Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 11:31 AM

53,609 posts, read 35,509,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I'm not saying I'm angry. I'm saying they are. The Chinese have internet and forums too you know.

I said specifically the coronavirus research project was US funded. There is no dispute on that. I did not say the lab is US funded.
you said 'coronavirus research at that Wuhan lab was fully funded by the US.'

that was not true.

you claimed 'you can see why the people of Wuhan are very angry with Americans setting up a dangerous lab in their city'

that wasn't true either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2021, 12:11 PM

2,367 posts, read 924,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you said 'coronavirus research at that Wuhan lab was fully funded by the US.'

that was not true.

you claimed 'you can see why the people of Wuhan are very angry with Americans setting up a dangerous lab in their city'

that wasn't true either.
The first is true according to Peter Daszak of Ecohealth, the recipient of the NIH grant.

The second is my opinion, that it is understandable why some Chinese netizens are upset after finding out the virus might have escaped from a US funded lab.

The initial whistleblower doctor who died of covid is now treated like a martyr. Both American and Chinese people are asking questions. That's a good thing, don't you agree?

Old 05-29-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
The first is true according to Peter Daszak of Ecohealth, the recipient of the NIH grant.

The second is my opinion, that it is understandable why some Chinese netizens are upset after finding out the virus might have escaped from a US funded lab.

The initial whistleblower doctor who died of covid is now treated like a martyr. Both American and Chinese people are asking questions. That's a good thing, don't you agree?
no, the first is not completely true. the Wuhan lab does, and has done, lots of other coronavirus research that received no US funding. and the lab was constructed years ago, again with no US funding.
if the second is opinion, it should be preceded by 'i think'. right now it is an unsupported declarative statement.

of course it's a good idea that people are finally asking questions- I've been asking them since the outbreak began.

Old 05-30-2021, 10:30 AM

How Fact-Checkers ‘Deceived The Public’ About Possible Virus Outbreak From Wuhan Lab
Quote:
When the theory first began to surface in early 2020, fact-checkers far and wide decried it as a conspiracy theory. In September 2020, PolitiFact labeled the lab leak theory as a “pants-on-fire” lie that was “inaccurate and ridiculous.” The premature fact-check has now been retracted in May.

Furthermore, Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting called it a “lunatic conspiracy theory.”
Republicans like Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton and former President Donald Trump were chastised for wondering aloud if the pandemic could have originated in the Wuhan lab. Now, some members of the media are admitting that the story got buried for political purposes.
Attached Thumbnails
Tony Fauxci backed virus experiments ‘despite pandemic risk’-e2pitrfxeaq2hhm.jpeg  

Old 06-03-2021, 07:45 PM

Career staffers at the State Department 'warned' officials not to investigate the possibility that COVID-19 leaked from a Wuhan lab, fearing it would expose U.S. funding for gain-of-function research there, according to a new report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies