Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 11:26 AM

46,979 posts, read 26,026,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Ok, show me a video of a violent confrontation, of that say western nation, where their cops are brutally murdered by a felon armed with a rifle during routine traffic stop.

I have all day.
I thought a well-armed population was supposed to prevent agents of government from killing their own citizens?

Anyway, it's not as if other countries don't encounter armed criminals. They're just trained to go BLAMBLAMBLAM as a last resort. (Trained longer, and better, too.)

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 06-03-2021 at 11:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2021, 11:33 AM

8,946 posts, read 2,969,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I thought a well-armed population was supposed to prevent agents of government from killing their own citizens?
Some citizens deserve to be killed.

Sorry.

Old 06-03-2021, 12:11 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
The same people that like to point out the high level of gun violence for the US vs. other western nations are now tying themselves in illogical knots as to why our police might have more gun-fights during encounters than other countries....being solely the fault of our own police.

Yeah, when police aren't there we might have a gun violence rate 4-5x higher....but once the police get there those same individuals should behave exactly the same as in the lower gun violence nations?

Bwah hah hah hah....when people utterly abandon logic to push politics it's like watching penguins trying to run.

P.S. I guess we just should train our police all like Bangor, Maine does...because they have so few problems. Certainly don't want to train our police like the ones that have to patrol the Ausin neighborhood of Chicago that recorded 70 murders per 100k residents last year...because let's assume all the populations are the same all over the US...heck all over the globe. lol.

Last edited by Mathguy; 06-03-2021 at 12:48 PM..

Old 06-03-2021, 12:12 PM

727 posts, read 305,115 times
I love the anti-police crowd, they are the same ones who frantically call 9-1-1 when someone backs into their car at Starbucks.

Old 06-03-2021, 01:01 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,384,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
I love the anti-police crowd, they are the same ones who frantically call 9-1-1 when someone backs into their car at Starbucks.
Simpletons have simple minds.

Being critical of police brutality and calling for reform when it comes to the use of force != being anti police.

Old 06-03-2021, 01:15 PM

727 posts, read 305,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Simpletons have simple minds.

Being critical of police brutality and calling for reform when it comes to the use of force != being anti police.
Simple minds form opinions on YouTube videos and social media posts, not real world experience and education. You are not educated on the use of force, I am. I did the job for over 2 decades. I went to school, I am very well educated on the use of force.

You cherry pick these examples to fit your narrative.

Old 06-03-2021, 01:18 PM

14,234 posts, read 4,602,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Anyway, it's not as if other countries don't encounter armed criminals. They're just trained to go BLAMBLAMBLAM as a last resort. (Trained longer, and better, too.)
Still waiting for videos of those “well trained” cops from other western nations dealing with dangerous nut bags during routine traffic stop

*cricket* is all I heard

Last edited by Du Ma; 06-03-2021 at 01:34 PM..

Old 06-03-2021, 01:26 PM

14,234 posts, read 4,602,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The same people that like to point out the high level of gun violence for the US vs. other western nations are now tying themselves in illogical knots as to why our police might have more gun-fights during encounters than other countries....being solely the fault of our own police.

Yeah, when police aren't there we might have a gun violence rate 4-5x higher....but once the police get there those same individuals should behave exactly the same as in the lower gun violence nations?

Bwah hah hah hah....when people utterly abandon logic to push politics it's like watching penguins trying to run.

P.S. I guess we just should train our police all like Bangor, Maine does...because they have so few problems. Certainly don't want to train our police like the ones that have to patrol the Ausin neighborhood of Chicago that recorded 70 murders per 100k residents last year...because let's assume all the populations are the same all over the US...heck all over the globe. lol.
Agree.

Those are the same idiots who cry foul when someone brings up the covid infection rate between NYC and a small city of Boonieville in fly-over conservative state like Nebraska because their argument is NYC is bigger and has many international hubs compare to Boonieville, Nebraska.

And then they come around and compare why American police are faster to shoot than cops from other western nations without mentioning other factors like American cops deal with much more violent gun crimes than other nations

Old 06-03-2021, 01:42 PM

24,512 posts, read 17,260,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
You cannot compare Law Enforcement in other countries with the USA, the culture is different, everything is different.

I was thinking that. Anyone can cherry pick Police incidents to highlight their argument.

I would counter the OP's accusation that Police in America are heavy handed and looking for a fight or as some would tell us, a chance to blow away a black man...

France and other countries in the EU do treat criminals with kids gloves but this is not so in the Middle East, much of the Orient, the Continent of Africa as well as Central and South America.

I think the Police in America for the most part are good people that are willingly working a difficult job to serve their communities.

The problem today is that we don't have asylums for the crazies and the do gooder politicians are opening up the prisons as well as the border to "help" which puts the good people in more danger.

Call me a Heathen but I think when someone steps outside of humanity and commits terrible crimes such as murder and rape they should be taken out.

Old 06-03-2021, 01:47 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,463,520 times
This ain't Rocket Science... just check out the NRA-FOX News-RW 'Gun Culture', with endless vids showing "The Good Guy With A GUN",and endlessly encouraging Fear and the Amygdala's Fight-Or-Flight response (aka, neurotransmitter 'fix'), at every opportunity. And cops aren't 'immune' either, especially in today's more 'militarized' law enforcement, with many even recruited from returning soldiers. So now even the simplest encounter still carries the 'possibility' (no matter how remote), of deciding 'Life or Death'.

Also there's usually some police training re: how to deal with mentally ill folks, who are frequently the 'source' of many of these sortsa calls. But these days it appears to be either totally lacking or at least 'inadequate', if every time a cop encounters a crazy person, the only 'alternative' is to shoot 'em?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies