Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 11:58 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,776,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Thank you. So you're telling me predators would do this anyway. That means the issue at hand won't protect women, and will only serve to discriminate against actual trans women.
There are 4 big issues here.

One is the fact perverts have and will take advantage of the system to abuse women.

Another is real biological women should have the right to feel safe. We should not be putting the feelings of a very small percentage of mentally disturbed people over the feelings of the overwhelming majority of real women.

The third is there is no such thing as trans. You are either a male or a female. You are born that way. Wanting to be something else doesn't make you something else even if you have a doctor change your parts. If you were born a male and have those parts removed you are just a male who had his body cut up.

Lastly, we have way overshot in an effort to cater to people who can't deal with the realities of life and choose to identify as something they aren't. It's beyond absurd at this point.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:58 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,628,155 times
Not sure why a trans person would want to go to this type of college in the first place. Roberts has already come down on the side of trans rights so I don't see SCOTUS overturning this. Letting a trans person use a private bathroom has always been the best solution to this issue but trans people don't like that solution, so now we have this fight about who is allowed in what bathroom.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 05-25-2021, 11:59 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,929,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Keeping all biological men out of women's bathrooms would be a start.
Having businesses, etc., install three separate bathrooms, for more than one person at a time, or, one or more single stall unisex.
How would it help, though? Nothing today stops a predator from walking into any bathroom. It doesn't protect anyone, it just discriminates against trans women. Remember the original post. It didn't speak to safety, it said women in a religious organization shouldn't share restrooms. Religion isn't a justification for discrimination.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,529,322 times
I’ve never worried that a trans woman might be in the stall next to me listening to me pee. I *do* have concern that the current culture dictating that we NEVER question an individual’s sexuality WILL be abused by perverts who figure out that putting on a dress is a ticket into female spaces. Nobody will question them, so why wouldn’t they abuse it?

It sure as hell isn’t trans women that I worry about. It’s the door being left open to the imposters who follow.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:03 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,929,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
There are 4 big issues here.

One is the fact perverts have and will take advantage of the system to abuse women.

Another is real biological women should have the right to feel safe. We should not be putting the feelings of a very small percentage of mentally disturbed people over the feelings of the overwhelming majority of real women.

The third is there is no such thing as trans. You are either a male or a female. You are born that way. Wanting to be something else doesn't make you something else even if you have a doctor change your parts. If you were born a male and have those parts removed you are just a male who had his body cut up.

Lastly, we have way overshot in an effort to cater to people who can't deal with the realities of life and choose to identify as something they aren't. It's beyond absurd at this point.
Incorrect. Gender and sex are not the same thing. Discriminating against trans people because some don't understand that distinction isn't an acceptable answer.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:07 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,933,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Where does it say that the trans need to have the 'big snip' and hormone treatments to be in women's bathrooms and dorm rooms? Seems as long as they simply identify as a women then they are good to go.
Bruce Jenner, now Caitlin, even though he went threw a “sex change “ he still prefers women and kept his male parts... I understand that transsexuals still prefer the opposite sex.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:09 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,726,584 times
The creepy bathroom obsession is the “thin end of the wedge”. Honestly, I don't really care if it is a public bathroom. Public bathrooms are usually dirty and crowded, I try my best not to use it. If I have to use it, I just want to use it quickly and leave quickly. If transwomen want to share the same public bathroom, I don't think this will be the issue.

This said, locker rooms and open shower bathrooms like at the gym? No.. I don't want to share that space with anyone who isn't a biological woman. I don't want to see a male sexual organ. This does not mean that I think it is okay to discriminate against transgender people.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:13 PM

33,595 posts, read 18,231,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Bruce Jenner, now Caitlin, even though he went threw a “sex change “ he still prefers women and kept his male parts... I understand that transsexuals still prefer the opposite sex.
Some go back and forth. One day they are male , next day they have a dress and wig on.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:14 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,776,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Incorrect. Gender and sex are not the same thing. Discriminating against trans people because some don't understand that distinction isn't an acceptable answer.
There is no difference. The entire thing is a bunch of freaking hogwash to cater to mentally ill people.

There is no they or them. There is only he or she.

You are born male or female and you will always be male or female, not matter how much you bastardize your body.

It's well past time we stop catering to all the freaking weirdos and snowflakes who can't handle life as nature dealt it. People need to grow the **** up and learn to deal with life as it is.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:18 PM

11,240 posts, read 8,339,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
So according to Biden logic, I can identify as Trans and go to see naked girls in college? The predatory outcome of this ridiculousness is insane.
So according to your "logic", a girls dorm should be forced to make this person shower with them, because even though they CURRENTLY have man-parts and a beard, they were born as a girl, so you want to MANDATE that they shower with girls?

I think the better approach would be to prosecute people for any type of actual crimes, regardless of how they Identify. If a girl or a boy assaults another boy or girl, then prosecute them. As you all like to say, "enforce the laws on the books". Anyone sexually assaulting another is breaking the law. Enforce it.

EDIT: This picture is of a Transgender Male, born as a female. That's what you want showering with your daughter, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies