Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 01:12 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_Nu_Toe_PeaYa View Post
There’s no such thing as American Exceptionalism. We’re as flawed as every other free. Country. Just look at the summer of 2020 and Jan 6th.

We’re not special.
Both of those were manufactured. That also completely missed the point of thesis, antithesis and synthesis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 01:13 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Does the American public really support this stuff? This is what the Democrat party is increasingly all about now. They will try to destroy you if you make any sort of an effective effort to oppose them on this.

"Critical race theory is separatist, Black Panther crap they're trying to put in minds of our children."

Very well said, Mark Levin. That really presents it well. I cannot believe that the American people are so cowardly and so apathetic that they will continue to either support or accommodate this insidiously vile and devastatingly destructive ideology that appears to have become the central core of the values of the Democrat left.
Black Panther crap like free breakfasts in schools and health clinics to serve the poor?

Old 05-28-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonesome Luke View Post
So I guess CRT is going to be the new Red Scare of the 2020's.
White Supremacy Culture Resources

Resources to sharpen our racial analysis and deepen our understanding of White Supremacy Culture.

https://www.nea.org/resource-library...ture-resources

Quote:
NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States. We bring the expertise, drive, and dedication of 3 million educators and allies to advancing justice and excellence in public education.
https://www.nea.org/about-nea

No, it’s a real thing and it’s consuming your social sciences and trying to destroy every other aspect of society. You can even see the results of an experiment at one of the most liberal colleges in America:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...uaJMYDxs4-Sxkw

Old 05-28-2021, 01:20 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
If Whites really have the dominant culture it would not be possible to subjugate them.

I find it hilarious that some Whites think teaching history that paints them in a bad light equals to being discriminated. LOL.

My motto is: If ancestor did it, own up to it. It's called taking responsibility. Something the right often says but never do.

The right doesn’t say take responsibility for what an ancestor you never met might have done. We say take responsibility for your OWN actions in the here and now.

Old 05-28-2021, 01:25 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:

My motto is: If ancestor did it, own up to it. It's called taking responsibility. Something the right often says but never do.

You are right. I still feel guilt for my primate ancestor bashing in the head of another primate, over a banana. Maybe I can find his ancestors and pay restitution.

The right has never been FOR taking responsibility for the actions of other people, and I hope they never are for that.

If only the left would take the same responsibility for the things they actually do, that they take for the things people they never met have done.

Old 05-28-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It's worse than separatist. If that's all it were, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Go your own damn way if you wish and good riddance. I'm sick of you anyway. But it is not that. It's an attempt to sew the seeds of the next genocide and no less evil than the philosophy of the Nazis concerning the Jews and other such "subhumans."
It’s a synthesis of all the bad ideas of the 20th century. The Vanguardism of Leninism, the racism of the Nazis, the Lysenkoism of the Soviet Union, the Cultural Revolution of Maoism. I probably missed one…

Quote:
If you wish to expel religion from our European civilization you can only do it through another system of doctrines, and from the outset this would take over all the psychological characteristics of religion, the same sanctity, rigidity and intolerance, the same prohibition of thought in self-defence.
https://johnmcwhorter.substack.com/p...rogressive-5c6

Old 05-28-2021, 01:50 PM

866 posts, read 320,138 times
Quote:
If Whites really have the dominant culture it would not be possible to subjugate them.

I find it hilarious that some Whites think teaching history that paints them in a bad light equals to being discriminated. LOL.

It's not about history. It's about power and control. As was pointed out earlier, the young are being targeted. It sounds like you have been successfully "educated".

If it is only about history there is no reason for punitive action. Preach equality, not whites are the devil.

What we really have is an extension of victim culture which is all about avoiding responsibility.

Old 05-28-2021, 01:53 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
That’s a wholly inadequate assessment of what Critical Race Theory is.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/critical-theory/

No, CRT is not what the realtors down the street are doing. The entire purpose of Critical Theory was to use the Hegelian Dialectic to synthesize Marxism, Freud and Critical Theory (not critical thinking). The rest of the Frankfurt School gave up on the revolution but not Marcuse. He successfully “internalized” Marxism by casting off the class aspects of it and attaching culture to the ideology, cultural Marxism was born. Marcuse used Freud to get Hegelian thinking and Critical Theory into the psyche of the intelligentsia. Derrick Bell “synthesized” Critical Theory with Law to make Critical Legal Studies. Delgado, Bell, Crenshaw, Matsuda, et al “synthesized” CLS with Feminist and Black Liberation Theology to make Critical Race Theory. Crenshaw “synthesized” CRT with postmodernism to create Intersectionality. All of the following Critical Theory based “studies” flow from Intersectionality. Lived experience, Positionality, Gender Studies, and all the exasperated others along with their convoluted languages and ideologies.

So first and foremost CRT carries with it the DNA of Critical Theory which was born out of the confusion of the Marxist as to why Marxism did not take hold in The West.

Well that doesn’t seem too terrible. We’ve always had Marxist…
https://uniteyouthdublin.files.wordp...okfi-org-1.pdf

Gramsci, where have I heard that name before?

https://warofposition.com/94

Oh, where are we hearing CRT mostly about right now? Oh in schools, the younger the better.

One day everyone is going to figure out that these scumbags went after their children when the Crits realized they wouldn’t win over the adults for their stupid revolution. That’ll be no small realization when it happens. A war of position was declared a long time ago but the majority of the public are just now finding out.

Hegel, Wokeness, and the Dialectical Faith of Leftism
https://youtu.be/uf4R0gX7g3w

Your post is another example of: It's bad because I said so. You made a really long one that fills with nothing but preaching, no reasoning.

Yes, I get that you guys think it's bad. Yes, I get that you claim it's derived from some historically nefarious people. Yes, I get that you claim it's bad for children. But... where's the beef??!!! Where's your argument that actually attacks the thing you claim is evil???

It's just more of the same... beating around the bushes. I suspect there is no valid argument from the right because they are unable to come up with one. So they just attack the people and claim it's evil.

Old 05-28-2021, 01:53 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You are right. I still feel guilt for my primate ancestor bashing in the head of another primate, over a banana. Maybe I can find his ancestors and pay restitution.

The right has never been FOR taking responsibility for the actions of other people, and I hope they never are for that.

If only the left would take the same responsibility for the things they actually do, that they take for the things people they never met have done.
It has more to do with taking responsibility and I’m sure you and others no that.

Redlining, legal segregation pseudoscience, and saying and reinforcing that tropical cultures are inferior to all others or didn’t produce art or philosophy, or that non western cultures or cultures that has an absence of Judeo-Christian theology are inferior to others took years and centuries to do and will.

It has nothing to do with one ancestor beating another up over a banana.

Old 05-28-2021, 01:57 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
It's not about history. It's about power and control. As was pointed out earlier, the young are being targeted. It sounds like you have been successfully "educated".

If it is only about history there is no reason for punitive action. Preach equality, not whites are the devil.

What we really have is an extension of victim culture which is all about avoiding responsibility.

There's no need to beat around the bush with this whole "power and control" BS, which means absolutely nothing.

Just go ahead and say it, "I'm afraid the truth will be used against me."

There.

Yes, I get it. You feel like you didn't do anything but will be held accountable for things that happened in the past. Well, we can talk about THAT instead of this BS reasons on why we shouldn't teach our kids history and facts.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies