Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 06:26 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,798,897 times

Advertisements

That CNN interviewer needs to get better control of her facial expressions. She is dripping with judgement and sanctimony. Especially with the nurse. What happened to applauding health care heroes? While the CNN talking head was working in a newsroom, the nurse was face to face with Covid for a whole year saving people! She's earned the right to decide about the vaccine.

Every one of those people had a rational reason to not get the shots. Especially the lady who had Covid and the guy who got the shot, and then got Covid. Both had Covid, no need for the shots. Everyone else is entitled to choose what injections go into their bodies, for any reason.

The bobblehead news lady just can't get over the fact that people came to a different conclusion than her.

Where was her interview with colleague Chris Cuomo who drove around the Hamptons while sick with Covid. She didn't use her sour grapes judgement face on him.

At least CNN gets credit for finding normal people with normal concerns, not the fringe.

Last edited by kmom2; 06-05-2021 at 06:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2021, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I have no right to know whether or not that nurse is vaccinated. I don’t get to demand to know his/her other health status, nor should I.

Just to be clear on a few things: I lost two brothers, a nephew, and extended family members in the early months of the virus. My adult sons were both vaccine trial volunteers because of those family members losses and they felt it was important to have minority volunteers. Every eligible member in my family, including siblings and their families, are now fully vaccinated with the exception of one - me. I can’t get the vaccine for health reason. I got a second and then a third opinion on the subject and was told the same thing all three times. I also have multiple co-morbidities that put me at high risk. But you know what, my last major hospitalization was over the flu, I didn’t get to demand everyone take the flu shot, so it’s not like I don’t know what it’s like to be worried that other people’s health can impact my life.

So, yeah....
My body, my choice.
Her body, her choice.
Your body, your choice.
If you are concerned continue wearing your mask and social distancing.
I'm so sorry to hear that. This virus has been brutal to so many. It was heroic of your sons to volunteer in the trials.

Old 06-05-2021, 09:15 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,387,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I have no right to know whether or not that nurse is vaccinated. I don’t get to demand to know his/her other health status, nor should I.

Just to be clear on a few things: I lost two brothers, a nephew, and extended family members in the early months of the virus. My adult sons were both vaccine trial volunteers because of those family members losses and they felt it was important to have minority volunteers. Every eligible member in my family, including siblings and their families, are now fully vaccinated with the exception of one - me. I can’t get the vaccine for health reason. I got a second and then a third opinion on the subject and was told the same thing all three times. I also have multiple co-morbidities that put me at high risk. But you know what, my last major hospitalization was over the flu, I didn’t get to demand everyone take the flu shot, so it’s not like I don’t know what it’s like to be worried that other people’s health can impact my life.

So, yeah....
My body, my choice.
Her body, her choice.
Your body, your choice.
If you are concerned continue wearing your mask and social distancing.
So sorry for all of your losses. Bravo to your sons.

Old 06-05-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you are a patient should you have the choice to refuse care by an unvaccinated nurse? My body, my choice?
Sure, why not. Your body, your choice.

Old 06-05-2021, 02:36 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,862,155 times
I would prefer not to be treated by a vaccinated nurse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you are a patient should you have the choice to refuse care by an unvaccinated nurse? My body, my choice?

Old 06-05-2021, 03:21 PM

30,437 posts, read 19,211,902 times
I seriously doubt CNN would allow 6 minutes of truth on their channel....really bad for their business reputation of being the most untrusted news source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies