Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 09:09 PM

33,334 posts, read 12,657,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Why would Americans consider another healthcare system substandard when they know absolutely nothing about other systems first hand?
Why would they disregard ALL studies showing their system as inferior to those others in both access and performance.
Why would Americans consider any other system substandard when fully 40% of them are reluctant to use their own; sometimes until it's too late.
Why would Americans consider another system substandard that covers everyone when over 30 million of their fellow citizens are uninsured?

Where is the logic in thinking that the taxation rate will increase and equate to the over 15K a family of four routinely pays for an insurance that still has deductibles, copays and sometime denials? Americans are already paying three times more for their healthcare.

Surely just those major faults, among a boatload of others, with a system they believe to be superior should show them they might be mistaken?
Because many Americans don’t care about what is beneficial for the society as a whole when it comes to healthcare. Getting the best care possible ASAP for their own families is what is important to them. If fewer people are able to get access, that just means less competition for appointments, etc., and people in other countries being puzzled, condescending, or a myriad of other things doesn’t effect that.

I’m just playing devil’s advocate, but I think quite a few Americans feel that way.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:10 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,618,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
If you're against Obamacare, single-payer, and Medicare For All, do you consider that it's a bad idea because it's a government takeover of medical care?

If so, the chances are that you were cleverly manipulated by Frank Luntz, a Republican pollster who tested various biased phrases, and advocated the phrase "government takeover" as the best to scare people off.

Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'
In the spring of 2009, a Republican strategist settled on a brilliant and powerful attack line for President Barack Obama's ambitious plan to overhaul America's health insurance system. Frank Luntz, a consultant famous for his phraseology, urged GOP leaders to call it a "government takeover."

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...r-health-care/
No, but I am against forcing other people to pay for your health care.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:12 PM

15,949 posts, read 12,344,839 times
I'm somewhat in favor of it...but it works best in homogenous nations with a hard working populace...it's almost a requirement to keep things solvent. In a mixed melting pot where a third the population doesn't contribute? It will not work. Not unless we have all necessary jobs filled. In a labor shortage to have a large percentage on government benefits sucking from the system... It will not work. You'll have a year long waiting list to get simple procedures done. We really need to weed out these people who are entitled to have everything paid for in their life without contributing.

I repasted some posts by a former USSR communist a few weeks back...everyone must work in such a system...some people say they pretend the work and the government pretends to pay you....whatever. "Attempting to evade work is a prosecutable offense."

Old 06-01-2021, 09:15 PM

33,334 posts, read 12,657,900 times
Quote:
If you're against Obamacare, single-payer, and Medicare For All, do you consider that it's a bad idea because it's a government takeover of medical care?

If so, the chances are that you were cleverly manipulated by Frank Luntz, a Republican pollster who tested various biased phrases, and advocated the phrase "government takeover" as the best to scare people off.

Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'
In the spring of 2009, a Republican strategist settled on a brilliant and powerful attack line for President Barack Obama's ambitious plan to overhaul America's health insurance system. Frank Luntz, a consultant famous for his phraseology, urged GOP leaders to call it a "government takeover."

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...r-health-care/
And the 2013 Lie of the Year (also about healthcare) was uttered by Obama himself.

Both parties stink.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:20 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,166,229 times
Healthcare is the number one issue our country is facing. You can make a great salary but if your healthcare sucks then that's what your pay check will be going towards. When applying for a job ask what the healthcare benefits are before you ask the salary.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:24 PM

34,157 posts, read 17,241,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I am against forcing other people to pay for your health care.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:30 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,166,229 times
Quote:
Who do you think pays for the healthcare for those without health insurance. Duh. We all are.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:37 PM

33,597 posts, read 37,240,246 times
Quote:
If you have heath insurance now who do you think is paying?...All insurance works on a pool of people.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:39 PM

50,540 posts, read 47,334,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Who do you think pays for the healthcare for those without health insurance. Duh. We all are.
Ya, I had great private insurance before Obama got his hooks into my company. He taxed them into oblivion. I've seen the spreadsheets.

It also sunk my wife's company.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:46 PM

18,567 posts, read 7,422,552 times
Quote:

Uh, no. There is no basis for concluding that Frank Luntz changed anyone's mind by stating something patently obvious.

It's a bad idea for a lot pf reasons, and no one needed Frank Luntz to point that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies