Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 10:32 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,941,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid888 View Post
Just as Obama’s policies gave us President Trump Biden’s far left agenda will give us a DeSantis or another Trump like populist
I hope so

Old 07-16-2021, 10:36 PM

9,611 posts, read 4,425,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://americanmind.org/salvo/conserving-collapse/

Read this article.

As corporations and private power are promoting progressive ideology, virtually bankrupting rural communities, hiking drug prices, and off-shoring industry the Republican voting base is becoming less professional and more 'working-class'.

Yet the institutional conservatives who are looking at a collapse in civic institutions and overdoses in deep red counties can only offer tax cuts and deregulations.

As private capital gets more powerful, they are killing conservatism. And all conservatives can do (rather than adapt) is cling to the phantom of Reagan.

You wish. People are starting to feel it where it counts: in their wallets. The next round of elections will be an absolute bloodbath. Enjoy your utterly ridiculous woke/progressive/lefty agenda while you still can.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:52 PM

52,426 posts, read 52,978,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You wish. People are starting to feel it where it counts: in their wallets. The next round of elections will be an absolute bloodbath. Enjoy your utterly ridiculous woke/progressive/lefty agenda while you still can.
Kind of what Im thinking. Every midterm the party in charge loses some.

I think it will be more than some this go. Too many things going on to **** off too many moderates. People aren't down with the progressive garbage, it's showing up in polls. The dems see it and are worried.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:53 AM

16,246 posts, read 10,915,770 times
There are conservatives and will always be conservatives in the US but there is no movement and they are dwindling away. They became distracted by communism as if it was a constant and eminent threat and pine for it now that is mostly dead. The movement lost its reason for existence. There has not been a conservative GOP President since Hoover and any time they try to get one elected they lose. Trump destroyed whatever was left of the conservative movement or conservative thinkers or ideology. They have no home now and are all RINOs, cast out by the lemmings.

Old 07-17-2021, 01:34 AM

24,917 posts, read 9,663,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Meanwhile, in reality, progressive utopias resemble killing fields.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...king-hyde-park

https://abc7ny.com/east-flatbush-sho...rime/10891414/

Sad stories like these occur daily in Chicago, New York, and other bastions of progressive ideology.

America, as a whole, has issues. I get that you want to divide us up OP so you can mock one side while ignoring the problems of the other, but it isn't helping anyone.
Well stated.

Look at the crime rates, Democrats have no room to talk about any movement in collapse.

Old 07-17-2021, 03:50 AM

15,953 posts, read 12,365,662 times
Quote:
They are the antithesis of what they believe.

Culture is commercialized by multinational corporations, traditions are ignored in favor of progress, landmarks are destroyed by real-estate investors, all in the name of the free markets.

Conservatives are destroying themselves.

My father is what I'd consider a classical conservative... Fiscally responsible, if not frugal even, environmentally aware with a low carbon footprint, not addicted to drugs in any hardcore manner, just a few beers here and there. Physically fit. Moral and considerate. Takes responsibility for his actions. No criminal record... Very much boring by many people's standards.

Republicans on the other hand can be drug addicts (alcohol mostly), wasteful, irresponsible, and certainly not fiscally disciplined...just look how they all support unlimited QE to pump up their asset bubbles and corporate welfare...

I would say conservatism does not equal the republican party which is more classically liberal. Conservatism doesn't exist within politics really... Some elements do here and there but no party encompasses it.

My father was always tought to clean his plate and so was I... To this day it amazes me how many people (mostly women I've noticed) will load up their plate at a buffet and throw away 2/3 of it. They must not be environmentalists.

Old 07-17-2021, 05:12 AM

3,005 posts, read 1,507,692 times
Quote:
Republican voting base is becoming less professional and more 'working-class'.
That is a healthy base with some future ahead, while the salary class base of the Democrats shrinks. Cancel culture is a lightly disguised plan of firing well paid employees without saying recession.

Old 07-17-2021, 05:33 AM

17,927 posts, read 13,874,219 times
Quote:
https://americanmind.org/salvo/conserving-collapse/

the Republican voting base is becoming less professional and more 'working-class'.
This is what is interesting to me about what is happening to Republicans. These same people were southern democrats and union democrats a few generations ago. The difference was that back then they had mistrust and contempt for their cooperate overlords.

Over time, as these people started switching to the Republican party they perceived that they were on the same side of the corporations and turned their ire to the government and specifically to entitlements and the people who receive them.

As your article states... as more corporations side with wokes will we see corporations go back on these people's enemy list? Or will we see corporations actually start catering to one side or the other.

For instance, Coke and Pepsi have gone woke...So will RC and Moon Pies soon become the hallmark of the Republican voter?

Old 07-17-2021, 05:35 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,079,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Pretty good analysis. Except, from what I’ve seen of Noem, she’s not a conservative, just another crazy Trumper.
Wrong Noem is great.

Old 07-17-2021, 05:37 AM

4,994 posts, read 2,003,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
My father is what I'd consider a classical conservative... Fiscally responsible, if not frugal even, environmentally aware with a low carbon footprint, not addicted to drugs in any hardcore manner, just a few beers here and there. Physically fit. Moral and considerate. Takes responsibility for his actions. No criminal record... Very much boring by many people's standards.

Republicans on the other hand can be drug addicts (alcohol mostly), wasteful, irresponsible, and certainly not fiscally disciplined...just look how they all support unlimited QE to pump up their asset bubbles and corporate welfare...

I would say conservatism does not equal the republican party which is more classically liberal. Conservatism doesn't exist within politics really... Some elements do here and there but no party encompasses it.

My father was always tought to clean his plate and so was I... To this day it amazes me how many people (mostly women I've noticed) will load up their plate at a buffet and throw away 2/3 of it. They must not be environmentalists.

A post of stereotypes with no connection to reality in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies