Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 02:46 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Thanks for the laugh, you Democrats take the comedy too far. I guess you were in a coma for 8 years under Obama.
Obama didn't use the justice dept. as a political weapon. Under Obama, the Justice Dept. was independent as it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
so let me get this straight, Democrats using the legislative branch to investigate Trump and his family and administration = GOOD. Trump using the executive Branch to investigate Congress for leaks to the media = bad.

Didn't Obama secretly obtained telephone records of journalists to go after the whistle blowers in his administration?

How is that legal and the allegations of Trump illegal? At least Barr testified under oath. Holder took the 5th when he was questioned by Congress.

You Democrats crack me up.
Can you post a link for above in bold?

Old 06-11-2021, 02:53 PM

13,495 posts, read 4,313,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Obama had some executive power abuses (mostly against reporters), but nothing this bad.
so Obama going after reporters and secretly taking their emails and phone records to go after the whistle blowers exposing his administration is nothing bad?

just in 2013, the Obama administration obtained the records of 20 Associated Press office phone lines and reporters’ home and cell phones, seizing them without notice But that is nothing bad?

Under Mr. Obama, the Justice Department and the F.B.I. have spied on reporters by monitoring their phone records, labeled 1 journalist an unindicted co-conspirator, in a criminal case for simply doing reporting and issued subpoenas to other reporters to try to force them to reveal their sources and testify in criminal cases.

In a 2013 report for the Committee to Protect Journalists, Leonard Downie, a former executive editor of The Washington Post who now teaches at Arizona State University, said the war on leaks and other efforts to control information was “the most aggressive I’ve seen since the Nixon administration, when I was one of the editors involved in The Washington Post’s investigation of Watergate.”

A liberal newspaper and liberal journalists accusing Obama as bad since Nixon but you say nothing bad. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 06-11-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Can you post a link for above in bold?
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/o...ank-obama.html

I'm bringing liberal newspapers so you won't put your head in the sand quick and shut down my argument.

Old 06-11-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Obama didn't use the justice dept. as a political weapon. Under Obama, the Justice Dept. was independent as it should be.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ff/f3...a2be1ff458.jpg

The Obama administration used the 1917 Espionage Act with unprecedented vigor, prosecuting more people under that law for leaking sensitive information to the public than all previous administrations combined. Obama’s Justice Department dug into confidential communications between news organizations and their sources as part of that effort.

https://apnews.com/article/health-il...47e0da6ff19f95

Old 06-11-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ff/f3...a2be1ff458.jpg

The Obama administration used the 1917 Espionage Act with unprecedented vigor, prosecuting more people under that law for leaking sensitive information to the public than all previous administrations combined. Obama’s Justice Department dug into confidential communications between news organizations and their sources as part of that effort.

https://apnews.com/article/health-il...47e0da6ff19f95
So you are defending trump by claiming the MAGA plan was to emulate Obama?

Old 06-11-2021, 03:13 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,782,694 times
Trump’s whole government was corrupt. He was spying on the Biden campaign.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:14 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
took only four post til "whataboutism" reared itself.

If its common practice to do something illegal, then I guess its okay eh?
Hardly.

Barr has shown himself time and again. Fork tongue and all.

Let him distance himself from american soil.
Barr may distance himself far, far away if the N.Y. Special District Court gets on his trail.

Trump lost his affection for his AG the minute Barr refused to allow Trump AG permission to launch his insurrection, and Barr has been on his hit list, right below Pence, ever since.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
So you are defending trump by claiming the MAGA plan was to emulate Obama?
that's not the point since I let the Justice Department investigate all allegations since Democrats control the branch. You have little faith in Garland and his boss?

Let me try again, I want to get people, especially Liberals on the record to say what is legal and what is not. If you didn't have a problem with what Obama and Holder did for 8 years then it's hard to take you serious when you accuse Trump of the same thing.

I'm not defending Trump since nobody has all the facts, I'm willing to accept that's the Justice Department's job but the system looks fraud if it's legal for 1 and illegal for another on different sides of politics.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trump’s whole government was corrupt. He was spying on the Biden campaign.
and Obama wasn't spying on the Trump campaign? is this the liberal double rule?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies