Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 08:04 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,600,838 times

Advertisements

People with sense. Smart marketing as well. Business will be booming!

Patrons are free to say what they wish at a California cafe, but doing so while wearing a mask will cost them $5. The eatery also reportedly planned to charge an additional $5 for those “caught bragging” about receiving the vaccine, some of the posted signs read.

The proceeds will be given to Project Sanctuary, a domestic abuse organization, for two weeks before another nonprofit is put into the rotation, according to Castleman.
“It’s about time that the proponents of these ineffective government measures start paying for the collateral damage they have collectively caused,” the owner continued.

In March, the establishment announced a 50 percent discount for people who threw their masks in the garbage, according to owner Chris Castleman.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...-their-choice/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 08:13 PM

11,278 posts, read 11,043,276 times
Just a matter of time before some crazy leftists burn this establishment to the ground.

Old 05-31-2021, 09:06 PM

15,868 posts, read 14,501,899 times
Why do I think some government agency will squash this?

Old 05-31-2021, 11:48 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. Snowflake meltdowns were from the Dems who wanted everything locked down and were scared to leave the house. Republicans were happy to keep the country going and supporting businesses.

Great to see this business come up with an idea for a worthy cause.
Wearing a mask would have helped us open sooner, Somehow you missed that point.

Same with getting the vaccine.

Also, that up charge about bragging about getting the vaccine isnt something that is enforceable.

at best, all they can do is charge everyone the 5 dollars and then give a 5 dollar discount for not talking about the vaccine.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:49 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Why do I think some government agency will squash this?
because it is illegal

Old 05-31-2021, 11:52 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,442,416 times
I hope this establishment burns to the ground.

Old 06-01-2021, 01:44 AM

16,110 posts, read 10,775,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Just a matter of time before some crazy leftists burn this establishment to the ground.
Do you have an address? I’ll go and protect it.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:32 AM

19,830 posts, read 9,392,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
People with sense. Smart marketing as well. Business will be booming!

Patrons are free to say what they wish at a California cafe, but doing so while wearing a mask will cost them $5. The eatery also reportedly planned to charge an additional $5 for those “caught bragging” about receiving the vaccine, some of the posted signs read.

The proceeds will be given to Project Sanctuary, a domestic abuse organization, for two weeks before another nonprofit is put into the rotation, according to Castleman.
“It’s about time that the proponents of these ineffective government measures start paying for the collateral damage they have collectively caused,” the owner continued.

In March, the establishment announced a 50 percent discount for people who threw their masks in the garbage, according to owner Chris Castleman.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...-their-choice/
Does anyone know if this is actually legal? And, also, if they try to force the fine, I can't imagine that ending well!

Old 06-01-2021, 07:47 AM

25,824 posts, read 18,857,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Does anyone know if this is actually legal? And, also, if they try to force the fine, I can't imagine that ending well!
As any good leftist here will tell you... it's a private business, so it can do as it pleases. Isn't that the line, leftists?

Old 06-01-2021, 07:48 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Let me put it this way, wearing a mask actually in a restaurant when not actively eating or drinking and not going to the bathroom is stupid. Mind you, I do think we should still wear masks, especially if you are not vaccinated and since some states block showing vaccination status, it means we all need to. I say that because you really cannot really take your mask off and eat since you touch your face and your food which lemme just say both you are supposed to have clean hands and there is no way to clean hands between bites and pulling your mask back on to talk...

Anywho, this place has it all wrong. Now imagine the $#!+ show we would see on here back when we had mask orders and they charged people who didn't come in with a mask $5. You Anti masters would be whining and complaining about that. I don't know if it is illegal but it issurely immoral...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies