Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 12:49 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,685,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Just another drama queen thread. The US is fine.
I doubt it. More concern should be directed toward the Colorado River and Lake Mead drying up, rather than deny that is happening, either through natural climate change or man made climate engineering. Most people can't believe that mankind is smart enough to influence the weather. But Vice President Johnson as far back as 1962 feared it was possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandwolf View Post
I do not know where u reside but definitely not in Africa, I recommend you to research the history of South Africa and not the media outlets stories. Yes the word apartheid is offensive to a lot of people but anyone can spin different values to a word. Even now in america you have "apartheid" as we did back in the 70's.
let me explain in short do you have reservations for native Americans in the USA? IF YES YOU ARE AN APARTHEID REGIME. The same was in south africa but those in charge of these homelands abused their power corruption included, so the grass is greener on the other side. still today you require work visas as was in south africa called passbooks.
i do not defend the racism of the time e.g. white toilets and blacks only toilets etc, but that was plainly racism not apartheid. i work in the fishing industry as my fore-fathers and we work with all races and never did we worry about racism among us as if you do then the work do not get done and nobody benefits. regardless your race, if you were fit to do the job you were appointed and promoted even i as white had to work under "black" officers until i was qualified, that was in the 70's and 80's.

to the present 2021, you can go and ask the "blacks" and as i stated they will tell you they had it better during apartheid. clean environment, drinking water, housing, medical care, safe transport, world class defense force even food.

because of lust for power and financial greed using the population to reap those rewards homelands fell into dis-par and today you can see the results.
As far as the U. S. is concerned, the blacks surely don't think they had it better during the Jim Crow laws. In some towns, blacks had to get out of town by sundown. How did that benefit them?

I pray for USA, not South Africa.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 09-09-2021 at 01:10 AM..

Old 09-09-2021, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandwolf View Post
I am from south africa and current outside the borders as i was targetted by the ANC, when i started to open my mouth. The world must stop believing in the media as most media is run by government influence so the stories you hear are those they want you to hear. look at south africa and all the hate apartheid stories you heard but never was told that even blacks included 80% of all were happy in the country. Namibia and Zimbabwe were the same story. Power is to be reached by using small groups of the population by promises of a better life etc etc and to revolt against government small then growing each time using fear even killing people but mostly to threat those in opposing them. And when in power they forget about all that promises and destroy the country only to fill their own pockets whilst each election they make new promises but then forget about that after election results. to keep on winning they give contracts and tenders to friends and family all paid for by the taxpayers. new laws and policies are made to keep voters in check and abuse the opposition. the same now in america, antifa, BLM, cancel culture, woke etc etc. you even see those government arsehole lickers run from the country when things go bad. just look at charlize theron and trevor noah!

most of africa no is owned by china as debts of the countries is paid by china taking all resources and doing all major projects with their imported workforce from china. yes in africa you can dis-appear if you pose opposition.

so america i pray for you not to go down the road your current government wants and oppose them in all ways you can. we kept quiet and now we suffer and are being killed systematically. elect officials that are true to their word in action not only to fill their pockets as even i can see from here those lot of corrupt in your government.
Seriously, though, as long as Americans are quite deeply addicted to voting for their incumbents in Congress for every term, things can't possibly change for the better. In effect, it gives incumbents the strong idea that they must be doing something good and right every time. It's even far too much to expect voters to switch to a different congressman from their own party.

Old 09-09-2021, 01:50 AM

1,154 posts, read 275,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well, law abiding, un-woke Americans sure don't deserve this.

Nobody deserves this. We're all human.

Old 09-09-2021, 02:29 AM

27,198 posts, read 15,375,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
So the key to happiness is to Elect "whitey"?

Gotcha ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
80% of the blacks were happy with apartheid???

No, this is simply not remotely true.

You both need to go back and re-read your misunderstanding of what was written.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:45 AM

63,054 posts, read 29,249,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
Nobody deserves this. We're all human.
Those that created and encouraged this mess we are in today do deserve it. Being human doesn't change that. Are you saying for example that those who steal, kill or rape don't deserve punishment for it?

Old 09-09-2021, 06:46 AM

63,054 posts, read 29,249,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You both need to go back and re-read your misunderstanding of what was written.
It's not even a misunderstanding. They know full well that they are putting their own spin on it to demonize and lie about what was actually said.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:53 AM

9,380 posts, read 7,003,158 times
The US is on a clear and present path towards the route South Africa has taken.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:57 AM

25,858 posts, read 16,569,925 times
My neighbor 2 doors down immigrated from South Africa (white guy). He came here because of the cluster S Africa became after the end of apartheid. Now he sees the same thing happening here. It’s a disaster.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:05 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,688,804 times
The America I knew has been destroyed by the liberal Democrats who are too blind to see China and Russia waiting in the wings. The media is made up of opinionated uneducated zealots who write and report whatever they choose, right or wrong. They destroy people's lives with the click of a keyboard. Rest In Peace America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies