Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 10:47 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,657,724 times

Advertisements

So, I'm wondering if this vaccine is so great, why are those scared of unvaccinated people? Shouldn't they be walking around so safe. Even the CDC (joke, how hasn't been right) says vaccinated people are super heroes, I mean so safe from ever getting sick and dying again. But why are they so afraid of people that don't get the same experimental shot?

All I hear is how everyone needs this even those that have natural immunity.

Old 06-14-2021, 11:59 PM

39,889 posts, read 26,566,286 times
I think it's a combination of things. First, in spite of the fact that many are oh-so-convinced that we must force or coerce others into getting the vaccine-they in fact don't trust it's effectiveness to protect themselves. It's also a fact that a great many people lack critical thinking skills, let alone basic math skills, and instead of researching or even thinking about what makes sense, they buy into the FUD promoted by the MSM. Third, though many won't admit it-they want a populace that is compliant to the dictates of those in positions of power, and feel threatened by any that question established dogma.

And the meek shall inherit the earth. We're seeing in front of our own eyes how the world's worst totalitarians rose to power.

Old 06-15-2021, 12:55 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,251,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
So, I'm wondering if this vaccine is so great, why are those scared of unvaccinated people? Shouldn't they be walking around so safe. Even the CDC (joke, how hasn't been right) says vaccinated people are super heroes, I mean so safe from ever getting sick and dying again. But why are they so afraid of people that don't get the same experimental shot?

All I hear is how everyone needs this even those that have natural immunity.

I am not scared of what they can do to me. I am scared of they can do to this economy.

We are now on track to have a booming re-opening but then almost a hundred people got infected attending a gun show. Couple days later, another tens got infected at a Qanon rally. Now suddenly I'm waking up to the stock market tanking, the MSM asking if we're turning into India, politicians floating the idea of slowing the re-opening, the VIX shot through the roof, people buying out toilet paper, my trip got cancelled because panic people cancelled their flights, etc.

All because the right-wing anti-vaxx people don't have the decency to protect themselves and help the communities.

Old 06-15-2021, 01:07 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,517,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I am not scared of what they can do to me. I am scared of they can do to this economy.

We are now on track to have a booming re-opening but then almost a hundred people got infected attending a gun show. Couple days later, another tens got infected at a Qanon rally. Now suddenly I'm waking up to the stock market tanking, the MSM asking if we're turning into India, politicians floating the idea of slowing the re-opening, the VIX shot through the roof, people buying out toilet paper, my trip got cancelled because panic people cancelled their flights, etc.

All because the right-wing anti-vaxx people don't have the decency to protect themselves and help the communities.

The right wing anti wax??? Are they the ones you think are the " anti waxers".

Old 06-15-2021, 01:10 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,251,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
The right wing anti wax??? Are they the ones you think are the " anti waxers".
Which group has been saying the virus is nothing more than a flu? Liberals are using it to control us? The vaccine has chips in it or it magnetizes you? Not getting the vaccine is one of the ways to own the libs?

Old 06-15-2021, 01:14 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,665,415 times
Two reasons...1.) No vaccine is 100% effective. 2.) Outbreaks (with possible variants) are more likely among unvaccinated, yet pose a continuous threat to all.

Link here...
https://www.chop.edu/news/feature-ar...ople-pose-risk

Last edited by Fisherman99; 06-15-2021 at 01:26 AM..

Old 06-15-2021, 01:14 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,947,355 times
Quote:
Which group has been saying the virus is nothing more than a flu? Liberals are using it to control us? The vaccine has chips in it or it magnetizes you? Not getting the vaccine is one of the ways to own the libs?

Yep. That said at work I am going unmasked. I'm vaccinated. That said I am not going into a store without a mask, just in case the store doesn't allow going in without it. After spending a week in Disney World with the mask on most times (in buildings, in queues, on rides, on transportation. )

Old 06-15-2021, 01:40 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,517,585 times
Quote:

I haven't talked to a single person that thinks the vaccine has a chip in it. That's the crazy talk from a few and they are always going to be a little crazy and always have been. I only hear about them on the internet? Like here on CD.

Of the people I know personally, and the people I meet who refuse the vaccine are mostly minorities. And they are usually not Trump Supporters or right wing. I'm workning in healthcare and I work in a couple of hospitals in in Chicago. One on them in the North Lawndale neighborhood so I have patients from all walks of life.

I do however think conservatives and libertarians have a tendency to ask more questions and be more suspicious. Which is a good thing I belive.

Old 06-15-2021, 01:53 AM

2,335 posts, read 817,439 times
I think the title of the thread is a strawman. Who said people are scared? That's the same nonsense I hear from the pro-vaccine crowd saying people are scared to get the shot.

I think ultimately, the pro-vaccine group wants those that haven't had the shot to get it to create "herd immunity". Those that don't want the shot have concerns about the long range effects of the vaccine. In addition, most understand that getting to the 90% Fauci wants is not possible.

Perhaps both sides of the argument can just stop with the labeling at some point. It really is childish.

Old 06-15-2021, 03:09 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,680,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Where in the world did you pick up such nonsense? I got vaccinated so as not to fear unvaccinated people who may have covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies