Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 07:21 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
You using ADL as a source is amusing to me, since you have dismissed them in previous threads when I've used them as a source.

It's true that many anti-zionists are also anti-semites. It's also true that many zionists are christians who think jews are going to hell.
Ah....now we are getting somewhere. You admit that many anti-Zionists are also antisemites.

As far as Christians who are pro-Israel and also antisemites, I’ll tell you the same thing I’ve said before: If I had to choose between those who are against Israel for the wrong reasons and those who are for Israel for the wrong reasons, I’ll choose the latter.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:22 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,099,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
I know a lot about cars. I stand in my garage next to it, does that make me a car?
No, but you know a lot about cars, if what you say is true.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Ah....now we are getting somewhere. You admit that many anti-Zionists are also antisemites.

As far as Christians who are pro-Israel and also antisemites, I’ll tell you the same thing I’ve said before: If I had to choose between those who are against Israel for the wrong reasons and those who are for Israel for the wrong reasons, I’ll choose the latter.
I understand your point.

Curious: Do you ever criticize Israeli policy regarding the annexation of land/property?

Old 06-01-2021, 07:26 PM

18,473 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Expecting people attending an "Anti-Israel" to say nice things about Jews is sort of like expecting attendees at a Trump rally to say nice things about "leftists".
Thank you for illustrating how Anti-Israel often is the synonymous with Anti-Jew/anti-semitism.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Surprising that so many on your side deny it.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I understand your point.

Curious: Do you ever criticize Israeli policy regarding the annexation of land/property?
Sure. I’ve said before that Israel was initially too aggressive with the settlements. But overall, Israel demonstrates humanitarian concerns and efforts that one doesn’t see elsewhere in the Middle East, and is doing an amazing job of restraint against terrorists who seek to destroy it.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:32 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
Isn't it a bit hypocritical for the extreme left to be anti semitic? Aren't they supposed to be about racial equality? That's the centrist left, not the woke culture BLM people they align with. Why do they support violent cultures so much? Arabs are violent and hyper conservative...ghetto culture tends to be violent and liberal. It seems like the extreme right and left share more in common with each other than with anyone in the middle.

They passively condone each other while railing against what they perceive to be white oppressors...and maybe now Jewish oppressors. ... News flash...it's not the every day person calling the shots, it's the top .01%...me thinks the elites create cultural wars to distract people from class wars. Does it really bother these extremists so much that normal people work hard and obey laws? I just think the whole lot of them are psychologically unstable and jealous so they latch onto fringe groups to fit in....fringe groups promoted by the media and select elites...All fringe groups except gun toting patriots of course...they are a threat to the elites plans.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Thank you for illustrating how Anti-Israel often is the synonymous with Anti-Jew/anti-semitism.

Yes. That was a beautiful example. Why should mention of Jews - either nice or not nice - enter into anti-Israel events at all?

Old 06-01-2021, 07:35 PM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

It is now fashionable for American Leftists (Democrats) to be anti Jew and anti Israel mainly for their support of Anti American Muslims and other pet groups. Even many if not most American Jews are on board because they embrace Neo Marxism/Secular Progressive ideology.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Isn't it a bit hypocritical for the extreme left to be anti semitic? Aren't they supposed to be about racial equality? That's the centrist left, not the woke culture BLM people they align with. Why do they support violent cultures so much? Arabs are violent and hyper conservative...ghetto culture tends to be violent and liberal. It seems like the extreme right and left share more in common with each other than with anyone in the middle.

They passively condone each other while railing against what they perceive to be white oppressors...and maybe now Jewish oppressors.
The left tends to align with who they see as the oppressed in these kinds of situations.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is now fashionable for American Leftists (Democrats) to be anti Jew and anti Israel mainly for their support of Anti American Muslims and other pet groups. Even many if not most American Jews are on board because they embrace Neo Marxism/Secular Progressive ideology.
To your first sentence: That’s what makes this doubly infuriating. The leftists portend to be opposed to bigotry, yet are all too happy to demonstrate it against Jews.

To your second point: With some exceptions, their liberalism trumps their Judaism. There was even a leftist Jewish college professor who said Jews should not use their time and effort to fight antisemitism, but to focus all their resources on fighting racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies