Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 03:33 PM

6,842 posts, read 2,872,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ummmm, ..yeah. I think hitching a ride with some aliens on a starship might just maybe get me far enough away from here. This "demisexual" thing? When I was much younger I could feel attracted and aroused sexually by a woman I had just met and did. I guess they call that "recreational sex." These days I do have to have an emotional connection ala this "demisexual" thing. But I've never considered myself anything but arrow straight heterosexual.

This whole sexual orientation gender identity thing has me more confused than a chameleon in a bag of Skittles. I think I'll just stick with straight White male. It's worked so far and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

One can be demisexual and also straight.

Old 07-05-2021, 03:33 PM

5,680 posts, read 5,118,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Close, but no cigar...

Demi- is a prefix that means half, partially, or something that is slightly inferior. The prefix demi– is derived from the Old French word demi meaning half, derived from the Latin word dimidius.

Deca (International spelling as used by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures;[1] symbol: da) or deka (American spelling[2]) is a decimal unit prefix in the metric system denoting a factor of ten. The term is derived from the Greek déka (δέκα) meaning ten.

Demisexual people only feel sexually attracted to someone when they have an emotional bond with the person. They can be gay, straight, bisexual, or pansexual, and may have any gender identity. The prefix “demi” means half — which can refer to being halfway between sexual and asexual.
So after reading six pages of this, I come back to your explanation, which seems to illustrate best why she will not have much of a chance of having a date on any given Saturday and even less chance of getting laid at some point.

Still not sure why any of this is share-worthy, but I will wonder openly here how she’s ever going to learn who Mr. Right is unless she experiences a few Mr. Wrongs.

Old 07-05-2021, 05:37 PM

45,950 posts, read 27,593,320 times
From the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Honest to god I don’t know what to think anymore the world has gone mad! I swear one day I’m going to take a boat and sail to Gilligans Island. stay there until my dying days away from the insanity of lefts new world.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/andrew-cu...ela-demisexual
God's judgment.

The process.

Romans 1:21
- For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Romans 1:24
- Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.

Romans 1:26-27 - God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

Romans 1:28-31 - God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful

In other words, God's judgment during this time means He just gets out of the way and lets people go off the rails on their own.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:39 PM

5,982 posts, read 2,941,135 times
If it makes her happy, and doesn't hurt anyone, who cares?

Old 07-06-2021, 02:44 PM

5,376 posts, read 3,279,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Left wing lunacy continues. All a distraction
So, to be clear, someone took the time out of their day to log onto a website to complain about someone calling themselves a "demisexual" (whatever that means) is rational?

But it's the "left wing lunacy" that irks ya. Wouldn't you say getting worked up and wasting time on something that doesn't bother you one bit is kinda lunacy in and of itself?

I don't understand people who get so worked up over something that will never, ever affect their lives.

Proper response is "Demisexual? Cool." Then move on with your life.

I have no idea what it means. I didn't and won't even take the time to Google it, that's how low it is on my list of things that I need to be concerned with.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:14 PM

10,059 posts, read 9,576,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
If it makes her happy, and doesn't hurt anyone, who cares?
Apparently she and the media feel the world must know.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:19 PM

10,059 posts, read 9,576,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I thought “demi” meant ten. So she’s saying that likes to have sex with 10 of the 54 different genders.
Ironically, that’s how many women accused Andrew Cuomo of sexual misconduct. Hmmm..

Old 07-06-2021, 06:29 PM

6,014 posts, read 2,951,733 times
" demi " means she. her, they ,or what ever likes it by 10 ,you figure what ten she, he, they, like

Old 07-06-2021, 07:07 PM

6,544 posts, read 6,764,268 times
From the article:
"Kennedy-Cuomo said she has "always dreamed of a world in which nobody will have to come out, because everybody’s sexuality will be assumed fluid."

She can dream on. Much to the chagrin of those pushing the woke agenda, heterosexuality is the norm. And yes, I'm aware of "The Kinsey Scale." I just don't believe it's true.

Old 07-06-2021, 08:15 PM

15,059 posts, read 6,229,959 times
A what??? I can’t keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies