Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 04:46 AM

6,342 posts, read 3,529,367 times

Advertisements

This case was in Louisiana. 72 year old just got tired of the loud music. He had asked repeatedly for them to respect his wishes, but to no avail. The police are absolutely worthless in a situation like this. They struggle to stop serious crimes, let alone something as frivolous as loud music.

So the 72 year old went over with a gun, and the whole situation devolved into an altercation, and ended with the neighbor shot.

Now, the 72 year old is facing 50 years in prison.

But a part of me feels like justice was served and that idiot will think long and hard about blasting his music ever again. Anyway, I hope the old guy doesn’t do any time at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 05:12 AM

5,657 posts, read 6,264,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
This case was in Louisiana. 72 year old just got tired of the loud music. He had asked repeatedly for them to respect his wishes, but to no avail. The police are absolutely worthless in a situation like this. They struggle to stop serious crimes, let alone something as frivolous as loud music.

So the 72 year old went over with a gun, and the whole situation devolved into an altercation, and ended with the neighbor shot.

Now, the 72 year old is facing 50 years in prison.

But a part of me feels like justice was served and that idiot will think long and hard about blasting his music ever again. Anyway, I hope the old guy doesn’t do any time at all.
Are you serious? Is being a jerk now a capital crime? Thankfully the jury did not agree with you and took less than an hour to convict him of attempted second-degree murder. https://www.kplctv.com/2021/05/28/i-...er-loud-music/

Last edited by CrowGirl; 05-30-2021 at 05:32 AM..

Old 05-30-2021, 05:23 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,581,470 times
I wonder if it was cRap music.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:07 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,395,791 times
Loud music and bright lights are used by the military as a form of torture against enemies. Yet we are supposed to live with it all the time if we have a neighbor that feels like doing those things.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:11 AM

45,361 posts, read 26,634,938 times
Clint? is that you?

Old 05-30-2021, 07:45 AM

26,297 posts, read 19,202,404 times
People who play loud music, do loud trucks, have constantly barking dogs, etc, etc, etc, know exactly what they are doing. They are not fooling anyone. The are sadists. Pretty simple. If they could get away with doing what the Spanish Inquisitors or the death camp guards did, they would. For them, having control over others and torturing others (especially when the others have no recourse to avoid the torture) is a form of sexual gratification for them and really hits the spot with their psychological pleasure centers.

The only difference between a sadist who ends up in prison or dead for his or her sadistic acts and the sort of person who does the loud music thing is that the loud music guy doesn't want to face the consequences for the torture of others, so he finds ways to make others miserable that have a lower risk of consequences for him. But if he could get away with cutting his neighbor's ears off, he would do so. Think of the loud music guy as a sadist who doesn't have the stones to face the consequences of his actions.

For those of you who question the above, consider this: loud music has been used as a form of torture in places like Gitmo for years. It has been found an effective torture along with sleep deprivation, bright lights, and other such measures because it does not physically harm the victim but has nearly the same psychological effect as if there were physical harm or pain.

If you want to know more about this topic, there are several good books concerning the effects of loud, obnoxious noise on the human brain on Amazon. Look them up.

As for the OP, it sounds like the old man had come to a point that he'd had enough and couldn't take any more. Until you are a prisoner in your own home, you won't understand it at all. I do understand it because I lived through it. Luckily, it didn't end this way for me. But it sure as hell could have.

Old 05-30-2021, 08:54 AM

10,083 posts, read 4,816,179 times
Noise issues and complaint were one of the biggest problems during the lockdowns because everyone being home finally got a chance to see what's going on in their building or neighborhood. This was prior but example of noisy crap neighbors.

That being said excessive noise especially loud music is frequently accompanied by excessive alcohol and/or drugs and/or illegal drug dealing/criminals. If people need the whole world to hear or experience their high they have issues.

That being said unless the neighbor was violating noise ordinances or threatend the perp at anytime bringing a gun to a fist fight not good.

The noisey neighbors I've had the fate train comes to their stop because the excessive alcohol, parties and/or illegal drugs cost them money and health. I've seen evictions and foreclosures. Problem is the neighbors should not have to wait or have the time for fate, karma or destiny to make an appearance.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:01 AM

16,008 posts, read 6,696,286 times
That's unfortunate. He can spend the rest of his grumpy life complaining about a noisy cell.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:06 AM

6,342 posts, read 3,529,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Are you serious? Is being a jerk now a capital crime? Thankfully the jury did not agree with you and took less than an hour to convict him of attempted second-degree murder. https://www.kplctv.com/2021/05/28/i-...er-loud-music/
This is an issue that will mostly follow party lines. If you are right leaning, you applaud the 72 year old. If you are a liberal, you are outraged. How dare this 72 year old not continue to put up with sleepless nights, which will lead to disease and an early grave.

But how do you think he should’ve dealt with this?

I lived in Tokyo for awhile. In the most densely populated place on earth. You know what I heard every single night? Silence. Because Japanese people have respect for their neighbors.

Call me old school if you must, but if I continually keep getting disrespected, I will act. I wouldn’t have shot the guy. But I’ll bet you when it was all said and done, he would’ve wished he had never crossed me and he wouldn’t have ever seen it coming, nor knew where it came from.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:08 AM

8,436 posts, read 3,601,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Loud music and bright lights are used by the military as a form of torture against enemies. Yet we are supposed to live with it all the time if we have a neighbor that feels like doing those things.
Right. People even laugh about it. The last place I lived the neighbor would blast loud music for days at a time and keep me up for days. The landlord would do nothing about it. I was able to get an apartment finally in another subsidized housing place across town. I have not had so much sleep in years.

I feel for the man. His neighbor basically tortured him and he snapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies