Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 11:13 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,594,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach13. View Post
No one knows for sure what the death toll was as it's been muddied by inconsistencies. What you gave is the low ball number.
{snip}
If you can't discern the distinction between the two, then I don't know what to tell you.
lol - you don't know what to tell me because there is nothing to tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 11:45 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,681,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Now all of a sudden the destruction of Black Wall Street is a myth when there are survivors alive today. Typical.
You might notice that much of the opening to this wiki page is recent. The Black Wall Street stuff I never saw there until just recently. One of the citations is from "The Root", hardly a credible source of information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach13. View Post
> Claims history should be portrayed ACCURATELY
> Proceed to give an INACCURATE portrayal of history.

A year prior to the Tulsa Massacre, a 19-year old Black male (Roy Belton) who had been recently arrested for hijacking and murder was forcibly removed from a Tulsa Courthouse by an armed White mob. The mob took Belton to a secluded area and lynched him. Afterward, armed Black residents of Tulsa decided that they would be outside the courthouse if this were to ever happen again.
Roy Belton was a white man. Between 1882 and 1968, roughly 1300 white people were lynched. Seems like people didn't like due process in the old times. "Why do we need a trial, we have all the evidence we need right here." I sometimes hear the same thing nowadays.

If you are talking about lynchings, the single biggest lynching in the U.S. was of Italians in New Orleans. There was a lot of racist sentiment against Italians, Irish, and Jews back then. I'm of Italian descent, guess what, I'm over it. There are others who say the Chinese massacre of 1871 was the single biggest lynching. I don't see a lot of people today crying about it or trying to make it a holiday. Chinese Americans seem to have let bygones be bygones and move on.

This is history folks. Most of history is filled with violence, people conquering other people, enslavement, genocide, assassinations, etc.

If you want to memorialize every lynching, murder, or "massacre" in history, then you'll be celebrating 10 per day. What I see are certain historical events being manipulated to drive a political agenda. Since he was elected to the Senate in 1973, how often has Joe Biden visited Tulsa to pay his respects? How often did Obama visit Tulsa on the anniversary of the Tulsa race riots?

Again, I have no issue with people who want to remember the Tulsa race riots, though it's quite ironic that these people never cared about them before. However, when people want to enact political legislation and use the excuse as a 100 year-old event, that's just ridiculous.

Old 06-01-2021, 11:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Im shocked. How many are justifying what?
Saying --- not trusting the race might explain why you would feel the need to destroy the community seems to be justifying it.

It was horrific.
It was based on emotions -- not facts.

And it was horrible.

Old 06-01-2021, 12:01 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,607,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Imagine being a progressive in 2021, condemning the destruction of businesses 100 years ago. They could just go back a year and find same.
they don't care at all about revisiting those billions of dollars in damages and hundreds of lives lost.
odd.

Old 06-01-2021, 12:06 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,097,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
You might notice that much of the opening to this wiki page is recent. The Black Wall Street stuff I never saw there until just recently. One of the citations is from "The Root", hardly a credible source of information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

Roy Belton was a white man. Between 1882 and 1968, roughly 1300 white people were lynched. Seems like people didn't like due process in the old times. "Why do we need a trial, we have all the evidence we need right here." I sometimes hear the same thing nowadays.

If you are talking about lynchings, the single biggest lynching in the U.S. was of Italians in New Orleans. There was a lot of racist sentiment against Italians, Irish, and Jews back then. I'm of Italian descent, guess what, I'm over it. There are others who say the Chinese massacre of 1871 was the single biggest lynching. I don't see a lot of people today crying about it or trying to make it a holiday. Chinese Americans seem to have let bygones be bygones and move on.

This is history folks. Most of history is filled with violence, people conquering other people, enslavement, genocide, assassinations, etc.

If you want to memorialize every lynching, murder, or "massacre" in history, then you'll be celebrating 10 per day. What I see are certain historical events being manipulated to drive a political agenda. Since he was elected to the Senate in 1973, how often has Joe Biden visited Tulsa to pay his respects? How often did Obama visit Tulsa on the anniversary of the Tulsa race riots?

Again, I have no issue with people who want to remember the Tulsa race riots, though it's quite ironic that these people never cared about them before. However, when people want to enact political legislation and use the excuse as a 100 year-old event, that's just ridiculous.
Exactly.

All this is is just more of the same dehumanizing of whites from the left - more cultural terrorism against us. It's sickening.

Old 06-01-2021, 12:39 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,663,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm shocked to see how folks are trying to justify the massacre. Seriously something is wrong here.
haha.. did you forget where you are?

This is the same place that shrugs at people storming the Capital on January 6th while using BLM as a shield for why it was acceptable behavior.

Old 06-01-2021, 01:26 PM

12,976 posts, read 9,674,444 times
Quote:
I'm shocked to see how folks are trying to justify the massacre. Seriously something is wrong here.
I agree, something is very wrong, but I'm not shocked anymore. For what I've seen over the last four years, nothing hardly shocks me anymore.

Old 06-01-2021, 01:34 PM

13,512 posts, read 17,049,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I agree, something is very wrong, but I'm not shocked anymore. For what I've seen over the last four years, nothing hardly shocks me anymore.
There's no justification for what happened.

We know that black people were oppressed and faced racial violence in the past in this country.

The point of this right now is not to teach history, it's to further propagate racial hostility, especially within black people who are already set off by George Floyd and the exaggerated narrative being pedaled about unarmed black people being killed by racist cops. It's also additional evidence to further propagate the new religion of anti-racism among white leftists. When the sting of this one runs out, another old story will be pulled up. You certainly can't pull up anything from recent history, because in reality there is much more violence perpetrated by blacks against everyone else in the country over the last 40 years than the other way around. But, you have to keep the victim narrative alive to gain political power.

Old 06-01-2021, 01:56 PM

27,676 posts, read 16,166,190 times
Quote:
Saying --- not trusting the race might explain why you would feel the need to destroy the community seems to be justifying it.

It was horrific.
It was based on emotions -- not facts.

And it was horrible.
Who's justifying it? Saw one poster ask if it was? Meanwhile most are dismissing everything but final tally.

Old 06-01-2021, 01:58 PM

27,676 posts, read 16,166,190 times
Moral to the story: Dont assault women, dont take the law into your own hands. Dont blame an entire populace for a fews action and most importantly dont let the left bamboozle your emotions to sow division and push communist ideas into law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies