Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2021, 04:46 PM

9,892 posts, read 3,458,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If California education officials have their way, generations of students may not know how to calculate an apartment’s square footage or the area of a farm field, but the “mathematics” of political agitation and organizing will be second nature to them. Encouraging those gifted in math to shine will be a distant memory.

This will be the result if a proposed mathematics curriculum framework, which would guide K-12 instruction in the Golden State’s public schools, is approved by California’s Instructional Quality Commission in meetings this week and in August and ratified by the state board of education later this year.

The framework recommends eight times that teachers use a troubling document, “A Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction: Dismantling Racism in Mathematics Instruction.” This manual claims that teachers addressing students’ mistakes forthrightly is a form of white supremacy.
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021...ics-classroom/

We are so doomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 04:48 PM

18,842 posts, read 7,746,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
We are so doomed.
Umm, no.

The teachers (and teachers Unions) trying to foist this ridiculous junk on the rest of us, are doomed.

They have already jumped out the 50th-floor window. They just haven't hit the ground yet. And they are cackling with glee as they go, cheering about "Look how fast we're going now!!!"

Old 07-06-2021, 05:10 PM

1,094 posts, read 503,001 times
This is why schools in the USA are also getting rid of standardized tests including the ACT, SAT and advanced-placement tests, it's "racist" to have those score differences and so even Yale, Princeton and the Ivy League schools are shutting down their standardized testing. Everything dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. I was dyslexic in school and these tests were very hard, it was frustrating that I could never get the good scores I studied for because of it, but that doesn't mean the tests were a bad idea. By getting a sense of what I could and couldn't do with my dyslexia, I was able to get a better idea of careers that would work, and that was a huge benefit. But now by getting rid of any indicator of differences between groups, US schools and universities are ruining kid's ability to find their own skills. This is the "gift" of mass immigration and diversity-- or is this maybe what the power elites always meant by "diversity is our strength".?

Old 07-06-2021, 05:14 PM

1,094 posts, read 503,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOoze View Post
Doesn't matter. Spent my whole life competing with Chinese, Russians and Indians because math scares americans.
Keep dumbing it down, plenty of well educated people from overseas to take those jobs.
That's not a solution either, the H-1B and other visas used to bring in tons of foreign workers don't just hurt Americans bad at math, they hurt even very competent Americans very good at math, science and other STEM career skills, but then see their salaries drop and their jobs disappear. Corporations in the US love using the excuse of "well educated people from overseas able to take those jobs" but they're full of hot air. Even with so many Americans bad at math, there are still more than enough Americans able to take good tech and STEM jobs partly because automation is getting rid of so many that there's a shortage of good jobs out there. Big Tech instead just loves to use the excuse of a worker shortage (after posting up job ads with an impossible skill set) to hire cheap labor from India and other countries to work at slave wages, replacing Americans who actually demand a living wage to raise their families with. It's a myth that Chinese, Russians and Indians do better STEM work than Americans, the most incompetent workers when I was a supervisor were almost always Bangladeshis or Indians who at best did the bare minimum, and even the "smart" ones on the H-1B visa barely had any idea what they were doing and just used cookie cutter coding guides with little original thought. We were often stuck fixing their mistakes months after a coding project got done.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:42 PM

24,822 posts, read 17,573,976 times
What is it with these fools? Minority kids are just as smart as white kids.. Biden told us so..... Why are they teaching down when they should be challenging the kids to achieve more and what about the kids that show promise in advanced math? Will they be deemed racists and not challenged.

What is going to become of America if these Lefty fools get their way? I guess as long as they can feel good about what they have done that is all we need?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies