Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2021, 05:22 AM

4,994 posts, read 2,002,868 times

Advertisements

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...ine-finds.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 06:39 AM

6,455 posts, read 2,780,634 times
Interesting Report but nothing really new or what may be considered surprising as it seems a bit skewed.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pmrj.12624

This report studied 288 people that were in one Hospital over a period of just over one month. The report summary lists the ages as 20-95. However, the mean age was 66 which indicates that the number of patients was significantly skewed to older adults.

It is known that COVID, as with most illnesses and medical issues, can be more critical in older patients. Something that would cause a 20-year-old minor issues, could cause death in a 95-year-old. However, this report treated a 20-year-old in the same category as a 95-year-old.

Missing information in this report is how does the issues caused by COVID compare to issues caused by other conditions?

40% of the "participants" weren't even evaluated while they were in the hospital. Meaning how could they determine any sort of functional decline?

Old 06-02-2021, 09:56 AM

10,056 posts, read 4,790,389 times
A lot of people leave a prolonged hospital stay in a state of decline which is why physical therapy is as important as procedures & pills.

Having know several hospitalized prior to virus they were anxious to get them out of the hospital especially if they weren't under going treatment. They said every day in bed is 3 days of doing nothing. In other words muscles atrophy and any conditioning the patient had prior will decline as well. That's why laying around the house is no good. This is also many a kid is obese or chubby. Just like kids should be forced out to play patients should be prescribed as much and as aggressive pt as possible. I've seen 80 plus old seniors benefit and improve with therapy beyond their original state.

My guess is many of those patient giving co morbidity issues were already compromised physically ie fitness & function.

Old 06-02-2021, 10:36 AM

6,312 posts, read 3,493,234 times
The vast majority of poor Covid outcomes were obese individuals with at least one other comorbidity.

I’m sorry if this offends, but your inability to deal with a type of flu virus is not my concern. Nor is it my concern that you are obese in the first place.

I feel like I definitely had Covid, but it didn’t affect me at all other than normal flu like symptoms. But if I would’ve had a bad outcome, that isn’t your problem at all.

Masks don’t work, vaccines are unnecessary for the vast majority of people, and we never should have locked down. I hope we learned our lesson for the future. But I suspect we haven’t because there was obviously ulterior motives at play during this whole thing. Remaking society, environmental concerns, and ousting Trump.

There will be ulterior motives at play when we inevitably run into the next fake pandemic.

Old 06-02-2021, 01:15 PM

10,056 posts, read 4,790,389 times
Apparently it was revealed in a Fauci email in March 2020 that most deaths in Italy were from patients who had commorbidities. 99% of patients who died in Italy had comorbidities, they knew early in the virus/US. And yet ....

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ds-interviews/

Old 06-02-2021, 02:14 PM

20,039 posts, read 9,581,135 times
What else would one expect when the great majority of those who are hospitalized with COVID are either very old or were in very poor health even before they became infected with COVID (or both)?

I truly am sorry for those in very poor health. However, my sympathy ends when those who are in ill health due to their own choices (smoking, overeating) or who are over 85 who expect the rest of us to greatly restrict our lives and the lives of our children to save theirs. (And I am NOT talking about wearing masks, but about keeping children home from in-person learning.

If you (the general you) care so much about prolonging your life, then in my opinion, it is up to you to take most of the responsibility to ensure that you do live a long time.

(And, yes, I am aware that some apparently healthy people have died from COVID, but I am not talking about those people.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies