the other leftist are afraid to deal with what Brandon said so you both keep deflecting.
Oh I've been moaning about the lack of attention to the supply chain disruption for a year now. So I agree with Biden.

Last year I saw ZERO evidence of the PResident attempting to resolve supply chain issues.
Yes it took Biden 8 months to step in and that's not good but at least he stepped in, pulled together all the parties and they are trying to resolve it. More leadership than I saw last year.

Be clear -- ships started piling up last September. Truck Driver shortages have been a problem for years....these are not new problems.

The only relative 'new' issue is the surge in American consumerism and demand for goods. Isn't that a good thing. Seems people are ready to shop.

Old 10-16-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh I've been moaning about the lack of attention to the supply chain disruption for a year now. So I agree with Biden.
So then are you saying President Brandon's lack of leadership is the issue with the supply chain NOW or are you saying you only agree with Brandon when he blamed the other guy last year?

Old 10-16-2021, 11:57 AM

45,671 posts, read 24,208,956 times
Quote:
So then are you saying President Brandon's lack of leadership is the issue with the supply chain NOW or are you saying you only agree with Brandon when he blamed the other guy last year?
Yes I think he should have paid attention to the supply chain immediately...and have said that for months.

I think rather than working with world leaders to get more corporate tax money, they should have been addressing the supply chain issue.

I'm glad he is addressing it now and wish we had started a year ago.

Old 10-16-2021, 11:59 AM

13,860 posts, read 5,091,418 times
Quote:
I didn't indicate what I want at all. I just posted a link showing Brandon stating shortages are due to lack of Presidential leadership. Thought that was interesting considering he is President now and things are now getting really bad.
Define "getting really bad". I haven't personally run into a shortage of anything I wanted to buy. We ordered some custom-made furniture a while back, and it took twice as long as it normally would have. But in the end we got our furniture; no crisis.

Old 10-16-2021, 12:09 PM

13,860 posts, read 5,091,418 times
Quote:

Last year I saw ZERO evidence of the PResident attempting to resolve supply chain issues.
Yes it took Biden 8 months to step in and that's not good but at least he stepped in, pulled together all the parties and they are trying to resolve it. More leadership than I saw last year.

Be clear -- ships started piling up last September. Truck Driver shortages have been a problem for years....these are not new problems.

The only relative 'new' issue is the surge in American consumerism and demand for goods. Isn't that a good thing. Seems people are ready to shop.
I think this also applies to the labor shortage. A couple of years ago we had record low unemployment - 3.5%. That's below what is considered the ideal unemployment (5%).

"A very low a rate of unemployment, however, can have negative consequences, such as inflation and reduced productivity." https://www.investopedia.com/insight...-unemployment/

But we never really saw this - it seems like the negative effects of low unemployment were delayed. Then the pandemic put everything on hold. Now, I think the delayed effects of very low unemployment are being felt. A lack of workers in key industries, workers demanding higher wages, businesses becoming less productive and price inflation.

The right this to do now is for The Fed to raise interest rates.

Old 10-16-2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Yes I think he should have paid attention to the supply chain immediately...and have said that for months.

I think rather than working with world leaders to get more corporate tax money, they should have been addressing the supply chain issue.

I'm glad he is addressing it now and wish we had started a year ago.
Well congrats! At least you are getting there. There is just one step left and I applaud you for not keeping your eyes and mind closed like many do.

Next step. Why do you think Brandon blamed the situation on a lack pf Presidential leadership last year, but won't blame it on a lack of Presidential leadership this year? Obviously Brandon lacked leadership on this issue for the first 9 months of his reign, but he doesn't make the same claim he made last year.

Old 10-16-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Define "getting really bad". I haven't personally run into a shortage of anything I wanted to buy. We ordered some custom-made furniture a while back, and it took twice as long as it normally would have. But in the end we got our furniture; no crisis.
Depends on where you live and shop, as is evidenced by all the news reports of empty shelves that have already been posted over and over. A lot of the problems shows up in poor minority communities, because more affluent areas will be first to get deliveries leaving the poor minority communities with nothing.

Getting worse is measured by how many ships are waiting out in the water. That number climbed substantially under Brandon's reign.

Getting worse is measured by the number of news reports of shortages. That number climbed substantially under Brandon's reign.

Getting worse is measured by the number of shipment deadlines being missed. That number climbed substantially under Brandon's reign.

Getting worse is measured by approval ratings. That number dropped substantially for Brandon.

Old 10-16-2021, 01:26 PM

4,676 posts, read 2,369,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Bide, not Trump, should have negotiated 24/7 unloading and warehouse space months ago...not waited until it got to this more than crucial point.
Not enough trucks? At least there'd be a lot more movement than there has been.

I read that the problem is that there are not enough trucks 3 years old or newer that is the issue. Another brilliant law by Commiefornia.

Old 10-16-2021, 06:45 PM

39,957 posts, read 26,734,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
“Brandon”. Ouch that nickname stings.
I still prefer Oatmeal...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies