Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 06:12 PM

2,050 posts, read 893,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
They did not record all of the deaths.

In particular, the Catholic church is historically a great recorder of all events in their parishes......but they clearly chose not to record all of the deaths.

And not all of the deaths were in marked graves.

The whole historical context is absolutely horrific. It just is.

No Canadian citizens, government and churches today aren't guilty of carrying out the horrific acts of removing the kids from their homes, trying to erase their heritage and in many cases making those kids victims of abuse.

But we have to acknowledge the events that have resulted in indigenous communities that struggle with social issues we could never understand.

It's horrific.

It's heartbreaking.

My husband grew up out west and said the racism against indigenous was underlying everywhere int he 60's. 'They' were villified, marginalized, etc. They just were.

Canadian in general recognize the past mistakes and are struggling to come to terms with it. I think that's a healthy approach to finding out how badly these children, families, people were treated.

The grave sites were marked at one time, the reserves were given the documents giving the locations of those who were buried at those graves, the communities were encouraged to remark those graves but didn't, and your being gaslighted by the local leaders to further their radical interests.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7996606/c...-graves-chief/

Old 07-02-2021, 06:44 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,058,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
MLK Jr. was an ardent homophobe and womanizer.

Will they be tearing down his statues soon?

Almost every bigger city in the nation has an "MLK" boulevard. Rename?
Yes...HE'S NEXT ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Cannot just acknowledge the past, and continue the modernization and enlightenment of human civilization, can they? No. They must continuously commit mob violence and be perpetually outraged over the past.
Pent up energy of the 'Lost and Lazy' ---has to come out somewhere. AND IF authorities don't lock them up, they will continue to destroy everything they can --- Its the only thing they have to look forward to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And the irony is, much of it didn't even happen the way it is now stated by "historians" (aka liars) who manufacture Fake History by filtering and cherry picking and in some cases, fabricating.
Indeed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The Insanity Plague that has hit the US is spreading throughout the world. It's similar to mad cow disease and results in a complete breakdown of the infectee's mental faculties. Symptoms include drooling, convulsions, a profound drop in IQ, clownlike dress and hair colorings, but worst of all, it causes modern liberalism. Which, of course, is a death sentence for the mind.
Not sure i can point the figure to the United States. Lots of other countries WAY MORE LIBERAL than the US. But, i would have to agree (it seems) the free world looks to Uncle Sam for direction and leadership ("which is amazing considering who's at the helm).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Globalists want a one world government.. They have to destroy all identification of a country and its history to do that. They want a one party system to control all countries. No sovereignty , no borders, no flags, no anthems, no culture, no identity . A global citizen has no country, no roots, no history, no tradition, no culture. Nothing. Just opened borders and everyone the same. They need to take down the rich countries people to a much lower level to accomplish their one world government. It is happening today around the world and in the United States because we are too rich, and they need us to hate our country and love the world.
In short----Globalist want a one world government that looks like China~!

Old 07-02-2021, 06:56 PM

33,646 posts, read 37,349,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It wasn't just the Catholic Church -- other churches/religions also operated residential schools.

And they represent colonization/ (they being the monarchy)
And the govt. was most definitely complicit in taking the children out of their homes.

Maybe do some more reading before you step into something you know nothing about.
The churches we merely contracted by the federal government to run the schools.

Prime Minister John A Macdonald authorized the creation of new residential schools and granted government funds for those that were already in place. Macdonald, like others in the government administration, was very clear about the need to break the connection between the students and their communities: “When the school is on the reserve, the child lives with his parents who are savages; he is surrounded by savages, and though he may learn to read and write, his habits and training and mode of thought are Indian. He is simply a savage who can read and write.”

https://www.facinghistory.org/stolen...ential-schools

Old 07-02-2021, 07:04 PM

16,622 posts, read 10,819,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Thanks for posting and allowing me the chance to clarify!

I do NOT support tearing down the statues. The two issues (horror at what was done and tearing down the states) are separate issues in my mind, and I should have made that clear. When I wrote, "But about this kind of thing, I am very much on the side of the liberals/leftists", I meant about their outrage about what happened to the children." I am very sorry that I was not more clear, and that was entirely my fault.

I have nothing but respect for Queen Elizabeth II, and there is also much to admire about Queen Victoria.
Thank you, I greatly appreciate your clarification.

Old 07-02-2021, 07:37 PM

15,291 posts, read 7,808,528 times
Quote:
I think once you replace enough of your population, the old myths are forgotten & memorials are obliterated to demonize the old majority & justify the rise of the new rulers of a land.

Wokism crystallizes during the population shift - allows the old majority to moralize their dispossession & allows them some sort of status in the new order as loyal collaborators.
https://twitter.com/Peter_Nimitz/sta...92087818899464

Old 07-02-2021, 07:43 PM

53,581 posts, read 35,297,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Maybe I'm misreading your post, but you do know the British monarchy has nothing to do with the Roman Catholic church?
sad that you have to school a Canadian on Canadian history.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:01 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,720,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I was -- and still am -- HORRIFIED at the discovery of the remains of all those innocent children.

But now I am wondering -- what will be next as far as people trying to right past wrongs? (As if this kind of unjustified murder could EVER be made right -- just like what the U.S. did to its indigenous people can never be "made right"!)

Maybe this is being overly dramatic, but are we seeing the beginning of the end of the monarchy? Will Canada now form a new government?

As most of you who follow P&OC know, I am a conservative (but NOT a Trump supporter!) -- but about this kind of thing, I am very much on the side of the liberals/leftists!
Why? This government had nothing to do with residential schools.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Why? This government had nothing to do with residential schools.
I think the poster believes that Canada is still a monarchy....

Old 07-02-2021, 08:28 PM

2,050 posts, read 893,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think the poster believes that Canada is still a monarchy....
It is a constitutional monarchy. Last time I checked the Queen was still represented by the Governor General.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northofnowhere View Post
It is a constitutional monarchy. Last time I checked the Queen was still represented by the Governor General.
The Queen does not play an active role in Canadian politics, and her powers are mostly symbolic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies