Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 11:17 AM

43,274 posts, read 18,408,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Why only pilots? If this were really a big concern, we'd be seeing clotting issues in flight attendants and passengers, too. Is that the case?
The CDC is looking into problems with the vaccines and blood clots among males.
Pilots tend to be males and would probably be in the air at higher altitudes for much longer than passengers.

Remember we have ZERO long term data on these vaccines.
We are the test group and any LT problems are going to be coming out from now and maybe for the next couple of years.

Old 06-23-2021, 11:17 AM

19,881 posts, read 9,431,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well known and "reputable"...like CNN, MSNBC and the likes ?
Do you really think they are going to print stories of people dying after getting vaccinated ???

THINK.....

Your "reputable" MSM sources are anything but ....
They have been telling you for so long that any other news source is not reputable and you should only believe them.
And here you are.....
I have the same opinion as you do about CNN, et al. But I have never even heard of the link that I provided, which was the only source that I was able to find. Can you provide a better source?

Old 06-23-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I have the same opinion as you do about CNN, et al. But I have never even heard of the link that I provided, which was the only source that I was able to find. Can you provide a better source?
A better source than British Airways saying 4 of their pilots died ?

Well Reuters say this isn't true...those 4 pilots died and it was unrelated to their vaccines.
Snopes says "false" and conspiracy theory that the deaths are linked to vaccine.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:02 PM

78,606 posts, read 60,797,576 times
Quote:
Well known and "reputable"...like CNN, MSNBC and the likes ?
Do you really think they are going to print stories of people dying after getting vaccinated ???

THINK.....

Your "reputable" MSM sources are anything but ....
They have been telling you for so long that any other news source is not reputable and you should only believe them.
And here you are.....
Those four could have died carpooling to work in a crash and people would be leaving that out and citing that they were vaccinated and suddenly died.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:04 PM

5,076 posts, read 2,289,170 times
While I have an issue with the OP’s title, I also have an issue with claiming the deaths of these four pilots have zero link to the vaccine. How likely is it for the four of them, in the prime of life, to all have suddenly died “just because”?

We can’t say it was the vaccine, but we absolutely can’t say it wasn’t, either. Was there any other commonality between them?

Old 06-23-2021, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Those four could have died carpooling to work in a crash and people would be leaving that out and citing that they were vaccinated and suddenly died.
Happened over the course of a week.
Twitter, Facebook and Instagram censored pics of the memorials for them.."false information"
Within 24 hours of this being reported Reuters did a "fact check" and labeled this as false news.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:15 PM

8,420 posts, read 4,589,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Why only pilots? If this were really a big concern, we'd be seeing clotting issues in flight attendants and passengers, too. Is that the case?

Pilots tend to... fly the plane. Flight attendants and passengers not so much.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:19 PM

5,076 posts, read 2,289,170 times
Quote:
Happened over the course of a week.
Twitter, Facebook and Instagram censored pics of the memorials for them.."false information"
Within 24 hours of this being reported Reuters did a "fact check" and labeled this as false news.
So I took a look, and the fact check only says that British Airways is not in any talks. It does not deny that there was a memorial service for four pilots or that the image of the pilots’ photos and ‘condolence books’ is false. There is, OF COURSE, a denial that any of the deaths had anything to do with the vaccine.

This is why some of us are becoming even more reluctant to take the jab, rather than less so. There’s no way four pilots in their 30’s-50’s just all up and die within a week of each other. Just once, I’d like to see some kind of statement admitting that there is a possibility, however small, that a vaccine did harm. This crazy insistence that all these side effects that are being reported, with the correlation in timing, and in these numbers, is “normal”... well, is it surprising that people question it?

Yes, even if they’re related to the vaccine, it’s a small percentage overall. But guess what? The percentage of healthy 30-50 year olds that are going to have serious side effects from Covid is also a small percentage. I’m distrustful if the over-the-too push and the bribery for the vaccine as well.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:27 PM

11,232 posts, read 8,325,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
While I have an issue with the OP’s title, I also have an issue with claiming the deaths of these four pilots have zero link to the vaccine. How likely is it for the four of them, in the prime of life, to all have suddenly died “just because”?

We can’t say it was the vaccine, but we absolutely can’t say it wasn’t, either. Was there any other commonality between them?
More likely than you'd think.

VSauce (I think) has a good video on coincidence, and how likely seemingly unlikely things can be.

I think this is it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHCHEykUxP4

FWIW, I can't usually watch VSauce. He annoys the bejeepers out of me, but he makes some good points.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:34 PM

41,998 posts, read 75,328,187 times
Wow, this thread is a lame premise, lame even for BB.

Neither link supports the headline nor the opening post.

FAIL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies