Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 11:08 AM

20,403 posts, read 20,079,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1; ........It's even funnier that white progressive university students don't believe blacks have decent access to their local DMV to get an ID.

Remember that YouTube gem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nope.
Well then, allow me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2LpFkVfYk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 11:22 AM

46,031 posts, read 27,702,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Of for Pete's sake. Black people want safe surroundings as much as any other person. Can we have safe communities and safe citizens?
Does Mayor Lightfoot want safe communities for her city? I'm not seeing her do much of anything to help the situation.

She's black, right?

Old 07-13-2021, 11:23 AM

46,031 posts, read 27,702,712 times
Quote:
Yes, yes, yes... “by the content of his character!” LMAO...

How many of you “individualists” sent back all those stimulus cheques you received? And you ALL got them so don’t tell me that you didn’t.

Fact is that you so-called individualists love the government teet as much as the rest of America.
Um... I paid for it. It's mine to begin with. Might as well get it back before waiting until I file next year.

I would rather be used for more useful things, but if they are giving back to me... OK.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:25 AM

9,892 posts, read 3,463,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Of for Pete's sake. Black people want safe surroundings as much as any other person. Can we have safe communities and safe citizens?

Not if the Democrats have any say in it. You really think after last summer's riots that The Party cares about the safety of citizens?

Old 07-13-2021, 11:30 AM

9,892 posts, read 3,463,453 times
Quote:
Yes, yes, yes... “by the content of his character!” LMAO...

How many of you “individualists” sent back all those stimulus cheques you received? And you ALL got them so don’t tell me that you didn’t.

Fact is that you so-called individualists love the government teet as much as the rest of America.
Since the government mandated the shutdown of large swaths of the economy, putting many out of work, the stimulus check was simply giving back some of what was taken by force (government being an entity of force).

I never got a check.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:37 AM

15,386 posts, read 12,738,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
If this doesn't red pill any of you woke Lefties, nothing will.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/report...ntifa-protests

You claim to speak for black people, but you are the biggest danger to them as you defund their police, and crime rises in minority neighborhoods.

A vast majority of blacks favor maintaining Police funding. A vast majority of blacks favor Voter ID laws. A vast majority of blacks consider PC politics to be dangerous.
You tell lefties to stop speaking for Black people and then you claim to speak for Black people.. smh

Old 07-13-2021, 12:01 PM

73,280 posts, read 63,215,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
You tell lefties to stop speaking for Black people and then you claim to speak for Black people.. smh
I've noticed that the people we hear the least from are Black people. Other than the protests, we don't hear very much from Black people on this.

Old 07-13-2021, 12:43 PM

3,537 posts, read 1,339,105 times
after reading the article i can imagine that person that wrote it maybe intentionally misrepresented what happened. It looks like black people got together to march/protest/rally against gun violence and the reported twisted it into "black people are protested 'defund the police'". The police were there trying to get photo-ops to look less racist. And antifa was probably doing their schtick.

another article states there were 2 separate rallies.
https://www.ktvu.com/news/stand-up-f...ounce-violence

Quote:
At the "Stand Up for a Safe Oakland" rally at Lake Merritt’s Amphitheater, an event the chief organize, he said combating violence will require a multi-pronged approach.

"Let’s stand up together, let’s unite, the department, violence prevention and the community, the three very important components," said Armstrong.

$18 million was recently redirected from the police budget to social services aimed a violence prevention, a move the chief has criticized.

He told the crowd police will now need the community to get actively involved in stopping the violence, and his supporters agree.

"I don’t know what that is for each and every one of you," said Father Jayson Landeza, Pastor of Saint Benedict Catholic Church. "That could be distinctly different for all of you, but do something instead of just complaining about all the different kinds of shortcomings our city has."

A separate rally organized by community groups and the Anti-Police Terror Project began as a caravan and ended as a BBQ at Lowell Park.

The crowd celebrated violence prevention efforts getting more financial backing.
Looks like the article in the OP is lying by making the claim the black people got together to support more police funding when that's not the case.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:31 PM

20,403 posts, read 20,079,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
after reading the article i can imagine that person that wrote it maybe intentionally misrepresented what happened. It looks like black people got together to march/protest/rally against gun violence and the reported twisted it into "black people are protested 'defund the police'". The police were there trying to get photo-ops to look less racist. And antifa was probably doing their schtick.

another article states there were 2 separate rallies.
https://www.ktvu.com/news/stand-up-f...ounce-violence

Looks like the article in the OP is lying by making the claim the black people got together to support more police funding when that's not the case.
They want less police funding? In Oakland of all places? WTH.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:37 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,937,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Have you not seen poll after poll, on both the Left and the Right, proving Black Americans want voter ID laws, and their police to be well funded?

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...or-misconduct/

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ntegrity-laws/

Perhaps you should reconsider where you get your "news".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies